Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. SuswasaYour feedback matters!
Sir hello My aunt is having a cholesterol of 207. Could you please give any advice how to reduce it. Her age is 41.
My relative 75 years old Type II diabetic ,bp normal under medications (Allopathy) my question is the person has to be without medicine both BP and diabetic for some days say 20 days. Is it advisable to remain without medication for 20 days (The circumstances compulsion) advise us on this ,any other alternative precaution can be taken? Until we use the medicines-no other generic also possible. If it is dangerous what is the alternative.
I am type 2 diabetic from last 5 years, I am vegetarian using Duphil 2/500 tab. Daily my sugar levels remain near 200 (+ - 15) after all precautions, tell me how to maintain normal levels. I regularly suffer from pain and cramps in my legs, and unstable Bp.
Good morning all. I am 28 year old. And since last 6 months I have my blood pressure 130/90. My mind is always thinking something and some time I feel pain in my left hand. What remedies I should take and do I have to take BP tablets daily or can I cope up with exercise and what food to be taken and which food is to be avoided. Thanks a lot.
What are the symptoms of heart attack? My cousin is suffering pain in left side of chest since last 4 months. How we can check, Whether its hearth related problem or else? Please let me know.
My Cholesterol is 163 mg/DL but my triglyceride is 210 mg/dl. What should I do to Make my triglyceride levels became lower?
My wife is suffering from high Uric Acid Lab Test report is 6.4 mg, Suggest me for her suitable diet, How to decrease the high Level Uric Acid, Also give some home tips. Which vegetables are rich in Vegetable Protein.
I have heart rate problem and also take blood pressure capsules Telma40 What should I take diet to control heart rate problem nd also suffering from uric acid.
One month back my father having chest pain and fever. Blood samples analysed and Echo carried out. In that heavy pericardial effusion seen. For next 3 days water evacuated from chest and around 1000 ml water evacuate. Its sample analysed and ADA 63 reported in forms of tuberculosis and no malignant cells seen. CT scan also carried out. And tuberculosis treatment started. In start, His blood sugar increased to 450 and now its normal to 150-200. At present he is taking R Cinex and Benadon tablets. I want to know if this treatment is OK or should I walk to other doctors. I can share all reports if you need. Is there any chances of any other disease apart from tuberculosis. At present his right hand paining very much and its almost one month but he is still feeling weak.
Hi, I am just 27 year old, some time suffering from high bp, Please specify reason for high BP & how to I maintain, Please suggest.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Does olive oil prevent heart disease? Short answer: Yes The health benefits of olive oil come from the presence of polyphenol, antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancers. But to get these healthy compounds, consumers should buy good-quality, fresh" extra-virgin" olive oil, which has the highest polyphenol content. Most commercially available olive oils have low levels of polyphenol associated with poor harvesting methods, improper storage, and heavy processing.
My wife age is 33 years and weight is 42 kg. She have a low blood pressure problem one week before her periods. She feel weakness.
My heart beat so fast when I approach a lady like all my organs rise. What did you think can cause that?
Hello my age is 25, and I have high blood pressure amd I am taking medicine "amlip 5" since 1.5 year and it is our family heredity. What is d reason behind my high bp and can it be a completely cure? My sugar, cholesterol, thyroid all in normal level.
Hi my age 22, I am struggling with light heart pain some times, after some time pain gone what should I do?
Why should people with diabetes be extra careful of their Heart Health? What’s the connection? Diabetes is considered as one of the major controllable risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
A Study conducted shows that around 65% of diabetic patients die from heart disease or stroke. The connection between diabetes and heart disease starts with high blood sugar levels. With continued high blood sugar levels i.e. high glucose in the bloodstream, the arteries gets damaged and become hard and stiff. Fatty material that builds up on the inside of these blood vessels can eventually block blood flow to the heart or brain, leading to a possible heart attack or stroke.
People with the below listed condition and lifestyle are at increased risk for developing cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- High blood pressure(hypertension)
- Abnormal cholesterol
- Lack of physical activity
- Poorly controlled blood sugars(too high) or out of normal range
- Regular Smoking
What is a Diabetes?
It's is a disorder in which your body doesn’t produce insulin in the required quantity because of too much sugar in the blood or high blood glucose.
Frequent urination, Intense thirst and hunger, Weight gain, unusual weight loss, fatigue, cuts and bruises that do not heal, male sexual dysfunction, vaginal Infection in females, numbness, tingling in hands and feet.
Connection with Heart related diseases i.e. What can diabetes do to the person's healthy heart?
- A diabetic who has had a previous heart attack has a much greater risk of having another.
- Diabetics develop cardiovascular disease at a much earlier age than others.
- Diabetics who have suffered a heart attack are more apt to die as a result.
Prevention: More of a lifestyle change followed by medication under supervision of a doctor and a nutritionist is possible. The best way to prevent the development of cardiovascular disease is to prevent diabetes itself. General nutrition recommendations:
- Control your portion size
- Limit your consumption of saturated and transfats and cholesterol
- Setting reasonable goals for your total amount of carbohydrates.
There is no certain way to avoid heart disease and circulation problems, but there are lot of things to do to cut your risk.
- You smoke? Put a full stop.
- Do weight management and lose some extra pounds.
- Check your sugar levels regularly and keep your blood pressure in the proper range.
- Get regular physical activity
- Keep your blood fats and cholesterol levels in a healthy range.
- Keep your blood glucose under control live a healthy life with a healthy heart. Stay Healthy! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.