Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Syam Sunder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Syam SunderYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 5 months old. And her weight is only 5.48 kg. She is only in Breastfeed. Shall I start formula milk once a day. Or shall I continue with only breast feed. As last month her weight was 5.20 kg. I think my milk is not sufficient for my baby. Pls suggest what I should do to increase her weight.
My sister is breast feeding. How long milk comes from breast .4 years. She is confused. And 3 years gap is fine for next baby.
Hello all Just wanted to know I have a friend 28 years who has 2 babies 4 years & 2 months old both are born by cesarian. Can you please let me know she is planning to have a child again till how many months she needs to wait (last baby boy she had in feb )?also please let us know how many babies she can have without any complications or any worries or any discharge if it happens .(normal or cesarian) as she is planning to have 4 childrens. Thank you in advance.
Hi Sir/Madam, I have one child. My child is 2 Years and 6 month old. He does not eat proper food. He Only take milk or some time he take namkeen or potato chips. He do not show interest in any kind of food. Dr. Banga is a famous child specialist in gwalior. Dr. Banga told me that if you do not feed your child proper food your child get in to trouble and Dr. Banga also told me that your child have low quantity of blood. Sir please help me. How can I feed my child. He do not want to eat anything. He never listen to me. What should I do?
My two months baby has watery loose motions. Her weight is 5.80 kg. She breastfeeds. In the night she sometimes she vomits because of cough. What should I do?
My son is 3 years old his weight is only 12 kg is it proper for him if not pls suggest me a diet chart for him.
My Son 4.5 years old how to get rid of his bedwetting problem. Please suggest how to stop bed wetting. Is it dangerous if not cured?
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.