Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunita Chaurasia
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sunita ChaurasiaYour feedback matters!
I have a Squint Eye problem from my birth. Can it be treated? What is the possibility of facing the issue again after treatment? Please suggest.
Respected sir My fiancee has been wearing a glasses for many years she can't see properly without glasses sir please suggest us what should be done to remove her glasses except lance Regards MANISH.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
My eye sight is weak I have myopia I wear spec with -3.i was hoping there would be any way I would regain my vision or at least stop it from worsening.
Hi doctor. My eyesight is getting weaker day by day I feel. Always feel tired and not able to concentrate due to headache. My power on both eyes nearly minus 6. Please help me or suggest me some tips I am broken and hopeless.
I am 38 year old and suffering from ED and PE with no any interest in sex. I taken some allopathic and Ayurvedic and Homeopathic Medicines for my problem but I nothing any result. I have not any feeling about sex and not any erection with penis and get some little erection than discharge with huge liquid. I taken one 100 mg Tablet Sildenafil for my sex desire on monthly basis but this tablet have more side effect on my body as low Eye sight and other problems. I check my Blood taste as Thyroid and other as prescribed by Doctor than all reports are ok and fine Please please suggest me the best solution my problem.
I get head pain while reading and I doubt that I have some eye problem. Is head ache related to eye.
One of the most contagious infections to affect children and adults is conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva. This makes the blood vessels of the eye more visible and turns the white part of the eye pinkish. This condition can be caused by a number of factors such as exposure to bacteria or viruses, allergens and irritants. Treatment for conjunctivitis depends on the cause of the condition.
The first step towards treating this disease is to correctly diagnose it. Some of the symptoms that can be noticed are:
- Redness in the white of the eye
- Itchiness and burning in the eye
- Discharge from the eye
- Crusting of the eyelids
- Increased sensitivity to light
If you notice any of these symptoms persisting for over a few days, consult a doctor immediately. There are two aspects to dealing with conjunctivitis; preventing the infection from spreading and reducing the infection. Here are a few tips to help stop the infection from spreading.
- Stop wearing contact lenses. While the infection persists, wear spectacles instead. Once your eyes have healed, dispose of the old contacts lenses and solution and get yourself a new pair.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important if you have touched your eyes and will prevent the infection from spreading.
- Avoid sharing contact lenses, eye makeup and other forms of makeup along with makeup brushes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Often conjunctivitis can affect only one eye at a time. Keeping yourself from rubbing or touching the infected eye will keep the infection from spreading to the other eye.
- Remove the discharge from around your eye every few hours with a clean cotton swab. Throw the swab away after it has been used once and wash your hands with soap and water before touching anything else.
- Avoid using swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Wash towels. Pillow cases, sheets and other things that come in regular contact with your eyes every few days with hot water to disinfect them.
In most cases of infective conjunctivitis, antibiotics are not needed. Instead lubricant eye drops are prescribed that are available over the counter. This can help ease soreness and stickiness in the eye. When using lubricant eye drops, do not let the dropper touch the infected eye and do not use the same eye drops for both eyes. Untreated conjunctivitis can be treated with antibiotics such as chloramphenicol and fusidic acid. These antibiotics can have a few side effects such as blurred vision and hence you must avoid driving and operating heavy machinery after using them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.