Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subrahmanyam Nukala
Submit a review for Dr. Subrahmanyam NukalaYour feedback matters!
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
Hello Doc! So there are a lot of problems that I am facing at the moment. I’ll move ahead step by step. 1.Delayed period- I am 8 days late on my period, though I am not sexually active. 2.On and off anxiety and pain in different parts of body, eg: wrist, thighs knees and sometimes swelling in hands & feet. 3.Puffiness under eyes & face. 4.I feel tired and lethargic many times even if I have taken proper rest. My Background: I have a desk job, I do not exercise regularly. 10-15 minutes of walk is all that I do. I have normal diet, but I eat out 2-3 days every week. I sleep late at night & sometimes I have to force myself to sleep at night. I have been suggested that I may have high thyroid, for which I got my complete blood and urine test done. I am attaching my reports. Please take a look & suggest what is causing all this? Is it anything serious? Do I need to take medications or just a healthy life style could mend it. Please give me a detailed answer. Thyroid report: TT3: 1.53 TT4: 7.94 TSH: 18.65 Lipid Profile: Non HDL Cholesterol 145.3 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 7.6 0.0 - 4.0 Calculated LDL / HDL Cholesterol Ratio 5.2 Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 7.6 0.0 - 4.0 Calculated LDL / HDL Cholesterol Ratio 5.2 Cholesterol - Total 167.2.
My wife has thyroid, and taking tablet thyroid 25 daily. My question is can she eat dragon fruit as we heard it has many benefits.
I am 40 years old. I have no symptoms of breathlessness, chest heaviness or fatigue. How can I assess my cardiac health? is a tmt good enough? I have read that it picks up disease 70% of times. What if I am in the other 30%? how about ct coronary angiography?
Diets rich in soy and high fiber can interfere with levothyroxine absorption. Medications and supplements also can reduce absorption. These include:
aluminum hydroxide (present in some antacids)