Find numerous Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Syed Mushtaq
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Ear Wax Removal Procedures
Treatment of Nose Infection
Treatment of Neck swelling
Submit a review for Dr. Syed MushtaqYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Tonsil Stones which appears and disappears at times. Please suggest a remedy. Thanks.
I am suffering from cold from morning. My throat was also itchy. By evening I am having slight fever and my eyes are also burning. What medication should I take? P.S. - I have allergies from penicillin.
Hi, I used to clean my bathroom with acid every time. From the past 3 times onwards after cleaning my bathroom my throat started irritating. Following next one week I vomited flum or water at least 2 times per day. Recently I got to realize this is because of that acid effect. continuously coughing throughout the day not even letting me to sleep. Is it dangerous. Shall I got to check up again. I covered myself completely while cleaning but still while taking breathe its going inside and started irritating. Anyway I ll stop this but please suggest how to get rid of this. I would be very grateful if you help me. Thank you
Are you feeling lightheaded, unbalanced or woozy lately? Are you having strange sensations in the ears and eyes? These indicate that you are suffering from dizziness, a condition affecting the body’s sensory organs. It can cause fainting at times as well. It is not a disease, but a symptom of several disorders. Dizziness is caused by inner ear disturbances, effects of medication, motion sickness and underlying health conditions, such as poor blood circulation, infections or injuries.
Test and diagnosis
If you feel dizzy for a prolonged period of time or if the dizziness occurs and reoccurs, a special treatment is required. This is because dizziness may make you prone to several risks in everyday life. Several tests are carried out to find out the cause of the dizziness. If a stroke is suspected, an MRI scan or CT scan is carried out. A physical examination is undertaken in which the way you walk and balance are observed and the nerves of the central nervous system are checked. Hearing and balance tests may also be required, which are as follows:
- Eye movement testing in which the path of the eyes is observed while tracking an object in motion. An eye motion test may be given where cold and warm water is placed in the ear canal.
- Head movement tests are carried out when benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is suspected.
Treatment of dizziness includes medicines, therapies and balance exercises.
- Various types of medicines are used initially to control the acute phase of imbalance. Drugs are even continued for some patients for a bit longer duration depending on clinical findings..
- Head position maneuvers: A technique known as canalith repositioning helps in resolving dizziness quickly. It can be performed by a doctor, therapist or audiologist. The position of the head is maneuvered in the process.
- Balance therapy: Several exercises help in making the body’s balance system lesser sensitive to motion. This technique, known as vestibular rehabilitation, is used for people suffering from dizziness due to inner ear conditions.
- Psychotherapy: This therapy may be used for patients who experience dizziness because of anxiety disorders.
- Use of antibiotics: An antibiotic by the name of gentamicin may be injected in the inner ear for disabling the balance function. The unaffected ear performs that function.
- Other procedures: A procedure known as labyrinthectomy may be used for disabling the vestibular labyrinth in the affected ear.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!