Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T. Chitralekha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T. ChitralekhaYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, My son is 12 years old, his blood report is :moderate degree of microcytic hypochromic anemia with moderate neutrophilia .so, please suggest me what treatment he has to under go.
Hi doctor, I am 28 years old my cycle is regular its 27-28 days. My last menstruation was on 27 may 2015 and I m ttc now I have all early pregnancy symptoms except morning sickness is it necessary? I have home test its also negative and from today I have bad upper back pain so is it pms or early pregnancy symptom please help me.
I have together with my girl friend on 5th December, and it was unprotected, so after that she took an i-pill after 24 hours, and her previous menstrual cycle was started at 29th december. But still now menstrual cycle has not started, so is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife is 6 week pregnant and she gets a abdominal pain during night that goes away after half hour. Is anything to worry a bout?
I am 24 years old I have irregular periods problem tis month already 2 months over bt I did not move in sexual things and I am unmarried. Sometimes I gt tempt with my boyfriend its too rare. It is any problem to periods. So please find me wt problem I having nd give me good solutions.
Why do some girls cry & moan during having sex. Is it compulsory for women to moan & cry when having sex.
Hello dr! main 5 month pregnant hu. Mera hemoglobin 8.1 hai blood test me beta thalassemia minner aaya hai, or koe problem nhi h mujhe pregnancy k doran. Aap mujhe sahi diet bataiye taki mera hemoglobin improve ho sake. Kya beta thalassemia k karn mujhe normal delivery m dikkt ho sakti h? please guide me!
I'm married for 9 months. Now a days I'm in fasting weakly one day. Without food and only milk and fruits. Will it be harmful to my body and also I'm trying to conceive.
Plums originally originated in the continent of Asia. They are the member of the plant Genus Prunus, which also consists of apricots, cherries, and almonds. One can’t go wrong in adding plums in their diet. Plums have the qualities of being low in calories and they also enable you to meet your daily dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber needs. Some other amazing benefits of plums are :
- Low in calorie content: Plums contain few calories as compared to its portion size, as they are low-energy foods containing 70 calories. There are just 70 calories in two plums of medium sizes. It has been suggested by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Preventions) that when one includes more amounts of low-energy dense foods in their diet, it can help them to limit their total amount of calorie intake for controlling hunger and weight loss.
- Good source of fiber: Plums are very good source of fiber. 2 grams of fiber can be found in two medium sized plums. In average, adults need about 20 to 30 grams of fiber in a day, where most people consume only around 15 grams of fiber. The fiber content in foods can help control hunger. Fiber also helps to add bulk to our stool. It helps to mitigate and prevent constipation. Fiber also has the power to prevent the risks of heart diseases by absorbing cholesterol from our blood stream.
- Low glycemic index food: The calories in plum come from the carbohydrates in the form of sugar. In two medium sized plums, there is about 19 grams of carbs and about 16 grams of sugar. Although plums are high in sugar and carbohydrates, plums are low glycemic index food. The glycemic index helps to rank the foods that contain carbohydrate on how and by how much they affect blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause a brisk rise in blood sugar. Whereas foods with low glycemic index cause a little bit of rising in blood sugar. And also people who eat too many of high glycemic index food has a high risk of diabetes and also heart disease according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Whereas eating low glycemic index foods helps to control diabetes and also helps in weight loss.
- Good source of vitamin A: Eating two medium sized plums can provide about eight percent of a person’s daily need of vitamin A or 400 international units. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, development and growth, immune health, reproduction, and bone health. Vitamin A is also known as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Good source of vitamin C: It is an important water-soluble vitamin. We need a minimum intake of vitamin C in order to make collagen which also helps in healing of wounds and plums are rich in this nutrient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.