Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Subrahmanyam NukalaYour feedback matters!
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication. Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.
My mother has hypo-thyroidism problem so could you please tell me well personalised pure vegetarian diet plan to end it forever? Then it would be really really great full.
I am female 35 years old .having hypothyroid and this kind of thyroid is generally associated with some weight gain. But myself lost gain and it is not active from last 5 years it's normal and my wait is only 43 Kg. How I gain wait?
My tsh is 6.61. Please tell if I have thyroid. My age is 38. Weight is 87. I am taking calaptin40&actiblok for high bp & migraine.
Hello doctor. my wife is unable to get pregnant because of hypothyroidism, wife age is 26 year. Respected sir and madam what should I have to do.
I am unmarried female suffering from pcod and thyroid taking 50 mcg thyronorm I have taken treatment for pcod fir appx 8- 9 mths still my periods not regular . I do regular work out too what can I do please give some information regarding this m soon going to get married. thanks.
I'm 25 years old girl. I have severe headache and stomach for a long time. And also I have doubt about having thyroid. Can you please tell me how to prevent thyroid.
My daughter (26) sufferring from thyroid goitter. According to INMAS doctors it is a case of surgery. Whether it can be cured by medicines and surgery could be avoided.There are about 5 cysts in thyroid area.
I am a 41 years. Old male and I am suffering from thyroid problem (tsh) last 3 years. What should I do?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am 46 years male. Suffering from diabetes and hypothyroid. My weight is 105 kgs. Can I eat non veg. My blood sugar level is 150 pre lunch and 170 after lunch.
Is hypo or hyperthyroid the cause of cold feet and hands, and feeling easily cold or hot? and of abnormal tiredness and sleepiness and never having enough sleep? please let me know and what medicine to take. Thank you.
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland at the front of the neck. It produces hormones that regulate many processes throughout the body. If the gland makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, the hair growth cycle may falter. But hair loss is rarely the only sign of a thyroid problem. Other symptoms include weight gain or loss, very dry skin or eczema, sensitivity to cold or heat, and changes in heart rate.