Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas Prasad PerlaYour feedback matters!
I went for abdominal pelvic trasonography and as per results my prostate is. Moderately enlarged in size. Also parenchymal calcification noted. It measures 4.9:x3. 8x4.0 CMS.(vol. _40 cc). Impression is moderate prostatomegally. Consulting Doctor advice surgery. I am 59 years old male and diabetic. Though I can't control urination no problem while passing urine. Please let me know if surgery is required and if it can be cured through medicine. Thanks.
What is the treatment for nodes on neck. I have nodes on both side of my neck. Pet scan reports Neck Nodes: Pet Images: No abnormal FDG uptake within head and neck region. There is no hypermetabolic lymph node. Level 1A - 5 MM, Level 1B - left-5 mm, right- 5 mm, Level 2A Left- 6 mm, right 8 mm, Level 2B-left 4-4, mm, right - 4-5 mm Thorax: There is no hypermetabolic focus in lungs, mediastinum or axilla. Physiologic myocardial uptake is present. Abdomen and pelvis: Mesenteric nodesL few upto 5 mm Para-aortic nodes upto 7 mm Additional findings on CT Uterus- Small 2 cm intramural fibroid. Kindly suggest suitable treatment Thank you doctor
Before 1 week my uncle was admitted in hospital because of brain tumour and it was cancerous he had the operation there and it was successful but the doctor was saying that he can't live anymore only 3-4 months he is having and he is going for chemotherapy, is there any way to save his life ,so that he can live more.
I am 35 yo male. I have developed a painful node on my left upper breast. It's painful to touch. What it could be? It's been there for couple of weeks.
Am I possibly pregnant I had a depo shot and and two weeks later I had sex and I didn't get my period I took two pregnancy test both came out negative and I don't think they're right my body feels different I get heat flashes in my nipples, I got my period and I had cramps for three days but they were coming and fading away on the third day and I had a blood clot that had white in it so I don't know my boobs are also tender.
Lump discovered please help Hi, I have never had a lump in my breast before I'm 24 years old and I'm worried. The lump is on the same side as where I had an abscess removed recently. It's red and inflamed on the outside and tender to touch. Wondering what it could be, thanks .
My dad is suffering from lung cancer he is going under chemotherapy but his haemoglobin level is not rising. What should we do?
I am a 24-year-old girl. I have one lump in my left breast for over a year now. I got a mammography test done last year and it showed the lump was benign. But it is still there. What do I need to do to dissolve the lump? Please, advise.
What are the symptoms of cancer? How we know that in our body at any part there are chances of cancer?
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hello friends. I am Dr Saurabh Mishra. I am a senior consultant in Urology in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Now I am going to discuss something about Prostate. As you know prostate is a very common problem and it is not only seen by the urologist but so many other colleagues in the medical specialities, specially the physician. There are lot of myths and confusions about the Prostate in patients as well as the health care professionals. So, I would like to simplify the treatment methods for the prostate specially from the patient's point of view.
For the treatment protocol, we keep the patients into three categories;
- Those patients who are asymptomatic and incidently been detected an emlarged prostate. Anything above 20g prostate, we call it as enlarged prostate. So, suppose a patient have some symptoms, he has undergone ultarsound and enlarged prostate was picked up. Such patients lie in Group-1. They do not need any treatment and kept under observation. Once they face any problem, they are given appropriate treatment.
- Group-2 are those patients who suffer some urinary problems. Most commonly, they face frequent urine at night. In this category, they can have some obstructive features also. For example, they take long time to pass urine, the last part of the utine comes slowly that is called dribbling of urine. If these symptoms are present, the patient goes to the doctor and doctor evaluates and if no complicated factors are found then the medical treatment is started. So many medicines are available for the medical treatment of the Prostate. But unfortunately, most of them belong to same family. Due to this, if one drug fails to work then the options are least.
- Group-3 patients are those who have complications. The complication may include the recurrent urinary tract infection, recurrent blood in urine, either of the kidney or both the kidneys are enlarged, bladder stones etc. If these symptoms are present, then it becomes the complicated factor. If any of tehse factors or all of these are present in the patient, then these patients may directly be planned for the surgery and no medical treatment is incorporated in such patients.
Few things we come to know. I have never dicussed about the size of the prostate. That means the size of the prostate will not tell about the treatment. There are so many patients who took treatment from the physician also. So, to such patients, I want to clarify the thing that the treatment is not that complicated but the treatment should be incorporated. The patient should be clarifies about the problem and the treatment and the group should be evaluated for the patient.
Thank you so much.
Can tuberculosis of the lymph node (supraclavicular involved) can spread to lungs as well? Also my chest x-ray indicates normal condition of the lungs. But tb of lymph nodes as I've read indicates its infection primarily somewhere else (lungs, pancreas, spleen). Does it mean that pancreas or spleen may be involved?
Homeopathy is a sub arrangement of common cures in which extraordinary elements of substances from nature are utilised to form a mending and healing solution. The various homoeopathic treatments for cancer are:
- Calcarea fluorica [Calc-f]: This homoeopathic solution for cancer is most helpful for lumps, bits or solid growths in the female breast. It will keep up the improvement of cancer and needs to be considered dependable in the situations where the breast displays suspicious bumps.
- Lapis Albus [Lap-a]: A few instances of beginning tumours of the bosoms, showing the withdrawal of the areola, and the other trademark symptoms have been cured with this medication. It is of great use by and large for goitre. Lapis is used in the treatment of the dangerous uterine cancers where the discharge is dark and dangerous. Extreme smouldering pain all through the vaginal area takes place frequently.
- Silicea. [Sil]: This homoeopathic cure will regularly lessen the pain of cancer. Lupus and sarcoma with a thick yellow and hostile release are treated with this.
- Hecla magma. [Hecla]: Osteomata (Bone Cancer), not alleged ivory tumours, but rather those of a very long-lasting nature are cured with this.
- Conium. [Con]: Cancer in the mammary glands and the start of scirrhous is cured with this. It is particularly effective in treating the wounds and scars after surgery, it caters especially to glandular wounds. The epithelioma, extended gonads or uterine cancers are treated with this solution.
- Condurango. [Cund]: This homoeopathic solution for cancer has accomplished impressive results in terms of stomach cancer and different types of carcinoma. It alters the pain of open growth and carcinogenic ulcers.
- Baryta carbonic. [Bar-c]: Greasy tumours showing up here and there over the body are cured with this solution. It prevents them from advancing further.
- Baryta iodide. [Bar-i]: Hard carcinogenic tumours of the breast are treated with this. Ovarian cancer with a painful bump is also treated by the same. Phytolacca leads to fat development, and may prove to be a culprit in greasy cancers and additionally in hard, excruciating nodes in the breast. Cancers of the breast especially when the tumours are hard, painful and purple are treated with it. It goes about as a retentive in fibroid tumours of the uterus.
- Arsenicum. [Ars]: This homoeopathic cure relates to the general problems of the cancer diathesis. However, we have different cures, which may force more control over the growth. It is said to be the right treatment for lupus. Its unique properties help in any type of tumour, be it cancerous or not. The sharp blazing and throbbing pain is also treated by this homoeopathic cure. According to the principles of homoeopathy, the patient is to be dealt with, not the illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.