Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh Kumar Reddy M
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh Kumar Reddy MYour feedback matters!
My creatine is 1,7 how to reduce it in ayurvedic allopathy homeopathy way and little prostate problem is there. Please guide me. Thanks.
I am suffering from a unbearable pain after urinating. Its a tingling pain after urination and also I have a frequent urge to urinate. But when I go to the bathroom I get a little urine. Why is this happening please tell me.
My Urine flow speed suddenly increased before it was slow. Two year over slow urine flow. Yesterday suddenly increased speed. And today came some blood.Please advise.
My urine have a bad smell though I have drinks lots of water at least 3 ltr per day. Please suggest me something to get rid from it.
I drink lots of water. Always after toilet I feel like more toilet I have to do. Always toilet occurs. What should I do. Please help. Please.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
USG of Abdomen and KUB (Kidney; Ureter and Bladder) to look for Pyelonephritis; Cystitis.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!