Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
I am 50 year old and suffering from heavy bleeding during my cycle which comes with the interval of 1 and half month. It takes approx 20 -25 days and all the day the bleeding is like the first day. I did sonography after consulting the lady doctor. From last three-four cycle I take trenaxa 500 to stop the bleeding .please sugest am I wait for natural process to stop or. And which are the safe daysfor relationship or now all the days are safe in this age. Please reply.
Hello doc. I am 20 years old. I got my first Period when I was 12 years old. Since then my periods are always regular having interval of 28-34 days, but from last two months I am not getting my periods properly. Last month I got my period in 47 days interval on date 4 October. Till now I have not got my period. I am also engaged in intimate activities from last 2 years with my boyfriend. Also I am having fat deposits in my tummy, thighs and arms. What should I do to keep my periods regular? Pls help me.
We are newly married couple, after long time of sex, her body will be paining a lot, so is there any tablet?
One of the things that Shannen Doherty and Rita Wilson, the wife of Tom Hanks, have in common, apart from their fame is that both were affected by breast cancer. No matter how normal a person may seem, breast cancer can strike anyone. In fact, it usually strikes one in eight women. So, it makes good sense to know what it can appear as!
Breast cancer makes up a rather big amount of the general cancer cases as 15% of the cancer cases which are reported on a yearly basis are usually breast cancer cases. That being said, there are quite a few things which can be done in order to reduce a person’s risk to breast cancer.
Prevention is Prudent-
Get Fit: The first thing which should be done is that a reasonable level of fitness should be maintained. Many studies have found that if a person is significantly heavier than her recommended weight, she is at a far great risk to develop all sorts of cancer and breast cancer, in particular, than a person who is able to keep her weight in check. The difference in cancer risk rates is about 40%. This is because a greater amount of fat leads to more estrogen being produced, which increases the risk of breast cancer.
Quit Smoking: While most people associate smoking as something which increases the risk of cancer to the lungs and are not aware that it increases the risk of breast cancer, too. So, the best solution is to kick the habit!
Get Off the Pill: Once a woman crosses past her mid-thirties, she should try to avoid relying on birth control pills to reduce the risk of pregnancy. This is because these pills have an effect which increases the risk of breast cancer, which heightens as a woman gets older. As long as the woman cuts out the use of the pill, the risk quickly gets cut, as well.
Get Regular Check Ups: While screening for breast cancer by making use of mammograms does not cut the risk of it, the screening helps detect breast cancer early if it does exist. As a result, a woman has a much better chance of fighting breast cancer. So, a woman who is past the age of forty should try to have a mammogram on an annual basis with the frequency of the same increasing as she gets older. However, it is to be kept in mind that going for a mammogram too often is also not a good idea as the tests themselves pose risks of DNA changes.
Women all around the world are susceptible to breast cancer. While there isn’t a 100% chance of avoiding it, taking care of yourself and leading a fit and active lifestyle can significantly cut down your risk of contracting this condition. Remember, your health is in your hands, so the earlier you start, the better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I'm 27 year women my last period was on 8 May. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20, then on 26th, 28, 30 may and on 3rd june. I not even had any kind of contraceptive pills. Even though I got my periods on 4th june. Kindly tell me why is it so. I guess it was a correct time when we had sex. But still got my periods. Is there still any chance of pregnancy in this time. Please inform. Thank you.
I am not getting periods. Its been 10 days up. My periods date was 28th may. Now days I am living a stressfull days due to periods n my exam. I have done pregnancy test also which is negative although I didn't done sex but for safe side I done it .i m taking rajprahvartini n m2tone from 1 week. What should I do.
While having coitus with my fiance. I am having excessive pain in pelvic area. I met with him aftr 4 months.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Yes we all desire for that perfect physical gratification that we get from being with our partners and we all look forward to a supercharged physical intimacy. However, what can go wrong with it? Most people will experience some sort of sexual difficulty at some point in their lifetime. Luckily, various healthcare professionals, including sex therapists and counselors, are trained to help people with these issues. Although individual cases vary in their specifics, a few sexual concerns are quite common.
Top Sexual Concerns among Women:
The top two sexual concerns for women are low desire or complete lack of sexual desire. Up to 40 percent of women report that they have little or no desire to have sex.
- Low Desire or Lack of Sexual Desire: Low desire or lack of desire is an increasing trend among women (and some men). Lack of desire is often accompanied by discussions about lack of time or energy for sex.
