Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
I am Dr. Chetna. Today we are doing to talk about the benefits of Minimal Access Surgery. So Minimal Access Surgery is more commonly known as Keyhole Surgery or a Laparoscopic Surgery. Now this is a revolution in the medical science which is now we are practicing for the last fifteen twenty years and it has given excellent result. A lot of people still in theato cities or otherwise metro cities also still have fear about laparoscopic surgeries. When they come to OBT, they start talking that you know the surgery remains and complications and stuff. Now here I would like to bust this myth and explain to you that why a Minimal Access Surgery is far superior to an open conventional surgery. Now a Minimal Access Surgery or a Laparoscopic Surgery is done through making punctures in abdomen void. Now this can be used for a various Diseases like to remove the uterus, to remove the ovarian cyst, to correct the polycystic, to remove endometriosis, to correct ectopic pregnancy and other further related surgeries. So we can remove large fibroids ad large as seven months pregnancy sized to large ovarian cysts. Yes, there are certain pre-requisites which we need to see before we decide whether this patient is fit for Laparoscopic Surgery or not. Majority of the women who are otherwise fit that means they have a normal exercise and urines and stuff are able to withstand Minimal Access Surgeries. So I was coming to advantages. Advantages no. 1, there are no major cuts on the tummy so there are some punctures. They may vary in numbers between two to four or sometimes even five and the size of these punctures would be largest to be about ten or twelve centimeters so you can believe these are very small punctures. The second advantage is that the surgeon is operating under the magnification of 6X or more. So that gives a lot of access to the pelvis so we can see it very properly. If required we can rotate the camera and go in the upper abdomen and see that as well. So there is a lot of benefits when it comes to the visual appearance of the organs and the operation skill. Then the instrument that we use in the Laparoscopy are very fine. To explain, my scissor blade is no longer than the nib of the pen that we use, not the ink pen we are talking, the regular gel pen. So that is the size of the blade that we use so that gives a very fine precision. Then the blood loss is quite less since the abdomen is not open to the air outside so the recovery is quite fast. That means the less number of hospital stay, less chances of blood transfusion or almost no chances of blood transfusion. You can go home fast. You can…. I have had patients who did the surgery, second day we went to work, fifth day you see them coming from the office to remove their stitches. So this is brilliance you can’t expect.so very next day the patient sits and starts eating and starts eating and talking, everything feels normal. So this is a blessing, it is a boon and since majority of the surgeries can be done by Laparoscopy. I would say before going in for an open surgery. They should be considered for laparoscopy. Yes, there are certain candidates are not fit for laparoscopy and these can have an open surgery but majority of who had fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, polycystic ovaries, pelvic infections, ovarian mass, some of the cancer patients also, uterus removal for heavy bleeding. So all these things can be done through a laparoscopy. So I believe this is a blessing by the modern science and we should all avail of this benefit.
So if any questions we can always meet me up at Medicals Medi-clinic Sector-14 and also part of Apollo cradle hospital. So you are welcome.
My wife is of 25 years and I am of 26 we have married before 2 years back but from past 7 months after normal delivery of baby she lost interest in sex totally please help and suggest some medicines for her we dont have any past medical history?
Hello sir or madam I want to ask uh related sex. One of my friend she did sex with his b. F now he left her. ND she is going to engaged with anther person is he come to know about his virginity? She is crying a lot tell me any solution pls which can hide her lost virginity. Wt she will do now? She just want to die she feels it's her big mistake how can I understand her tell me any solution?
Hello meri marriage ko 4 saal complete ho gye hai I have no baby but this time mujhe period nhi aaya meri date thi 08.05.2017. Or abhi tak mences nhi hua maine urine test kiya but vo negative aaya hai par meri period date fixed he rehti hai 2-4 se zyada late nhi hota urine test to negative hai par mujhe bahut fever aa rha hai puri body tut si rhi hai samajh nhi aa rha hai kaisi feeling ho rhi itni weekness kindly suggest me doctor what I do for this condition.
If the second last pill of the previous pack was missed and doubled up along the last and then a pill free interval of 6 days protect me from unwanted pregnancy in the next month? Next month pill was startedafter taking a break of 6 days after missing the second last pill. And had intercourse the day after starting new pack. Though condom was used which had no holes or did not break. But it has been used thrice in an intercourse. But the not a pill has been missed this month. Am I protected?
I am 29 year old having sex regularly with my girlfriend and we don't use condom. 5 month back when I used to ejaculate, my penis throw or you can say the sprays a good amount of sperms on her face from her vaginal side but now when I ejaculate I simply discharge below her belly but the quantity of sperms is same. My girlfriend also do not enjoy this and always ask me to squirt like before. Is there any problem with my penis?
Today is 4th day of my wife's missed period. She has taken home pregnancy test using kit but it is negative. What should she do now.
What is labour pain? When it comes during pregnancy? How it can be known? What precautions to be followed?
The theory behind the anti-calorie diet is that they contain a negligible amount of calories. The body spends more calories in digesting them than their combined calorie value of the diet. Whether or not it is a true statement, it is pretty evident that the following food items have scant calorie value and will not even put a dent in your daily diet:
- Celery: A hundred grams serving of celery contains 16 calories. The water content of this food is close to 90 percent. The stringy covering only holds the water content inside. As such the body spends much more energy in digesting this food. Celery, therefore, is a perfect definition of anti-calorie food.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is a great vegetable that helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases and cancer. The count of calorie is extremely less in cabbage. The body can digest it without any additional effort. It’s filling nature addresses hunger while making sure that the body digests it easily. It is estimated that 100 grams of cabbage contain only 20 calories.
- Cucumber: Cucumber has close to 95 percent of water content. Being light weight and less filling, this food can be consumed until one is full. This is perhaps the reason why cucumber finds a place in almost every salad along with other low-calorie fruits and vegetables. 100 grams of cucumber contains mere 16 calories, making it the ideal anti-calorie food.
- Mushroom: Mushrooms are a great replacement for high-calorie foods. A mere 22 calories in a 100-gram serving makes them an ideal item to be a part of the anti-calorie diet. The fungi presents in mushrooms are not only good for health, but is extremely light weight. It can be consumed along with other food items as a side dish or in the form of soup.
- Watermelon: Despite its sweet nature, watermelon has a surprisingly low-calorie count. Apart from being extremely light weight, watermelon can be easily digested and has antioxidant properties. A 100 gram serving of watermelon has only 30 calories. This, however, should not be taken daily, if you are very health conscious.
- Tomatoes: The red tomatoes are one of the healthiest foods that are easily available. It can prevent serious diseases such as cancer and heart blockages. A calorie count of 17 makes it a great fruit to be included in the anti-calorie diet.
- Lemons: Although lemon has a calorie count of 30, it can be included in the anti-calorie diet to ensure a different flavor in your diet. It can be consumed in the form of juice to finish your meal or start a day. Its vitamin C content is extremely beneficial for the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.