Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surya Ramakrishna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surya RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
Doctor my girlfrnd eat green raw papaya 6-7 times. Is it normal. She able to fertilized egg in future? urgent help please
What is ovulation. Is ovulation important in conceiving baby boy. My wife's periods starts from 15 of every month. What would be ovulation in this.
Exams, work, parties, stress, worries – there numerous reasons because of which we do not sleep well and begin the next day sleep deprived. At times, this extends to multiple times in a week and before we realize, it poses bigger health health hazards than you can imagine.
10 health hazards sleep deprivation can lead to-
1) Induces Accidents - If you haven’t slept well the night before, you are bound to be drowsy. It is extremely unsafe to drive when sleepy, as this puts you at a high risk of meeting with an accident. Not just while driving, there are known to be more accidents inside the office, when one is sleep deprived.
2) Makes You Dumb - When sleep deprived, our senses are not alert. And when our senses are not alert, our brain slackens. Lack of sleep impairs attention, reasoning, concentration, and reasoning. It takes us time to grasp situations and facts, we tend to be dumb.
3) Poses Serious Health Threats - Sleep disorders are known to cause heart attack, heart disease, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, stroke, diabetes, insomnia and high blood pressure.
4) Dip in Sex Drive - Sleep deprivation depletes one’s energy and increases tension in the mind. This leads to lack of concentration and a massive dip in one’s sex drive. Both men and women are known to express lowered interest in sex when they are sleep deprived.
5) Ages Your Skin - We all know that one sleepless night gives us puffy eyes and sallow skin. However, chronic sleep disorder also results in fine lines, dark circles under the eyes and lackluster skin. Human growth hormones are released while we sleep. So the lesser one sleep, the lesser is the hormone released. And thus affects our skin.
6) Leads To Depression - Depression feeds on insomnia and vice versa. While good sleep at regular intervals is known to calm the senses and helps treat depression, lack of sleep at times aggravates the symptoms of depression.
7) Makes You Forgetful - When sleep deprived, one tends to be forgotten. Not a surprise since due to lack of sleep, one is not alert as it is. Scientifically explained, one needs to be in deep sleep for the sharp wave ripples to occur and sharpen one’s memory.
8) Causes Weight Gain - Studies say that the more one sleeps, the more weight they lose. And in instances of sleep deprivation, exactly the opposite happens. Sleeping less than six hours a day increases your risk to be obese, according to studies.
9) Increases Risk Of Chronic Diseases - Lack of sleep increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It is very important to sleep the required amount of hours, every night, to assist all organs to function smoothly.
10) Impairs judgement - Sleep deprivation affects focus and other senses. This in turn impairs judgment as one might find it difficult to focus while taking decisions. You might start sleeping lesser than 7-8 hours and find that your body has adjusted to it, however in the long run, it will start showing adverse effects on your body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Skin is the most sensitive as well as the largest body organ. Skin problems are very common and can happen to almost everyone, be it a woman or man, and dealing with these problems could be as tough as understanding them. Here are a few very common skin problems that one should know about and can deal with them easily.
- Acne or a pimple is the very common skin disorder that occurs to almost everybody every now and then. It basically happens due to the blocking or clogging of the passageway that connects your skin pores to the oil glands. Face, neck, shoulder, back and chest are some common areas where acne appear. The best way to deal with them is to stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet.
- Eczema is another skin disease that may occur in children, teenagers as well as adults and is of three types. Atopic dermatitis is the first type and this type is mainly seen in children in the form of itchy rashes behind the knees and in the elbow part. Allergic contact dermatitis is the second type and is seen in early adulthood. Metallic jewellery, cosmetics and fragrances can be the major causes of this type. Nummular dermatitis mostly occurs on dry skin. Coin-shaped patches, itchy skin, redness can be a few symptoms of this type.
- Psoriasis is another skin disorder which basically causes inflammation and scaling. This genetic disease is developed due to the few abnormalities in the immune system. There is no guaranteed way to prevent this disorder. However, this can be treated with a number of solutions including petroleum jelly, vitamin A and various other prescribed drugs and medicines.
- Dark under eye circles is another common skin problem which can be easily cured. You can get rid of these dark circles by eating healthy food, keeping a balanced diet, drinking a lot of water, perform exercises, sleeping early and many others. Intake of cucumber, green tea, etc. can also help you get back your flawless skin.
- The other skin problems that are very common and can occur to anybody include athlete foot, wrinkles, sunburns, groin rashes, skin swelling, staph infections and much more.
The best way to prevent yourself from skin related problems is to eat healthy, take adequate amount of sleep, nearly 7 to 8 hours daily, drink a lot of water, sleep early, live a life stress-free and be happy and positive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.