Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Azam HashmiYour feedback matters!
My dad of age 56 years last 1 year back he met with brain stroke, last December one day he got fits and behaved very angrily we admitted him in hospital and again last month he had the same may I know the condition, does it leads to paralysis?
I am suffering from epilepsy from last ten years but I don't get any fit from 4 years. Can I leave our medicine, reply only when you take guarantee that no fit will arise after leaving medicine's?
I an suffering for chronic migraine pain before last 3 year. Please give me ideal treatment of release if pain.
I have been suffering from insomnia since five years. It was started due to heavy mental pressure from my elder brother when we were beeing separate family. Now the problem is solved. But I could not sleep without sleping pills. I have consumed various sleeping pills. Presently I have been taking escitalopram-5&loragipum-0. 5 + loragipum - 0. 5 at a time during bed time. I could not sleep without loragipum-0. 5. I have been feeling week and during sex I could not ejaculate. I afraid that I have been suffering from side effect of these two sleeping pills. I like to come out of taking sleeping pills. I am 58 years of age. Kindly advice how I can gradually stop intaking sleeping pills.
Continuously little headache from more then two week. Looking like something moving in my head. Sometime I feel like my body is not in my control. What is this.
I have been going through a rough patch lately. I have been masturbating frequently for quite some time now. Now when I masturbate, my left leg goes numb for a few days making it difficult to walk, and my scrotum from underneath the left side starts to hurt. Why is this happening? The leg numbness feels extremely weird, why is this happening?
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.