Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Sandhyalay
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas SandhyalayYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am a medical student I am having foamy bubbly urine from last 1.5 years I had done many usg and urine test I have a kidney stone of 5.5 mm in left kidney Nothing else seen all normal Even protien So cam you tell me tge cause of this urine.
Last few days I have a tendency to vomit and after urine pass tendency to pass again. Yesterday I have small stomach pain also. Is there any problem?
I am a football player. While playing a football match my left knee dashed with a player's knee. And now from that time my knee pains a lot. Its very hard to sit in Indian toilet. When the knee joint is fold and then when I stand up there is lot of pain in it. While running there is no issue. It happened in march'16. What exercise should I do?
1) I have L4-L5 extrusion seen in scan. Back started started when I did a severe exercise in nov, 2008. Pain sometimes lowers and sometime it aggravates. Severe back pain now at the lower back. 2) I have wrinkled skin and I have become more darker in the last 3 years. I am 40 years. I have works at night shifts till 2 am. Is that a problem for skin? 3) In the last 3 to 5 years, many reddish brown moles have come on the different parts of the body. Some black moles also. 4) Prostate is slightly large and I have frequent urination with residue of 15%. Pls advise.
I have high creatinine level and urine albumin -present+2, rbc-8, pus cells-4-6, wbc count 14300. Newly marriage and my wife was pregnant now so any problem for baby.
I am having frequent urination and albumin (+) doctor advice antibiotics, and frequent urination control tablets but no use till urinating frequently. My legs, hands and face swelling I am tested serum creatinine that is normal 1.1.then what is my problem how I control my frequent urination please provide proper tests and medicines.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.