Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Occupational Therapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suman
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SumanYour feedback matters!
I have problems in my right leg. I am 73 yesr old. My problem is getting pain in my right leg. Not able to walk some time movement problems is there. My 2nd problem is some time in my left hand arm side itching is there when I itch red bums comes and line occurred in itching side. Please suggest me. Thanks
My 72 years old mother with na history of carcinoma right breast since 2000 just got her full body checkup done and her TSH level is 11, SGOT and Kidney are a little higher too The problem she is having since last 5 days is excessive joint pains, swelling on face, hands, feet etc. She is on thyronorm 50 mg once daily for the last 2-3 years but as she missed out taking the same for the last one week so may be that has resulted in higher TSH counts, how should I go about it? Please help so that at least she can regain her weakness and join pains. At the moment she is bedridden because of this other wise she is a very active lady.
Pain in around both hands thumbs and front part (fingers) of both feet. She over worked during shifting of room. My question is whether pain is because of work or showing symptoms of something else.
I went for left leg knee replacement surgery two years back. There is lot of pain in right leg as it is also having arthritis. As per the doctors both leg were having same condition. please tell me should I go for right leg also and can this surgery be repeated. Thanx.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey. You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising
- Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery to remedy the damaged blood vessels and nerves around the area.
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones. After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing.
- Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.