- Body Image Issues: Not liking what you see in the mirror can make the thought of being naked in front of someone else unpleasant.
- Aging and Hormonal Changes: Changes associated with menopause may conspire to reduce a woman's interest in sex. Hot flashes, night sweats and weight gain can be some of the causes.
- Relationship Conflicts: Conflict with one's partner over everyday issues, from money concerns to childbearing, can reduce feelings of desire.
- Unskilled Sexual Partners: People who are experiencing unsatisfactory sex often lose desire. The more bad sex you have, the less you want (conversely, the more good sex you have, the more you want).
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions may affect sexual desire. One of the symptoms of depression, for example, is a lack of interest in sex.
What You Can Do?
First, you should work with your physician to rule out any physical reasons for low desire. Next, it is important to understand how your body responds to touch. Make time for self-pleasuring (masturbation) and explore your capacity to experience pleasure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi Dr. I am pregnant completed 12 weeks but my weight is not increasing. It was 70 1 and half month before n still it is same is there will be any problem or how it will increase n what is ratio of increasing weight? Please help I am worried.a
I am putting this question for my sister she is suffering from white Discharge during 15-20 days, nd she is feeling so tired, what is reason for that nd what will its Solution.
I am married and we are trying for a baby. My wife's last period was on November 2nd. Can you please suggest that on what all days should we have intercourse to get a successful pregnancy?
I had a love marriage. My husband has a dark complexion, while I am of wheatish golden color. My mother-in-law, like every other typical Indian family, was preoccupied with the color of my skin and desired a light-skinned grandchild. She was convinced that my child would have a dark complexion, due to my wheatish skin color. A country like ours places a huge importance on fair skin and because of this I was determined to protect my child from the distress of being put through ‘fairness tests’ throughout his/her life.
The ‘Natural Brite Kit’ was the perfect solution and it saved me. It only required me to follow specific diet patterns and the intake of certain oral supplements in the sixth month of my pregnancy. And luckily, some months later, a daughter with fair, light skin was born to me. My mother-in law was very happy, all thanks to the ‘Natural Brite Kit’.
This case is only one of the many victories of ‘Natural Brite Kit’, from the large number of people who have used it successfully. This treatment includes the use of herbal treatment and bach flower in its remedies, and comes under Ayurvedic treatment. Not only is it an agent for cleansing, but it also conducts a purification of the body.
This treatment must be administered over a period of one month before the sixth month of pregnancy. The result is that your baby develops fair and smooth skin. The ideology of Ayurveda is that the body can be healed by maintaining a balance of the natural forces within it. And thus, this herbal medication includes healing powers. Ayurveda is an ancient science that boasts of vast aptitude and knowledge in preventive remedies as well as effective therapy.
Though we do not wish to portray dark skin as any being less than fair skin, in this country, fair skin is viewed as an asset. The fact that relatives ask if the infant is fair skinned or not is just one example that proves this point. This medication assures the child better opportunities and an improved present as well as future.
Is this form of treatment safe?
An all encompassing trial was taken of 1200 pregnant women, who were administered with both, a naturopathic diet as well as Bach flower. With a 97% success rate, a study of over five years resulted in 1169 of 1200 women giving birth to fair skinned babies.
What are the contents of the ‘Natural Brite Kit’?
A booklet of literature on this topic
The booklet is an extensive source of data about the principles and mechanisms of action of the “Ayurveda and Bach flower therapy”, the panel of doctors as well as the details of prescriptions for oral supplements.
The herbal medications in the package include:
Apple Grow Pills
What is the process of treatment?
The aim of the treatment is the gestation period for pregnant women in the 6th month. The procedure of this form of treatment includes a rigidly controlled diet. Dressing in dark colored clothing is prohibited during this period and overexposure to the sun should be avoided at all costs; these rules should be observed strictly. Along with this, certain supplementary intakes are a must. The details of how to use them are mentioned in the booklet and the supplements have been divided into three different parts.
What would be the expected Results?
A healthy baby with light colored skin.
I am 24. From last 3 months, my periods are lasting for 3 days. I used to have 5 day normal bleeding but past 3 months, the bleeding is heavy on first 2 days and 3rd days ita very scanty-only that when I wipe with a tissue, I see something. Is it of concern that all of a sudden the length of periods have reduced?
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.