Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SugunaYour feedback matters!
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.
Hi I'm a male please suggest me the best simple way to look handsome, strong and healthy whole day and forever and have beautiful clear glowing and fair skin forever please help me out wat to apply wat should I do.
My skin colour is getting increasingly dark, it started around puberty. While I was fair in childhood around 14, now exposed parts of my body like face and arms are more brown black while covered areas are still largely fair. It may be tan or hormones. I had history of thyroid in childhood. What to do?
My skin on face is having black color to some extent and normal color to some extent. When I use medicines the color declines but when I stop them the dark color is starting again. How long should I use the medicine. I am using homeopathy.
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
Eczema can be treated in many ways, but opting for homeopathy treatment proves to be most beneficial. This mostly happens as homeopathy mostly considers that each person is unique and should be given treatment specific to his/her health needs and addresses the problem accordingly.
Here are some of the advantages of using homeopathy treatment for eradicating eczema:
- Excellent for eliminating chronic conditions - Homeopathic medicines prove to be excellent in treating chronic diseases whose symptoms have been recurring over the years. We often find that the cause of an allergy is a hyperactive immune response of our body. In Homoeopathy, instead of treating the symptoms of allergy, we try to treat the very basic cause of the problem and set right the immune system. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting to ordinary stimuli, the allergy is cured and so are the symptoms of eczema. This is where Homeopathy has an edge over other branches of medicine. Homeopathy treatment of eczema does not believe in suppressing the disease, but curing the disease from its root cause, thereby causing permanent cures.
- Doesn't have any negative impact on your immunity - Unlike allopathic drugs, homeopathic medicines don't harm the immune system of your body. They have a gentle effect on your body. In addition to this, these medicines are responsible for stimulation of your body's self-healing mechanism, which adds to its efficacy against diseases like eczema.
- Provides long term cure - Traditional homeopathy effectively provides relief from conditions and prevents them from coming back. The approach of treatment followed by homeopathy is to provide remedies matching an individual's physical, emotional, genetic and medical conditions rather than providing a common treatment for a specific set of symptoms. This approach effectively works on many skin conditions like eczema and starts showing visible results within a few weeks. More importantly, it ensures that you don't experience the symptoms again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.