Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
I am married since 1 year and having sex daily except in periods. But from last 2 months we don't had sex because we are I two different place. I want to know will it pain when we have sex and how to develop my hubby's timing on bed, he use to masturbate alternate days because we are not able to do sex.
I am 32-years weight is 64 kgs height is 5 ft 2" I am trying to conceive and so wants to focus on my diet and overall requirement of all necessary things such as calcium, folic acid, protein,carbohydrates etc. Please suggest a proper diet chart to fulfill all. I am vegetarian.
The shoulder is a vulnerable joint in the upper body. Your shoulder joint becomes vulnerable to imbalances in the muscles as it is strongly supported by them. Bad posture, especially hunched posture, leads to tensions in muscles. This leads to chronic shoulder problems.
Here are six stretches you can do to improve mobility in your shoulder:
- Thoracic spine roll-out with shoulder flexion: Put a foam roller underneath your shoulder blades after lying down on the floor. The foam roller should be perpendicular to your spine. Place a barbell above your head. Keeping your elbows straight, lower your hips to the floor.
- Modified downward dog: Bend your knees and put your hips in the air. Place your hands on the floor. Bracing your abdomen, push your hips up. Push up like you are trying to lengthen your spine. As you do this, keep pushing your chest gently to your toes.
- Loosen the pectorals (muscles of the chest) and latissimus dorsi (widest muscle arising from the lower back): Tight muscles can often lead to shoulder immobility. To loosen pecs, put a softball between the wall and your chest. Putting pressure on the ball, roll it to your pectorals. For the latissimus dorsi, lie down sideways on the floor and put a foam roller between your body and the floor. Follow the same movements as you would do loosen the pecs.
- Sphinx pose: Lie face down on the floor and prop your body on your elbows. Push your chest off the ground, pressing your shoulder blades together. Stretching your head upwards, lift up one hand. Hold this position for a minute and then change hands.
- Child’s pose: Kneel down on the ground and sit back on your heels. Then push your torso to the ground and keep your hands stretched in front of you. You should feel a stretch in your shoulders in this position. Hold the position for 15 to 20 seconds.
- External rotation of the shoulder: Lie down on your side, holding a lightweight dumbbell on your free side. Place a foam roller there for support. Then bend your elbow at a right angle and lift the weight, keeping your upper arm stable. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello I am 36 weeks pregnant I had notice my tummy dropped down. I am not worried but sometimes I feel my cervix has open but my water is not break. What should I do what is natural labour symptoms that I know that its time. Is normal delivery very painful tell me home remedies which help me in delivery time.
I had complete my periods cycle on dis month of 17 and had sex on 19th of dis month but it had not safe thats why I took Ipill tablet and after that from yesterday I am having lightly blooding. I have question why it is happening like that? Bcz like dis it never happened to me.
Mine monthly period usually lasts for 4 days but this month it was only 3 days and quantity of bleeding also decreased, I have got my period 1 week delay also can anyone say me why it happened like that?
Sedentary lifestyle has made lives comfortable but simultaneously it is a silent killer. It has increased the risk of many deadly diseases and one of them is diabetes. Diabetes has taken lives of people more than aids.
There are 3 types of diabetes:-
1. Type 1 diabetes- When uncontrolled blood sugar level is diagnosed under 25 years of age then it is said to be type 1 diabetes. It is often seen in childhood age.
Sugar that we consume is used for energy production in our body and this happens with the help of insulin hormone produced by pancrease. In this type of daibetes, pancrease fails to produce insulin and sugar in blood is not used for fuel production, as a result sugar level in the blood is on higher level.
2. Type 2 diabetes- This type of diabets occur above 25 years of age. In this type, insulin secretion is there in the body but cell doesn't use it to produce energy.
This is called insulin resistance. As a result blood sugar level increase beyond normal.
3. Gestational diabetes- During pregnancy due to additional demand of baby, body becomes resistant to insulin and blood sugar level increases.
