Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Surya RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
I have mensuration problem. I don't get regular menses. I am already taking medicine. Please suggest me something.
Pregnant. 3rd trimester just began. Too much pain on left waistline n thighs. Taking calcium n now calcium injection also intramuscular too. But no relief. Please suggest. Thanks.
I am 23 year old. and got sex on 12 march. I took I pill at that night. It is 23 march today and yet I do not have period. What should I do? Am I pregnant? please suggest doctor.
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
My ovaries are quite well and tubes are open. But still follicles not growing even with injections. What to do?
Hi, My wife is pregnant for 1 month. She is getting stomach and vomit. Please give me idea how we can reduce it. We are consulting with a doctor but no relief so far. Please suggest.
I am 30 years old. Married from 3-1/2 years. I am planning for baby from 8-9 months. But no success. My period was not regular 1 year back so I took medicines now from May I have regular periods but enable to conceive. please suggest.
Hi Dr, I am quite tense about my partner we had sex few days before and she took medicine (unwanted 72) after 2 hours of sex but she dint yet got periods started her date was 7th of feb we are afraid that is she is pregnant what should we do because we are not prepared to have a baby.
I have frequent white discharge since 1 month and pain during intercourse. Please suggest me the medication.
When I am with my husband on bed I dint feel to do, I hate to do all this, never comes feeling, sleeping like a plastic body. Please suggest something. Thnx.
During my periods on first day I have lot of stomach pain. What could be done to overcome it naturally?
I am 25 years old n I've been recently married about 4 months ago. I've got severe sinus sometimes my nose starts bleeding does it affect me to not to conceive as many of my relatives keep saying me that sinus patients can't conceive n all such. Could you advice me what medication should b taken to reduce that or is it possible that sinus people can't conceive? TIA.
Dr. Past 2 weeks bleeding is here! Maximum 3 or 5 days bleed it. But i'm getting bleeding more then 8 days . Please tell.
I'm 50 years old female. For last one year I'm feeling like my left breast increasing in size. And light pain in muscles.
Dr. I am just 19, and I am 3 weeks pregnant, please suggest some medicine which I would easily get in medical stores without prescription formalities. Plzz help me.
I am 31 year, height 5 ft 2 inch, weight 62 kg, I am planning for pregnancy, I have diabetic and taking medicine and thyroid is in border line so doctor suggested medicine for thyroid also. My fat are only accumulated in belly and no where else. Please suggest what all food should I eat and what not?
DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).
* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.
* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.
* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!
* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.
* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.