Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surya PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have a 3 months old baby girl. What should be the supplement for breastfeeding whenever required. Does cow's milk is safe to give? If formula milk then specify the brand please. Thanks.
My 4 year old son has accumulated wax in both ears. I consulted two doctors and both advised ear drops and said the wax will come out by itself. I wanted to know if extracting wax through vacuum or water spray is not recommended for small kids? What should I do. Please suggest.
My kids last immunization was meals at the age of 9 months after that I have missed all the vaccination to be done and now he is of age 4 years 8 months, I want to whether these vaccinations can be done now?
My son 5 years old. Nowadays he is urinate just a little drops and urinate frequently. In every 10 or 20 minutes. What to do?
I want to ask about my son he is 7 year old. His behavior is not good not talked in mannerable way. Never listen and follow to anyone. always jumping shouting making face etc. Never concentrate on one thing. If we did not do whatever he like he shouts hits to everyone. Did not concentrate on his studies too.
My son have started bed wetting from the last 1 1/2 years. He is now 9 yrs old. We have consulted child specialists, have done all the the tests all things are alright. Doctors told my son to do bladder exercise. Is there any ayurvedic treatment for the same or exercise is the only treatment.
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
Is there any treatment for vitiligo skin? My daughter (10 years old) suffering from vitiligo skin the appearance to her face. Is there a cure can remove the effect of vitiligoly's spots phenomenon?
My baby was prematurely born on the 33rd week. She is now 4 months old and weighs 5.1 kg now. She is exclusively breastfed, but for a few days now I noticed a drop in my breast milk supply. When I consulted the paediatrician he advised to give NAN stage 1. I fed her nan twice a day, but after feeding her formula milk she's either vomiting or passing stool in green color. While breastfeeding she used to pass motion once in 5-6 days, but while feeding formula she's passing motion 2-3 times a day and its greenish. Should the change in the colour of stool be a cause of worry? Otherwise she's very active, no signs of any pain or discomfort. Please advise.
My 1year 8months son has fever since 4 days. On antibiotic Gladyclav 228 since 3days and MBKcin injection since 2days and Meftal-p for fever, but his temperature still goes upto 103.
Professional in-office teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure in the world today. Unlike home-use whitening systems that incorporate low-dose bleaching agents, in-office whitening (also known as power bleaching, power whitening, professional whitening or chair side whitening) takes place under carefully monitored conditions which allow for the safe, controlled, pain-free use of a relatively high concentration of bleaching gel – yielding results that are visible immediately.
Advantages of office bleach
No other teeth whitening procedure produces faster results.
This is the safest form of tooth bleaching.
Gum and tooth sensitivity (formerly drawbacks to in-office bleaching) are more controllable today due to thicker peroxide gels (that don't soak into the teeth as much as previous gels) and the use of desensitizers such as potassium nitrate and fluoride.
Stains that are best removed in office bleach
Chairside whitening removes organic stains or discolorations primarily caused by:
Aging. Over time, the teeth darken with a yellow, brown, green or grey cast (which may be due to heredity and/or eating habits). Yellowed teeth tend to whiten most readily.
Consumption of certain foods (notably coffee, red wine, sodas and dark-colored vegetables an
Are you suitable candidate for teeth whitening
This procedure is not suitable for those with the following conditions:
Tooth and gum hypersensitivity. To avoid a hypersensitive reaction, your dentist is likely to recommend take-home bleaching trays with a low concentration of carbamide peroxide – which is not as potent as hydrogen peroxide.
Deep and intractable staining. Some stains are resistant to high-concentration in-office bleaches. In such cases, dentists may recommend a supervised regimen of intensive take-home bleaching or alternatives to hydrogen peroxide bleaching such as bonding, crowns and porclien veneers.
Teeth that have become transparent with age. This is particularly true of the front teeth, which are thin to begin with.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
Hello sir I am 26 year old a married person having a 2 year old daughter. What is the best method to avoid pregnancy.
Hi, my daughter is 21 months old. Since last one month or so she doesn't eat anything at all. We have tried everything from khichdi/dalia to paratha to tikki to smileys etc but it doesn't work. At times she just eats a bite or two, that too after a lot of effort. Could you please suggest how can we increase her appetite - any syrup etc. Thanks.
My baby is in teething period 9 months old, is loose motion common in teething period? Daily 4-5 times he will do loose motion. Please ans doctor.
I am Dr Abhishek Goyal, I am M.D. paediatrics, a child specialist. I am working with my own clinic and a nursing home with the name of Vaishnavi mother and child clinics.
Today I want to tell you regarding the vaccinations. Usually, parents ask me, sir, should we give all the vaccinations to the child, they are very costly. I suggest them this is a thing we should always vaccinate our child with all the vaccinations. As the thing is prevention is always better than cure. And for prevention, the various vaccinations are very important. There are very important vaccinations like in this scenario, we are getting so many patients of chicken pox. And for chicken pox, the vaccination we give to the child is very effective. If the baby is vaccinated, then the baby is at least 90-95% is cured or prevented from chicken pox.
- Secondly, if they get also chicken pox, it will be very mild. So according to same, there are so many vaccinations today we should give our neonates to the childhood. Like from the starting we should start from the B.C.G., O.P.V and Hepatitis B, which is given at the birth.
- Then after 1 ½ month, 2 ½ month and 3 ½ months there are 7 diseases from which vaccination can be given that is D.P.T. (diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus). Polio, injectable and oral according to the availability and H.I.P., Influenza-b and rota virus. With that hepatitis b is a very important vaccination also. One category is the meningococcal vaccine which is a very good vaccine for pneumonia.
- At 9 months, the measles or M.M.R.
- At 1 year, Hepatitis A for jaundice. For 15 months, we give M.M.R, chicken pox and at the age of 1 ½ years, it is d.p.t. booster and 2 years it is typhoid.
These days, typhoid vaccine has arrived which can be given earlier around 1 year. Same after that we usually forgot, that 4 ½ years is a very important milestone where the baby has to get the vaccinations which are M.M.R, 2, Chicken pox and D.P.T. And in ten years again the D.T. booster and in girls, it is the cervical cancer vaccine. So these all vaccines are there in all the vaccination charts and you should get your child vaccinated from all the deadly diseases.
For any further query, you can always contact me from the very good app called Lybrate app.
I am available on the Lybrate app.
My new born baby of age 6 days have found bilirubin level as 11.5.Dr recommended photo therapy. My baby is under photo therapy treatment but some people are saying it's not recommended upto 8th day. Should I take out her from there?
Hello doctor, My boy baby 50 days older, he is continuously crying and not drinking mother milk much. Right now he has bigger tummy and cold, cough. Doctor said his respiratory system is low and it will be develop after 9 months.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.