Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Surendra KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I have 6 mm 1 stone in my right kidney. I got to know this 18 months back, I am not using any tablets except drinking water up to 3-4 liters/day. What are the tests required to do for this stone's problem and does it require any medication for my situation? And I heard that if we have stone in 1 kidney will also get in other kidney, is it true? please let me know and suggest me for any advices. Thanks in advance.
A kidney stone may not be as big as the stones in your garden, but can be quite a pain. Kidney stones are actually mineral crystals that are usually a combination of calcium and phosphates. The size of a kidney stone ranges from the size of a sugar crystal to a ping pong ball. While some kidney stones pass out of the body along with urine, others can block the urethra and become painful.
In addition to being painful, a kidney stone can cause permanent damage to your kidneys. Since large kidney stones are usually painful, they rarely go undiagnosed. However, if a kidney stone is left untreated, it could cause the kidney to atrophy and lower the functionality of the kidney. Kidney stones that are related to an infection can also lead to chronic urinary tract infections and damage the kidney through scarring and inflammation. This could eventually lead to kidney failure.
Not all kidney stones need to be treated with surgery. If the kidney stone is very small, your doctor may prescribe plenty of water and medication to treat the pain. With plenty of water, you should be able to pass the stone in your urine. Ideally, you should take plenty of rest until the stone is passed.
Larger kidney stones may need you to be hospitalized for treatment. These are:
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL): To begin this of treatment, a painkiller is administered. Ultrasonic waves are used to determine the location of the kidney stone. Shock waves are then passed through the kidney stone to break it into smaller pieces, which can then pass out of the body through urine.
- Ureteroscopy: This is also called retrograde intrarenal surgery and is performed when the kidney stone is stuck in the ureter. A ureteroscope is passed through the urethra and bladder into the ureter. Laser energy may then be used to break the stone into smaller pieces to unblock the ureter.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL): This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. It involves a small incision being made in the back and a nephroscope passed into the kidney through it. Laser or pneumatic energy is then used to break up the stone into smaller pieces and pull them out.
- Open surgery: Open surgery is performed only in the case of an abnormally large stone or abnormal anatomy of the person. An incision is made in the back that allows the doctor to access the kidney and manually remove the stone.
I sought the advice on the following recently. "Ultra sound of KUB reports Prevoid 350 cc, I Post void: 81 cc and II Post Void: 16 cc / Prostate: 25 cc. Enlarged in size. What does it indicates? Is it Grade I Prostatomegaly? Is it normal? Or any medicine to be taken" I thank you very much for the advice of various doctors suggesting to consult a urologist. Urologist opined it as Grade I Prostatomegaly. Urologist suggested to take medicine named Rapilif (Silodosin) 4 mg for a few months. I wish to know the effectiveness any interaction with the medicines I am taking. I am presently taking the following medicines. MetXL 12.5, Rosufit 10 mg, and Remylin D. Thank you once again.
I am student of age 21 and I am smoker but now I want to quit. I am smoking from 2 years. I am going in mnc company and they have their further pre joining process. Of medical Just I want to confirm in stool test nicotine appears and in urine and in blood Please help me and also tell me some currucilum activities so that my body tar should me removed.
Hi sir/mam I am Kural 23 years old n I am facing urine problem, when I feel urinate it comes drop by drop and too takes two or three times to complete with pain. And sometimes when I am sitting it comes out some amount of urine without knowing me. I consult also doctor and the result of scan is urine prevoid 700 ml and post void 500 ml, doctor said tube must be take in by the treatment, I tube by urine way and said it may cure 10 % only. And medicines are conserve and Tolu-XR®Z. Please your suggestions. Thank you.
I am 58 years old. There is regular pain on left side back and front side below 4" from chest or 5" distance from nabhi. On back side pain both side on upper side of hip. I drink minimum 6 lt water in a day but urine out put in a day 1/2 lt. And at the time of urine I feel burden pain.
Am having some pain in my right side of my potty hole I took ceftum 500 but still its paining also too enzoheal d but still paining.
When I am eating I am feeling to vomit and I have problem in my urin its irritate while urination and not able to take diet in proper ways suggest me what to do.
I am Sivakumar from Tamil nadu I am affected due to urine infections 2 times I am tested urine culture and sensitivity Doctors recommend gentamizine injection twice per day 1st time then 2 time gives dnc trip 2 bottles with gentamizine 3 days at the no pain and ok but now also gives pain What is the reason? Any English medicine is available please? Any further test is required, how to cure permanently? Please advise me?
My digestive system is very weak and I go to toilet after every 2-3 days. As a result I fell very low. Suggest some ways to increase my digestive power. Even I drink about 4-7 litre water every day.
Right kidney hydrouretetronephrosis due to 6.8mm UV junction calculus. Right kidney also shows multiple calculi approx 5.6mm upper pole a d 4.2 mm mid pole and 3.7 mm lower pole. Left kidney 5.1mm mid pole and 4.4 mm lower pole. Retro peritoneum partially obscured by bowel gases. However grossly no evidence of lymphadenopathy. Impression- Multiple bilateral renal calculi and Right UV junction calculus causing obstructive uropathy. Can this be treated medically or needs surgery?
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate Juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural Celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva Ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are Ayurvedic remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.