Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Summaiya Qadeer
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Summaiya QadeerYour feedback matters!
I have knee pain on right side and below the knee too. I can't step down my legs. When I get down from bed I can't able to walk even a step. While I walk the knee bone makes sound and itches severely. Pl let me know exactly what it is and what treatment.
I am suffering from acute back pain and pain in the thigh and left hip for the last two months even after taking all medicine and physiotherapy treatment and homeopathic treatment. I slipped while coming out from a lift in the month of May after I returned after visiting my ailing brother who has been diagnosed with rapidly progressive dementia and his condition is deteriorating day by day. My parents are not alive and he is the only one who can come in high and low times. I become so much depressed after seeing him in such a state. I keep on crying and praying for my brother recovery but Dr. said it is incurable. I don't know what to do. My family and kids are also suffering due to my condition but I am unable to keep control on my emotions. Please guide me what to do. Thanks a lot for your help.
I have back problem. I cant seat or stand regularly about 4 hours. If I do this, my back starts paining hard. Please suggest me.
I am facing muscle twitching problem from last 1.5 year, some times arm twitches, some times legs and thighs twitches, shoulders twitches but it twitches daily randomly, you can say dozen times a day for few seconds, My weight before one year was 70 kg and today I checked it was 71 kg, means that no serious issue, if it was ALS then my weight would have reduced, all tests like b sugar fasting, calcium, thyroid profile, ft3, ft4, tsh, sr mag, vit b4, b12. All are normal. Eeg is also normal. Pl suggest causes of twitching vibration in body.
I am 35 yr old I am suffering from neck stiffness, also some pain in left side chest and under arm. Which type of doctor in need to consult. If this might be any serious problem.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. menisci is exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common injury faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of pain and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a menisci tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn menisci depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not happening through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. The surgery is done through a small incision, called as arthroscopic surgery or key hole surgery, where in the torn meniscus is either repaired or trimmed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.