Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Sumeet SinhaYour feedback matters!
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi actually smtyms my heartbeat gets higher n I feel lyk my heart area is block whim should I consult is it frm depression or heart problem?
I'm diabetic SINCE I WAS 13 YRS OLD. I M 36 NOW. GOT A HEART ATTACK FEW MONTHS BACK and angioplasty WAS DONE. JUST GOT MY HOMOCYSTEINE LEVEL ON ADVISE OF A FRIEND. ITS 36 AGAINST RHE NORMAL VALUE OF BELOW 15. VITAMIN B12 VALUE IS WITH IN RANGE AND HBA1C VALUE IS 8.8 FOR THREE MONTHS AVG. PLEASE advise ON HIGH HOMOCYSTEINE LEVELS AND ITS RISK FACTOR. OR IS IT COMMON IN PATIENTS WHO GOT A ATTACK.
I am 27 year man and I am having chest pain whenever I sneeze, is it because iam a smoker, but I do not smoke too much I only smoke 2 to 4 cigrates a day, please answer back.
Hi Doc, If I turn vegan, from where do I get daily requirements of protein and minerals needed for healthy body. Isn't it better to have all types of food instead of adapting a vegan lifestyle and do some sort of physical exercise daily. What is real benefit of turning vegan besides improved cholesterol level and less risk of diabetes and other lifestyle diseases.
Main reasons to get BP. What are the precautions to be taken. Please explain with clarity answer plz.
I am 42, 174 cm and 82 Kgs. My cholesterol count count has come as 221 a d LDL as 155. Please discuss the hazards involved and remedy to control and get the count down. Manish Sehgal.
What is thombroysis? N can a heart get another attack after 3 attacks n successful double bypass surgery ie valve replacement n artery bypass?
My fat not reduced though taking daily exercises not taking much rich food in daily diet. LDL cholesterol 126mg/dl high risk zone taking medicine for high blood pressure-asking solution please .
I am 47 year old and my BP is 140/90, and I am taking half tab win bp20 daily, although doctor prescribe me 1 tab daily before 6 month, I did not consult him from 6 month, I feel normal and my BP is now 125/85, what could I do?
My bp is - 153 by 92 Pulse - 68 Hypertension indicator is blinking Please give some suggestion to keep in control.
Blood pressure is the thrust exerted by the blood against the artery walls or blood vessels. A certain count of blood pressure is necessary for blood circulation, but anything excessive may prove to be trouble. A reading above the count considered normal; 140/90 (mmHg) may induce symptoms, such as short breath, severe headaches, nosebleeds and anxiety.
Any sort of hypertension during pregnancy can take a toll on the baby.
1. Preeclampsia is a condition wherein, the blood pressure peeks high after 20 weeks of conception accompanied by traces of protein in urine and functional disorders in a few organs.
2. Hypertension might often result in the delivery of an underdeveloped (abnormally small size) baby.
3. High blood pressure might also give rise to a complication wherein, one might have to go for Caesarian section rather than a normal vaginal delivery.
4. The placenta detaches itself from the uterine wall much prior to the delivery.
5. Preeclampsia escalates one’s risks of suffering from heart disorders or other cardiovascular diseases.
6. It restricts the blood flow to the placenta (an organ nourishing the baby), thus cutting off adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Excessive protein content in urine
2. Impaired liver functioning
3. Low urine levels
4. Nausea or vomiting
5. Intense pain and tenderness in the upper abdomen
6. Problems in eyesight such as double vision or temporary loss of vision, light sensitivity and blurriness.
7. Abnormal swelling
8. Persistent and a severe headache
Medications do meddle with pregnancy. However, certain medications are considered safe to be used for keeping blood pressure levels under control. These include Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs) and Renin Inhibitors. However, do consult a doctor to get your dosage administered accurately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.