Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T RamdasYour feedback matters!
Dandruff is one of those uncalled for hair conditions we all have trouble dealing with. It not just takes our self confidence down but also acts as a trigger to a number of scalp problems that we might face in the future. But, it is not as if one has to go through an expensive salon treatment to get rid of the unwanted dandruff. Basic hygiene and a few good rules could be effective in treating the irritable condition of dandruff. Here are a few:
- Coconut oil: This oil is supposed to have anti fungal properties and also keeps the scalp from getting itchy. For best results, mix coconut oil with lemon and rub it in the scalp gently. Leave for some time and then again wash the hair. This should be done at least three times in a week to get rid of dandruff.
- Vinegar: It is one of the other ingredients that are a proven anti-dandruff. Application of fungus helps to kill the fungi and bacteria associated to dandruff. Vinegar is rich in acidic content and thus reduces flaking a great deal. White vinegar and water should be mixed in equal proportions and applied to hair thoroughly. Leave it for some time and wash the hair thoroughly. Follow this for three times a week for best results.
- Neem: Ancient herbs hold relevance till today. The medicinal and cooling properties of Neem are a great remedy for treating dandruff. Nature is the best way to go and Neem has been a tested element for all skin ailments and same applies to the fungi that accumulate as the result of flakes. Boil Neem leaves in water and use the broth to wash hair.
- Garlic: A lot of people seem to avoid garlic on their hair because of the pungent smell associated to it. However, the medicinal properties of garlic are too many to be overlooked. The benefits of raw and crushed garlic are too many to be listed and have been tested since a long time. For best results, pound garlic cloves with water and wash your hair with the liquid. And for the smell, you could add honey and ginger to the mixture.
- Yogurt: Perhaps the most common method used for treating dandruff since a long time. Yogurt continues to win our trust every time. This is simple as it could get. Apply yogurt to the scalp and leave it for some time. Then wash the yogurt after around an hour and use a mild shampoo to wash off the hair. Repeat the procedure for at least two days a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Neck and face skin turning black. Otherwise, no diabetis, ECG fine, Cortisol fine, no BP. What could be the reason?
Its itching to much on thighs dnt knw y is it.does we get get itching when the weight is reducing from that portion.
Getting a hair transplant is a matter of getting yourself a new weave from the hair follicles harvested from an area of your own body where the hair growth is better. This is a simple surgical procedure where the number of sittings and the intensity of the sessions will depend entirely on the cause for hair loss as well as the response to the treatment. This procedure can be used to restore the lost hair in many areas including the scalp, the eyebrows, the eyelashes and more. While the procedure may be a simple one, it may cause certain side effects for certain people. Let us learn more about the same.
- Few Side Effects: This surgical process may not lead to those many side effects for the simple fact that the donor and the recipient are the same. When the hair comes from the same body, there is little chance of the immune system mistaking it for a foreign body. This will lead to fewer side effects.
- Pain: Pain in the area where the grafting has happened may be one of the side effects which may happen primarily due to the fact that the procedure may lead to some amount of abrasion which can cause inflammation and pain.
- Bleeding: There are chances of going through bleeding after the procedure, but this too is usually a rare and extreme side effect. This may point at the presence of an infection. Bleeding does not usually happen after such a procedure because coagulation holds the new follicles in place and ensures that there is no bleeding or infection.
- Scarring: While itching and scarring may be more common side effects of this kind of procedure, this usually lasts as long as the swelling does. This will take a week or two to clear up. The scarring may happen when the hairline begins to redefine itself. And in some cases, the hairline may look unnatural due to the scarring. The hair growing at the back of the head may also look strange due to this reason.
- Grading: In order to avoid the problem of scarring and a strange looking hairline, the doctors now use a procedure called grading with which the thicker hair grows towards the back and the thinner hair remains in front. If this is done in a proper fashion, one cannot even make out that surgery has taken place on the scalp.
- Upkeep: While the Follicle Unit Extraction method ensures that the scarring does not take place to that degree where it becomes too obvious, one must realise that upkeep will be required so as to prevent further hair loss even in the areas surrounding the transplant.