Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir I had unprotected sex with my friend after 2 days of her periods which get over 19/10 and on 20/10 I gave her pill (i pill) bcoz I didn't understand wt to do. After taking pill its going to 12 days she didn't have periods yet. And her next date is on 9/11. I am tooo worried wt to do.
Fast Food, by and large, is detrimental to the health. Multiple studies have shown this in the past decade. It aggravates many diseases and is responsible for medical conditions such as obesity, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension. Amidst multiple negative qualities, many fast foods are actually not that bad for the body. If taken in right proportions, some of the fast foods mentioned below can be extremely useful for the body.
- Popcorn: Apart from being one of the best accompaniments for movies, popcorns greatly helps in curbing hunger. Home-made popcorns have fewer calories and are a very good antioxidant. The good part about popcorn is the fact that it is not heavy as other fast foods and doesn’t make you feel lethargic. However, it should be ensured that more than one bowl of popcorn is not consumed at a time.
- Baked snacks: Baked snacks are a much-preferred choice in the snacks category these days. Owing to their low fat and carb content, they not only serve as tasty snacks but are good for the overall health as well. The fact that baked snacks are made up of whole wheat, makes it a more attractive offering. Baked snacks, when prepared with a dash of spice, can be a good alternative to other unhealthy snacks in the market.
- Processed Cheese: Processed cheese contains Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The latter is found to have anti-carcinogenic properties. A recent study showed that the CLA found in processed cheese is much more than other dairy products. Processed cheese is also a good antioxidant. This being said, too much intake of processed cheese can be harmful to the body.
- Dark chocolate brownie: If dark chocolate is consumed with whole wheat brownie, it acts as a good ingredient for patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. When consumed with a few nuts, dark chocolate brownie becomes a power house of fibre. People with a sweet tooth can find this preparation a good alternative for other fast food items such as chocolate, ice cream and pastries.
- Chocolate Bars: This is another treat for a person with a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate bars are rich in antioxidants. It brings down blood pressure level and is found to be effective for the heart. This should not be consumed more than 100 grams per day.
- Stout Beer: Dry stout beer with its rich creamy content is as good as a dose of aspirin. This form of liquor improves blood circulation level and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests. One pint of this beer every alternate day will serve the purpose of quenching your alcohol thrust while ensuring that no harm is caused to your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife's age 20. I am 29. We are trying to conceive from last 6-7 months. But don't get success. What we will do?
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to 're-parent' themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like 'I am too fat for anybody to want to date' I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say 'or' people never seem to understand me,
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as 'I am perfectly lovable just as I am' and 'I welcome love, friendship and support into my life'
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com is an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!
I masturbate in the morning and in the evening I had sex with my girlfriend. But I did not cum inside her vagina I pull it out. Would she be pregnant because of pre-cum?
Last time I took i-pill then my period was came early and now its late what should I do sir please suggest me.
My age is 28, my wife has suffers from diabetes during pregnancy, what types of medicines she have used in this condition,
Hello . Last year in nov 2013 I got married. There is too much time passed but my wife has not become pregnant. Is there any problem either me or in my wife.
What are the safe days after periods to have sex with my hubby. Without using contraceptives? so that I shouldn't get pregnant.
The terms plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery are often used interchangeably. Plastic surgery is a broad field, which has two branches - cosmetic surgery and reconstructive plastic surgery. There are marked differences between the two in terms of method of surgery and cause of requirement.
This type of surgery is used to improve the physical and aesthetic appearance of a person. The requirement for this form of surgery does not generally arise out of any pressing medical or diagnostic need and is completely elective. A cosmetic surgeon is skilled at both surgical and non-surgical procedures. Surgical procedures include breast augmentation and reduction, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), liposuction, eyelid surgery, etc. Examples of non-surgical procedures are botox, laser treatments for skin and hair, collagen injections, microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells by spraying exfoliating crystals), etc.
Reconstructive plastic surgery
Also known simply as reconstructive surgery, this is performed on abnormal structures of the body that have become deformed due to congenital defects, trauma, accidents, and burns, or illnesses and infections. The central aim of this type of surgery is to repair and improve functioning in the affected part of the body. This includes surgical techniques such as skin grafting, flap procedures, cleft lip surgery, correctional procedures, etc.
Both cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery require a thorough examination of the patient's medical history and lifestyle habits prior to the procedure. The surgeon concerned shall make an evaluation of the case and decide on the best possible course of action. Each case is different and is approached differently, which means that the most suitable technique of surgery is a subjective matter.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Sceptic about Getting Your Nose Corrected? 5 Myths about a Nose Job Busted!
Hello doctor my mom is 46 years old .Why stopped her menstrual cycle? meximum 2 month above her menstrual have not coming yet?
Dear Doctor, i am a sexually active 30 years old male, and used to have sexual intercourse with few females before, but around 3 months back, i had intercourse with my girlfriend and now she is complaining of whitish vaginal discharge at the time of ovulation every month, which she had not experienced before, and also once she developed some kind of vesicles in her vulva area following the intercourse, i dont have any symptom in me, but i am scared i may be having STDs. Kindly help me.
Ergonomics plays a role in approximately 50% of all workplace injuries. Ergonomics will help
1. Improve quality
2. Improve absenteeism
3. Maintain a healthier work force
4. Reduce injury and illness rates
5. Acceptance of high turnover jobs
6. Reduce workers compensation costs
7. Elevate osha compliance to a higher level awareness