Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swathi. ApsaniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My last menstrual cycle was on january 12th. Usually my periods last for about than 34 days. Last 2 times it was only 20 to 23 days. From last 4 months. I am using contraceptive pills for prevention of pregnancy. I had sex with my partner on feb 3rd nd 4th. I had an ipill also. My doubt is. Is it the safe time I had sex with my partner? From yesterday. I drink mre water than usual and urinate more than usual. Usually it was 3 times a day. Now its 6 times. Is this because I am pregnant, because I have heard people saying urinating increases during pregnancy. Will periods become late after using pills for contraception. Thanks.
Hi I am 29 year old married female. I had sex in 3rd day of period. Now my period is delayed by 8 days. My pregnancy test is negative. What's the problem? what should I do? any prescription please?
Dear sir/ madam I am suffering from sever chest pain. It's common during menses but from last too moths the pain continuing after menses. In fact I am unable to move my breast at all. I constant a doctor she gave a evion tablets and acep tablets after using tablets pain is relief but after complete my course again my pain is starting sirPlease give some suggestions.
My Wife is completed her first trimester. Would like to know going ahead what will be best thing to eat in Indian cuisine. As per report, we are expecting twins.
Even After finishing my periods, I get some blood cramps after 6 or 7 days. It seems like I get periods Again in middle of menstrual Cycle but its not periods just a Little infrequent bleeding. Sometimes it happens Sometimes doesn't. Please tell me. What is it? Should I consult a doctor or is it Normal?
I'm 27 year old man and going to get marriage soon, my concern is while master bating my ejuculation happen very early, I never has sex with any women so I don't how it's going to affect my sex life on very first day, so can you please advice me to how to over come from this problem?
Hai doctor I'm pregnant 6 month passing now and I would like to eat raw rice shall I eat or not doctor because is there any problem to baby by eating raw rice please reply me.
Hi i am 25 yrs old yesterday night few bleeding in my left breast and pain also. I am very afraid please tell me it could be a cancer.Please suggest
Hello docter. I am from jagadhri. I am facing problem with my periods. My periods doesn't stop since 8 days. Usally it take 3 days. It is due to deficiency of iron. I had face this problem before also when I was 15. I am feeling weakness. Please suggest me how to stop periods and also suggest me iron pills.
Me and my partner didn't have sex over 1 n half mnth but her periods are not consistent, is there any problem?
There is. No problem in menses and also. No problem in sperm count We are trying for 2 years still then. Can not conceive baby. Where is. The problem.
I am 32 years female planning for a baby in the month of April 2016. What are precautions to be followed and taken during the mean time.
Are you experiencing excessive uterine bleeding? Excessive uterine bleeding may occur between a woman’s periods or before the periods, after having sex, or due to the development of spotting or bleeding after attaining menopause. Any menstrual cycle, which lasts longer than 21–35 days is called excessive, and this is an abnormal form of uterine bleeding.
Causes of Excessive Uterine Bleeding:
The various causes of excessive uterine bleeding are as follows:
One of the main causes is hormonal imbalance, as the balance between estrogen and progesterone gets disrupted. This balance is required for the regulation and development of the lining of endometrium or uterus lining. Because of the hormonal imbalance, the endometrium develops excessively causing heavy bleeding.
Uterine fibroids, which are non cancerous tumours, may lead to prolonged and excessive uterine bleeding.
Polyps are small benign developments on the uterus lining which cause heavy bleeding. They occur because of high levels of hormones.
Adenomyosis is a condition which develops when the endometrium glands get embedded in the uterine muscle, leading to excessive uterine bleeding.
Using intrauterine devices or IUDs may cause side effects as well.
Several pregnancy complications may also lead to excess bleeding. Ectopic pregnancy is a common cause.
Several uterine cancers, ovarian cancers and cervical conditions may be responsible as well. Inherited bleeding disorders such as von Willebrand’s disease is another likely cause.
Several medicines and drugs, including NSAIDs and anticoagulants are a common cause.
Medical conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, liver and kidney disease or thyroid problems can also cause excessive uterine bleeding.
There are different ways of treating excessive uterine bleeding, depending upon the cause of bleeding and the patient’s age.
Medications: Several medicines are used for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding. Hormonal medicines and birth control pills are used to improve the regularity of periods. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to manage excessive uterine bleeding. Several antibiotics are also used.
Surgery: In many cases, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of polyps and fibroids, which cause excessive bleeding. Certain fibroids are removed via hysteroscopy and other techniques for treatment are used as well. Endometrial ablation can be carried out to manage the bleeding. This treatment aims at permanent reduction of the excess bleeding. Hysterectomy has to be carried out when other treatments are unsuccessful. This is a serious surgery and after it, a woman will no longer have periods, and she will not be able to conceive a child.
In case of excessive uterine bleeding, you must consult a doctor as soon as possible. This will enable early treatment and prevent the development of further complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My friend had an unprotected sex. The sperm has not entered into vagina but only touched it. The women is getting delayed in periods? Suggest us what needs to be done.
My gf, nipple started paining from past 1 week but its not a sharp pain. Its only when she touches the nipple and the pain is very little otherwise no pain. She is of 18 years and she is telling me that she is completely ok and she also told me that she is feeling like her breast or nipples are growing in size that why they are paining? Is it normal pain. I mean I am very much worried and she is my everything. So please tell me is everything normal?
Sir I am suffered from varicocele and which cause the male infertility so what cn I do without surgery.
Sir kya periods me sex kiya ja sakta he kya .or agar kiya ja sakta he tho kya condom use karna compulsory he. Kya period me sex ke time pain jyada hota he.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.