Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Swapna KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir. I suffering from fever at every time. On every 5 or 6 days it occurs. Give me a suggestion how to relief that disease. And all time my nose is full of snots. All time I am taking medicine but this doesn't effect due to daily taken habit. So give me any suggestion please.
Hello am paul am facing severe problem of snoring which is really irritating to every onenand to me also it would be great if you could provide me the solution or medicine to my problem.
I use cpap machine for snoring but after 3 to 4 hrs I wake up daily any remedy for continuous sleep will you suggest.
Getting gargle sounds in my ear when I pinch my ear and also suffering heavy ear pain since 2 weeks .i have tinnitus since 2 years but it can't rid off I was used so many medicines.
I am 26 years old I have cold with cough in all seasons of year. There is no problem in breathing and cough pass through throat instead nose. I went to ayurvedic hospital for curing it, doctors said it is sinus and I have taken the treatment of sinus for 1 month but these medicines was not much effect this problem. Please suggest what should I do now?
I am an 20 year old girl an I was having cold from ten to twelve days and I dint went to doctor n it was cured by its own but after I cured from cold I started suffering from cough n its a severe cough. I am not able to eat or drink any think. I seems as if its pricking and I have tried honitus and strepsils but its not working. I wonder is it not tonsil or something but I never had tonsil or something. What should I do is it something serious.
I am feeling cough in throat for last 4.5 days and had taken some anti-biotics like azithromycin but still remained uneffected.
Why i have vertigo feelings all the time. Mostly. When i am going somewhere. What is the problem and main reason of this vertigo?
There is too much bleeding in my nose. It is happened at last three week, it will be bleed any time. I do not no that what I do. Give me some advice to stop it.
I am suffering from cough and cold from last 3 days and now my ear is also blocked, I can't hear properly What would I do for my ear?
Im suffering from nasal allergy frok the past 7 years. Every 2 days I get sneezing or blocking of the nose. Any permanent solution to it.
I have hearing problem in my ear. I always heard a little bit sound. Please tell me what should i do?
Why do regular gym technically I am an athlete. Why do I suffer snoring problem. I'm just 23. It happens like I'm 30-40 yr. Mature man. I even feel bad to sleep near someone also. please Help me to get rid of it.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants