Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SunilYour feedback matters!
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Our body is a mechanical wonder, and it is truly amazing how each part, from head to toe, has its own role to play. The foot is one of the most complex mechanisms in the body. The way it works is just so intricate and fascinating! But, due to being so complex, there are a lot of things which have the potential to go wrong and cause a foot to begin to pain.
- Taking into account the various troubles the foot can have, does it not make sense to learn what some of the causes are?
- Sprains and strains are just so common when it comes to the causes of foot pain. That being said, there are quite a lot of people who do not really know how to tell the difference, exactly, between an injury such as this and something which is more serious. This is what causes a lot of terrible injuries to go untreated for quite some time, leading to them getting progressively worse.
- While the name of the condition may be difficult, plantar fasciitis is the fancy name for a swelling up of a certain ligament. Too much pressure causes this to happen. The ligament is the one which is responsible for connecting the heel bone to the toes. When it comes to what is to be done in order to treat this sort of condition, the most important thing is to make sure the foot is rested to a sufficient extent. After all, it is too much use which got the injury to occur in the first place, right?
- In addition to this, heel and foot stretches are of high importance and if the pain is very bad, pain relief medicines are to be taken, but a person should make sure that he or she does not become too reliant on these sort of medicines.
- A stone bruise is something which need not take place due to a stone but the term does quite a good job of explaining why such an injury occurs in the first place. If a hard object is stepped on, it can cause an injury to the heel or to the ball of the foot. Again, in a case like this, it is important to rest the area. Also, applying ice to it will help it go away sooner than it normally would have.
- A heel fracture may have similar causes to a stone bruise but is more intense. Serious medical attention is required as it may not only break the heel but also cause related damage. A wheelchair or crutches are the way to go and a cast is required in most cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!