Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh KumarYour feedback matters!
My baby is 10 days old. I think my breast milk is not sufficient for my baby? What should I eat so that my baby can get sufficient breast milk?
My baby is 10 months old? Can I feed him egg? People say that we can feed only egg yolk and not egg white. Is this true and why?
Sir, my daughter is 2 years and 10 months old, wt. Is 11.5 kg, ht. Is 3 feet 2 inch. She is very thin, and her ribs can be counted from outside. Sugest a diet chart so that she can gain some weight and looks healthy.
Hi mam my son is 8 month old. From 3 month till now he is watching video in mobile. Does it effect his eyes? He is addicted to watching videos in mobile. Does it has effect.
Yesterday night my newborn baby of 2 and half months could not sleep at all. I thought it was because low supply of breastmilk. How could I know breastmilk is not enough for him?
My baby is of 2 years and feeds his mother but he is very habitual of feeding and does not want to eat anything so how to keep away from feeding.
My wife deliver a baby girl on 22-02-2016. The baby face is small changes, nose are pretty (face and eye is small yellow colour) legs & hands are power less. The Baby tested TSH level is 10.9 at a birth time. The pediatrician saw the baby problem is down syndrome. Iam shocked, at the time of pregnancy state doctor UT scanned at 9 times for 9 months. But no problems are identified. She has no natural problems (weight, height, Age is 20). Dr. Please help me my baby treating these problems. She recover a natural life? Please inform the status of recovery at downs at a baby. Please help me.
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.
My son is 4 months old and he has developed cold and running nose since 1 month. I went to a doctor thrice. For first two times he told that your son' s chest is clear then prescribed saline drops but it doesn' t work. For the third time I changed the doctor and he prescribed koforist and its also not worked still my baby has running nose, cough and feels like he has bulgum in his tract. Please help me
How should baby be protected by cold and cough in the peak Winter season and also if cough happens what should be the best medicine.
My son is 9 year old, he is speaking very fast and repeating words and very bad pronounce continue walking or moving body cant stable any place for 2 minute, some times he lost presence of others, less sleeping, poor health, short memories. Thanks and regards
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.