Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surendra Babu
Submit a review for Dr. Surendra BabuYour feedback matters!
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are rare in adult males younger than 50 years but increase in incidence thereafter. Causes of adult male UTIs include prostatitis, epididymitis, orchitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, and urinary catheters. Owing to the normal male urinary tract’s many natural defenses to infection, many experts consider UTIs in males, by definition, to be complicated (ie, more likely to be associated with anatomic abnormalities, requiring surgical intervention to prevent sequelae).
Signs and symptoms:
Dysuria is the most frequent chief complaint in men with UTI. The combination of dysuria, urinary frequency, and urinary urgency is about 75% predictive for UTI, whereas the acute onset of hesitancy, urinary dribbling, and slow stream is only about 33% predictive for UTI.
Relevant clinical history includes the following:
Nocturia, gross hematuria, any changes in the color and/or consistency of the urine
Urinary tract abnormalities: Personally and within the family
Comorbid conditions (eg, diabetes )
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status
Immunosuppressive treatments for other conditions (eg, prednisone)
Any previous surgeries or instrumentation involving the urinary tract.
I am 30 years old female and I have some urine smell comes after urination and before also. Am seviourly suffering to this what should I do please tell me.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment for chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine.
Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.
I am 38 years old with a problem of urethra stricture and doing self catherisation once or twice a week. My problem is frequent urine infection and premature ejeculation.
Hello My father age 62 suffering by sugar, lever apcess and 80% kidney damage is there any treatment which can stop Dialysis stage. Is stem cell therapy is helpful.
A kidney transplant is a procedure that employs an operation to transplant properly functioning kidney in the body. The main job of the kidneys is to remove the excess waste from a person’s body with the help of a filtration process. When the kidneys stop filtering the toxins properly, they become diseased and harmful waste products and toxins begin to accumulate in the body. Following this, the patient has to go through treatment measures like hemo dialysis or kidney transplant.
Read on to know the five things you should keep in mind about a kidney transplant.
- Treatment: Transplant is one of the best ways to treat chronic kidney disease stage-V, until unless it is contraindicated. Life becomes near normal after transplant as dialysis stops and person can go back to job. Though there is a possibility of rejection of transplant kidney. Patient has to take immunosuppressive medication life long.
- Medication: Medications are mainly for:
- To prevent rejection: Patient takes special immunosuppressive medications life long like steroids, tacrolimus, mycophenolate.
- Prevention of infection: Stay away from a person suffering of cough, cold, fever, skin rash. Alternatively you can use face mask.
- Other medication: To control diabetes, Hypertension etc.
- Family Only: The donors are from family or emotionally related (Spouse) or cadavers deceased donor (after brain stem death). HLA-matched donors are better because of less chances of rejections and faster reduction of immunosuppressive.
- Doing Your Part: Once transplant is done patient becomes normal and he/she lives a normal life. However, they have to take regular medications and to protect themselves from various infection.
- Need for Kidney Transplant in End Stage Renal Diseases: These diseases includes diabetes mellitus, Hypertension, polycystic kidney disease, chronic glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.