Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapna Ch
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapna ChYour feedback matters!
As most of the economies over the world become industrialized, the quality of life increases, but with it comes a plethora of mental health problems. Especially in a country like India, the rapid industrialization and the expansion of opportunities has seen a rise in the number of people afflicted by mental health disorders. Some of the common mental health issues and their treatment methods are discussed here-
Common Mental Health Issues-
Depression – Depression is a very serious issue that affects a significant part of the population. It is not only a public health concern but also a fast spreading problem in the world. Although depression related to stress is on the rise, it could happen due to chemical imbalances within the brain as well.
Anxiety Disorder – While stress and anxiety tend to be a part of your daily life, over time, it could build up and end up being a disorder. Symptoms of frequent panics or anxiety could build up to become anxiety and panic disorders wherein you would be constantly under stress due to external situations such as social anxiety or have panic disorders.
Schizophrenia – This problem is caused within the brain due to neurochemical issues and causes paranoia, hallucinations, frightfulness and distorted thought patterns. This is a major psychiatric disorder and requires extensive treatment.
Eating Disorders – These disorders are marked by problems of eating which in turn affect your health adversely. These disorders are caused by mental issues and are primarily of three types; Binge eating disorder, anorexia (obsession over what one’s eats) and Bulimia (binge eating and then purging to avoid putting on weight).
Bipolar Disorder – A very common mental disorder, this mental problem entails uncontrollable mood swings from happy (at times, euphoric) to sad in a short span of time or alternating phases of feeling ecstatic and often exhibiting reckless behavior to being severely depressed. This is a serious issue and can even result in suicidal tendencies.
Substance Abuse and Addiction Problems – Another effect of stress is the increasing dependence on drugs and alcohol which in turn becomes a pattern and thus may cause problems in your life as you start using these substances to escape reality.
Common Mental Health Treatments-
Many people diagnosed with mental illness achieve strength and recovery through participating in individual or group treatment. There are many different treatment options available. There is no treatment that works for everyone – individuals can choose the treatment, or combination of treatments, that works best. Do consult a doctor before choosing one-
Psychotherapy – The treatment of mental problems provided by a mental health counselor through dedicated sessions over a period of time is one of the most effective ways of countering problems. Psychotherapy explores thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and seeks to improve an individual’s well-being. Psychotherapy paired with medication is the most effective way to promote recovery.
Medication – This is the most common form of therapy that aims to reduce the chemical imbalances within the brain, either through oral pills or through injections.
Support Groups – This is especially good as getting to talk to similar people and sharing experiences with them help in reducing the isolation, thus helping them vent out repressed emotions and connect with like -minded people.
Residential Treatments – Effective in cases of drug or other forms of addiction as well as problems which require conditioning, hospitals and other residential treatment facilities such as a rehab center are used extensively to treat these along with other problems.
- Treatment through stimulation of the brain – There are many newer treatments which are proving to be effective by stimulating the neurotransmitters that help correcting imbalances within the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I want to do anal sex with my wife. What precautions should I take while doing anal sex with her? And how to do for long time without paining her? Please help me its my dream to do anal sex with my wife plzzz help me doctor.
If I go for sexual intercourse with my partner, it takes jus half a minute or can say 3-4 pushes me to orgasm, how can I increase my sexual timing?
I am getting heat pimples on my vagina regularly. Am regularly taking butter milk. But it happens frequently. Using femmine wash to clean v. Am also using minoxidil5%. Pls help me.
The most prominent symptom of alopecia areata is patchy hair loss. Coin-sized patches of hair begin to fall out, mainly from the scalp. Any site of hair growth may be affected, though, including the beard and eyelashes.
The loss of hair can be sudden, developing in just a few days or over a period of a few weeks. There may be itching or burning in the area prior to hair loss. The hair follicles are not destroyed and so hair can re-grow if the inflammation of the follicles subsides. People who experience just a few patches of hair loss often have a spontaneous, full recovery without any form of treatment.
About 30 percent of individuals who develop alopecia areata find that their condition either becomes more extensive or becomes a continuous cycle of hair loss and regrowth.
About half of patients recover from alopecia areata within 1 year, but many will experience more than one episode. Around 10 percent of people will go on to develop alopecia totalis or alopecia universalis.
Alopecia areata can also affect the fingernails and toenails, and sometimes these changes are the first sign that the condition is developing. There are a number of small changes that can occur to nails:
- Pinpoint dents appear
- White spots and lines appear
- Nails become rough
- Nails lose their shine
- Nails become thin and split
Additional clinical signs include:
- Exclamation mark hairs - where a few short hairs that get narrower at their bottom and grow in or around the edges of bald spots
- Cadaver hairs - hairs broken before reaching the skin surface
- Regrowth of white hair in areas affected by hair loss.
Race among the various healthy edible oils is still on and it will keep going as oils have their unique properties and flavors, which are beneficial for the proper functioning of our body. The fat intake, obtained from cooking oils should consist of balanced fat, as it would provide important nutrients to sustain a fit and healthy life.
Rice bran and Soybean oil are edible vegetable oils commonly used in Asian countries. All oils have their unique flavors and properties which give them their own pros and cons.
Health benefits of rice bran oil
- Contains Tocotrienols which are members of the vitamin E family with natural antioxidant properties that can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer.
- Rice bran oil is unique in containing Oryzanol, a powerful antioxidant. Studies have shown that it can reduce plasma cholesterol and cholesterol absorption. This can lead to decrease in early atherosclerosis, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and increase in faecal bile acid excretion. Oryzanol also has been used to treat nerve imbalance and disorders of menopause.
- Rice bran oil contains high levels of antioxidants. This helps in boosting metabolic rate, which in turn aids weight loss.
- Rice bran oil is also considered extremely good for the skin. It contains Squalene that can be easily by the skin, which keeps it supple, soft, and smooth.
Health benefits of soya bean oil
- It is a modest source of antioxidant vitamin E which protects cell membrane, skin, and mucosa from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Soya bean oil contains phytosterols, which is a class of naturally-occurring compounds found in plants that are similar to cholesterol. Due to this structural similarity, phytosterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut and can reduce blood cholesterol levels by 10% -15%.
- Soya bean oil also contains vitamin K, which helps in bone formation and can prevent nerve damage in the brain that makes it useful in Alzheimer’s disease.
When comparing the two, rice bran oil is considered one of the best in terms of quality and various other factors. However, soya bean oil is no less and is highly preferred due to the affordability and availability. Both rice bran oil and soya bean oil have a high smoke point and are considered good for high heat cooking. Both oils also contain vitamin E and are rich in antioxidants. Rice bran oil is, however, regarded as a better option for females during their menopause period, as the chemical content present in it lessens the pain. However, soya bean oil contains no cholesterol, making it an excellent choice for patients suffering from heart diseases or high cholesterol levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!