Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SwamyYour feedback matters!
Hai I am 21 years old, I was in gym with 3 years. Now I have a severe back pain for last one and half year. I can't able to stand in one place for more than half an hour also. So, please suggest me some good medicine to cure this. Such kind of pain should not be in future. Also suggest me which type of scan to take for this?
Having backache from many years. What will be the exact cause? Sleeping posture or due to carrying of weight?
I m a 35 years female facing whole body pain specially shoulders arms and lower legs. It has maxx intensity at morning and evening. Uric acid and RA negative CRP.
My son who is 24 year old and was diagnosised with ewing' s sarcoma of feumar bone and tumor grade iii as per biopsy report and under treatment since may 2014 and 14cycles of chemo. Completed with 25 cycles of radiation and opertaed and tumor removed, implant inserted, and pet scan clear, does he require 3 more chemo. As his oncodoc. Suggesting 3 more cycle of chemo. Hemo. Please advise.
I was first addicted to spasmoproxyvon and now addicted to spasmoproxyvon plus from last 14 years, now I want to stop taking but whenever I stop taking this in the night I feel severe leg pain and head and back pain, I am also suffering from fits, please help me, I am 35 years old.
I am suffering from bit. D deficiency from last two years and have back pain and sexually weak. What can we do.
Sir i have safariing form (As) HLA B-27 my age is 20 what can i do Plz. Sir advice me ,i have pain in right leg (in hip joint ) advice me , presently i am taking homeopathic treatment .
Dear Sir/Madam, please guide When I do heavy workout, fast running or after playing hours of tennis my tibia and calf started to so much pain. I feel such a tibia is broken. I feel so much muscle pain. I use ice and hot water for calm down it. But much pain remains. There is no injury at all. You are requested to suggest way to be strong tibia and calf for my better performance in tennis game.
My body joints are so week cause I wa suffering from malaria and some time having pain in my veins in leg that's why I have to walk slow at the same time so what I should do.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of disc in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing: