Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivasa S R R YYour feedback matters!
My dad I'd drinking too much and not able to quiet pls suggest how we can quiet his drinking habit without knowing him.
My board exams are approaching for which I would like to get up early at 3 am and sleep at 11 am. Is it okay to do so? Will it affect my memory
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation. After first seizure MRI and EEG may help to know whether you have the risk of second seizure or not.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.
I am 25 year old female have a stress problem. As I have lots of tension I get nerves when any body behave wrong with me. What to do?
Respected doctors, I am male aged 23 height 5.5 weight 55. Vegetarian. Non smoker and non alcoholic person I used to be average student now I will be appearing for my cs executive exam which is to started from 21 dec I am not able to remember anything quickly. I also cant concentrate late night study. I can study upto 10.30 pm only Is there any medicine or foods which can help me boost my mind and help me remember anything I read quickly also make me active for study preparation in night also. Thanks.
Sir/madam ,I am unhappy and I feel there is no grip in my talking and I forget my sentence while speaking and breaks my talk in the middle, unhappy all the time, long breathe or short breathe all the time. Unable to think about a topic for some duration of time, some sensitivity feel in my toes in most of the time, always feels I am doing wrong whatever I do, I am intensely feeling this form 3 years, but these feels was not all the time before these 3 years. Sir/madam please help me !my humble request to help me !
My memory's power is become very weak I forgot simply information 2 sex problems right testis is big and painfully by touching and handling 3 penis size is small 4 bones clicking sounds producing by in movement I do not have any bad habit or addiction only Asthma and cold problems.
Sìr, I regularly smoke 2 cigarettes,! Upto, and I have aa pimple scars and black spots on my face. So, does it causes to the spots and scars on face? And I want to quit aa cigar seriously How U suggest. For me.
How can I face my interview my age 24 female married am not fluency speaking person (English) this what my problem Dr. I'll speak but can't speak fluent I have not attend any interviews till now Coming Sunday 10th January having interview any tips to face my interview without any fear and stress help me dr.
Sir I have a bad habit to eat (gutkha) tobacco. I want to quit it but I unable to do it. Please tell me what to do?
I am having learning disability with ADD, dyslexia, dysgraphia. How can I concentrate and study for exams. I study but their comes a question that would I remember.
Suffering from depression - Avoid these
Depression is a psychological condition that can drain your hope, energy and drive. The things that you once rejoiced might not be pleasurable anymore. Meanwhile, overcoming depression isn't quick or easy and it is recommended that you opt for counselling or professional support to help you through. At the same time, you need to avoid these practices, which tend to increase the intensity of depressive symptoms.
These are the things you should avoid while suffering from depression.
1. Avoid Staying Alone: When you are depressed, you might not feel pleasure in things you used to enjoy earlier. This might result in social isolation, making you lonelier and more depressed than ever. But living in social situations, meeting people will actually help you. It can take off your mind from the feelings of depression and while meeting people might not seem as enjoyable as it did before, it can certainly help in overcoming the feelings of loneliness.
2. Avoid NOT Seeking Help: Most of the people are unable to differentiate between sadness and depression. But if you are someone who has been feeling intensely sad for no reason, then you are probably depressed. So, don't avoid seeking help. Approach a therapist, even online if you want more confidentiality and privacy. A counsellor can actually help in overcoming the feeling of depression.
3. Avoid White Foods: Processed foods or white foods are simple carbohydrates that can actually lead to insulin dumping and trigger the process of depression. The surge of insulin will initially make you feel happier, but once that's surge goes down, you will begin to feel depressed again. This will even trigger hunger and particular cravings, which in turn affect depression symptoms negatively.
4. Products with Aspartame: Aspartame can lower the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that's associated with mood. Therefore, eating aspartame can increase the intensity of your depression symptoms, may result in insomnia as well.
Related Tip: Homeopathy and Depression
I feel very lazy & my memory is weaken day by day. I masturbates at least 3 times a time. Is this direct harms or a connection with memory loss or laziness if yes then suggest something to recovery my memory & feels active by mind & soul. Thank you.
Hello Dr. Mujhe stress rhta h bht jyada jiske liye Dr. ne mujhe depression bhi rhta h Dr. ne mujhe prothodin 75 mg dee h jis se mujhe relief nhi ho rha h pls mujhe koyi achhi medicine btaye mujhe rat ko neend bhi nhi aati h Pls mujhe koyi achhi medicine btaye Mujhe family or business problems ki wajah se ye rhta h Meri age 36 years h Pls mujhe koyi achhi medicine btaye I will be thankful to you.
I was diagnosed with mild anxiety 5months back. My symptoms include mild palpitations that last for 20-45 minutes. I had checked my BP once when I had these palpitations, it was 150/95. When I checked it otherwise when I wasn't anxious, it was 130/85. Does anxiety cause long term BP issues? I am currently on clonazepam 0.5 mg and etizolam 0.5 mg for anxiety. I am considering pranayam and yoga too as a longer term solution. Should I consider visiting a doctor for my BP or is it normal during anxiety?
I am on medication for Depression and Gaso Problems. Since last 2 years Taking Fluxtione 20mg and LESURIDE 25mg two times daily.I feel Better in taking all foodand good health. Whether prolonged use of LESURIDE will have any side effect on my future.Pls advice
Hello, When I sleep I have several thoughts which are not related to anything just coming on and on. And I have bad dreams usually every night and also I feel that I am dreaming but I can't stop that. And my heart rate is increased due to fear. In morning I have headache and on day time some time I have increased heart rates. Please help me by giving me permanent cure for this. Thanks.
Depression is recognized as a mood disorder characterized by the prolonged feeling of sadness and loss of interest in otherwise regular activities. The symptoms include loss of sleep and appetite, loss of interest, persistent feeling of sadness and lowered self-esteem. These symptoms should last for a minimum of 4 weeks for the individual to be diagnosed with depression. Sometimes, at its later stages, depression can also be accompanied by suicidal tendencies.
How it can be treated?
- Role of anti-depressants: Depression has become rather common in the present day scenario. The treatment varies from prescription drugs to therapy. People who have depression are usually given mood enhancers and anti-depressants. Antidepressants are medicines used to help people who have depression. With the help of these depression medications, most people can achieve significant recovery from depression. Most antidepressants are believed to work by slowing the removal of certain chemicals from the brain. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and norepinephrine). Neurotransmitters are needed for normal brain function and are involved in the control of mood and in other responses and functions, such as eating, sleep, pain, and thinking. Antidepressants help people with depression by making these natural chemicals more available to the brain. By restoring the brain’s chemical balance, antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression. Specifically, antidepressant drugs help reduce the extreme sadness, hopelessness, and lack of interest in life that are typical in people with depression. However, these are but short-term solutions to depression and don’t necessarily cure the individual completely. For the treatment to be effective, the drug intake must be combined with therapeutic techniques to solve the problem at the root level.
- Therapy: Different therapeutic techniques are used to treat depression depending majorly on the individual, the cause of depression and general history and state of mind. Research suggests that client centered therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are a good start with an average case of depression. The therapists usually incorporate several other methods based on the client’s need to get maximum effect. Adlerian techniques, where individuals are made to comprehend the thoughts and emotions which influence their lifestyles and adopt a more productive and positive way of life, are rather helpful with most clients who suffer from depression.
Depression is a fairly common mental health disorder today, affecting a large population. Depression must be acknowledged as a proper mood disorder and not just a passing phase. It is completely curable with proper medicine and therapeutic sessions. The individual is able to move over the feelings of unhappiness and lack of interest with proper care and acceptance from loved ones in addition to therapy and the drugs, of course. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.