Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surya Prakash
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surya PrakashYour feedback matters!
What foods can be given at night before sleeping? My baby is going to be 2 years old. I want to stop feeding as she gets up for feeds so I want to substitute that so that I can stop feeding and she sleeps well. Any medicine to stop feeding.
My son is 1 year 9 months. I have a feeling he might have swallowed a small part of his toy. Not sure. He is normal and don't find any change in him. But I would prefer to see the doctor once.
Here by I want to explain complete scenario of my kid who is facing difficulty in sleeping. Requesting your help by going through my son detailed case history. My Son born on 22-08-2016 and now he is 17 months older, by birth he has got some health issue by name “Laringo Malacean stridor”.Due to which he is having a different type of sound which use to come continuously along with a trisection on his chest which can be seen. But after doctors consultation we came to know that it will occur in some kids which will be solved on its own but will take some time. As per this the same happened now the problem got solved almost by 80% and no trisection also found, only in few occasions we can hear that sound especially when he is suffering from cold or cough at present. Apart from this a major concern is “he is not able to get into good sleep “which we observed from birth itself, hardly he will sleep 6-7 hours out of 24 hours that too very disturbing. The major things we observed are · He will sleep max of 3 hours in total day and another 3-4 hr at night. · Night times he use to cry a lot unable to find the reason even we are giving him good food in regular intervals. · He will be calming down when we put him on our shoulder and keep on walking in night times. · Even we tried to give him a general medicine colimex but of no use. · Again in the morning he seems normal and having all good activities and very sharp enough. · There is no indigestion problem too he goes for motion 2-3 times a day and urinates regularly. Please suggest us with good medication guidance for making him sleep well due to which we are also facing huge issue.
Hello Doctor, my son age 9 years having fever and dry cough. From yesterday morning. I have been giving him crocin syrup 10 ml , kidicare and adulsa. His fever goes once he take crocin but in few hours it comes back. Can you confirm id antibiotic need to be given.
My son 6 years old still not able to speak clearly, also he us not behavior like 6 years old child. Pls help.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.