Pancrease increases secretion of insulin to control blood sugar level but when it is unable to meet the demand, sugar level increases and it leads to gestational diabetes.
There are more chances of gestational diabetes if:-
1. You are obese before pregnanacy.
2. There is family history of diabetes.
3. Blood sugar level is on higher side before pregnanacy period but not as high as in diabetes.
Ayurveda that is our tradional health system has termed diabetes as'prameha'.
Types of prameha
Depending upon different types of aggravating factors, there are different types of prameha, like if kapha aggravating factors are more then it will lead to kaphaj prameha, similarly pittaj and vataj aggravating factors leads to their respective type of pramehas.
1. Vataj prameha-vasa meha, majja meha, hasti meha and madhu meha.
2. Pittaj-kshara meha, kala meha, neela meha, rakta meha, manjishtha meha and haridra meha.
3. Kaphaj meha-udaka meha, ikshu meha, sandra meha, sura meha, pista meha,
Shukra meha, sikatra meha, sheera meha, shanai meha and lala meha.
Pathogenesis according to ayurveda.
As per ayurveda, prameha is a'kleda pradhana vyadhi. Kleda is one of the dooshya where water (jala mahabhoot)
Is predominant. Both kapha and pitta regulate kleda.
Indulgence in the nidana leads to vatiation of kapha and pitta and as a result kleda is imbalanced. These imbalanced doshas move towards medo dhatu and further leads to imbalance of kleda.
How our body manages kleda?
मूत्रस्य क्लेदवाहनम्, स्वेदस्य क्लेद विधृतिः ।
When the moisture of body increases, it eliminates it through urine and sweat. But in diabetic patients due to sedentary life style there is not secretion of sweat and all kleda moves towards urinary system and increases production of urine, gradually leading to prameha.
At this stage there will be poorva roopa (initial symptoms) like accumulation of impurities on the teeth, burning sensation in palm and feet.
If not treated on time then there will be a condition called'bahu abaddha medas'
That is accumulation of fatty tissues that has lost its firmness. Gradually excess kleda moves into deep tissues and affects all body tissues except asthi dhatu and cause'dhatu shaithilyata.
As per my experience diabetes was a disease that occur at the age of 50 or above and moslty to obese people leading sedentary life style. But since last few years it is being seen in our youth moslty at 28 or 29 years of age. Moreover it has no link with obesity as it has stepped in farmers even who are born hard workers.
All this is due to stress factor. In this modern world person is under stress, whether young or adult. Stress is more observed in teenagers when they have to decide what to do after high school, where to get in good college etc.
In adults workplace has been found as one of the main cause of stress when the job demands are more and their control over meeting the demands is less.
More working hours and less authorities, not able to give time to the family etc.
Symptoms due to diabetes:
How stress affects our blood sugar level?
Under stress our blood sugar level tends to rise as body releases some hormones such as adrenalin and cortison. These hormones tend to raise blood sugar level so that it is processed into energy to prepare body to fight. This is calles fight and flight reaction. In diabetics, due to insulin deficiency or insulin resistance blood sugar level gets high and produce symptoms such as ataxia, giddiness, difficulty in breathing etc.
Now every second memeber of the family is suffering from diabetes. Especially you will see it in younger members. In my pracrtice of pure ayurveda I have observed diabetes either in youth of age 28 or 29 years or children of age 4.
Maximum detrioration of body tissues occur in this type disease thats why it affects vital organs of the body deeply and slowly drag you towards death.
Today sweetness in the relations have decreased which ultimately left you alone and as a result your body increases sweetness inside it (diabetes) in response to that loneliness (stress. This article is to create awareness among people for diabetes as it is like a slow poison that is killing you slowly without your acknowledgement because usually it attacks you without causing any symptoms and you get alert when it has already affected your vital organs.
So get your blood sugar levels checked regularly especially if you have family history of diabetes and if you are obese.Type diabetes