Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Narayanam
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas NarayanamYour feedback matters!
Suffering from renal failure. Creatinine is 5, with high potassium. Dialysis was done once in the month of april this year. taking renal diet as per doctors advice. Tendency of increasing creatinine. What to do? Do you suggest transplantation?
When we talk about health, the kidneys are rarely spoken of. These unsung heroes are responsible for filtering waste out of our bodies and ensuring that only clean blood flows through our system. The kidneys are a pair of small, bean-shaped organs located at the back of the abdomen. Along with removing waste from the blood, the kidneys also balance electrolytes and control the fluid balance in the body. Thus, keeping the kidneys healthy is as important as keeping the heart and lungs healthy.
Kidney stones are the most common condition that can affect these organs. Other conditions that can affect the kidneys include inflammation of the kidneys, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome and cysts. Thankfully, keeping the kidneys healthy is easy. Here are a few things you can do to improve the health of your kidneys.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to kidney health. Ideally, a person should drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water helps control the production of aldosterone- a hormone that regulates blood pressure- by the adrenal glands and helps the kidneys retain enough water and sodium to balance blood volume levels. If the kidneys do not get enough water, the adrenal glands are stressed into increasing blood pressure levels.
- Limit consumption of caffeine: We drink caffeine in many ways- sodas, coffee, tea etc. While caffeine may act as a stimulant and keep you focused on what you are doing in the short run, in the long run, it dehydrates the body. Dehydration can also lead to the formation of kidney stones. Hence reduce your caffeine intake and instead drink more water and fresh juices.
- Quit smoking: Smoking not only affects the lungs but also damages blood vessels thus decreasing blood flow to the kidneys thus preventing the optimal functioning of the kidneys. Smoking can also increase one’s risk of suffering from renal cancer.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise benefits all parts of your body including the kidneys. Regular exercise reduces blood pressure and helps keep the blood moving. This can help prevent kidney diseases and a number of other conditions. Ideally, aim for half an hours exercise a day at the least.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruits like grapes, apples and blueberries and vegetables like spinach, beets, garlic and red bell peppers help improve kidney functioning. Women should also include oestrogen boosting foods like chickpeas, fennel, tomatoes, cherries and carrots in their diet to protect themselves against kidney damage and fibrosis. Foods that are low in gluten, sugar and soy also help reduce the risk of kidney inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually caused by inflammation or bacteria in the urinary tract. Pregnant mothers are most susceptible to this infection, especially after the sixth week and before the twenty fourth week of pregnancy. This usually happens due to the alterations that take place in the urinary tract during pregnancy.
Also, a growing uterus can block the urine drainage from this part of the body, leading to the accumulation of bacteria which causes infection. The symptoms are uncomfortable and even painful. These include pain and burning sensation, frequent urination, fever and chills. So how can you prevent UTI during pregnancy? we have a few tips for you!
- Hydration: The best thing you can do to both prevent and treat a urinary tract infection is to start drinking at least six to eight glasses of water in a day. Another good way to prevent and treat UTIs is with the help of cranberry juice which has powerful antioxidants that flush toxins out of your system effectively. You will, however, need to ensure that the cranberry juice is fresh and natural, without any sweeteners.
- Hygiene: Keeping yourself clean is one of the most important ways in which you can avoid UTI. It is best to clean from front to back, rather than the other way, so that you drive away bacteria and dirt. Also, make sure that you wash your private parts with warm water infused with a few drops of normal liquid antibacterial, so that you can be sure that the bacteria do not get a chance to thrive and affect your system. Also, remember to use soaps, washes and creams that have a mild formula, rather than a harsh chemical concoction. Hygiene for this area of the body includes keeping it dry.
- Diet: Your diet should have plenty of fluids and lemons or other citrus food that are rich in vitamin c, as this is a good vitamin to keep bacteria at bay. Also, you should eliminate sweet and refined products to ensure that you do not contract UTI. Other foods to avoid include caffeine and alcohol.
- Clothing: Wear airy and cotton based undergarments that are breathable and have a soft texture. This non abrasive type clothing can also help in keeping the area dry, so that bacteria does not get a chance to develop, as they typically need a damp environment for growth. Change your undergarments twice a day, if need be, and avoid wearing trousers and shorts that are too tight.
These tips and many others including urinating as soon as the urge sets in, can help in fighting the risk of contracting UTI during pregnancy.
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate Juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural Celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva Ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are Ayurvedic remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.
I m 21 years old male. I have some some problem like frequent urinating and when I drink water I have pee in 10-15 mins and also I have not any problem while urinating and liquid is coming every time. Before some time I had problem of frequent urinate after masturbation but now this problem is getting frequent. I m neither alcoholic or drug addicted.
My grandmother is 85 years old. From last few days she complaint for the back pain and today urine report was came. In which wbc count is 35400, polymorphic 96% + lymphocytes 4% + pus cells are many and red cells are many. So please suggest what to do?
Acute kidney failure is the kidney's inability to filter waste from the blood. As soon as the kidney loses the filtering ability, a humungous amount of body waste gets accumulated in the kidney and the chemical makeup of the body goes out of balance. Kidney or renal failure can progress tremendously from hours to days. This is a condition that is mostly witnessed in critical patients who are already hospitalized. This condition can prove to be fatal but can be reversed with treatment and medication. Here is a list of things one should do whilst suffer from kidney failure:
Lifestyle and dietary adjustments
During the phase of recovery, the medical team might assist a patient to go a special diet and limit the activity of the kidney so that they get the required time to heal. A nephrologist often routes this cases to a dietician or carefully analyses the present diet to lock up on the diet required for a speedy recovery:
Lower amount of potassium in food: Food with low potassium content is often recommended by the doctor. It ensures that kidney does not stress itself. Foods to avoid include spinach, bananas, oranges, tomato and potato. Some of the foods that need to be included in the diet are cabbage, strawberries, apples and grapes. Furthermore, food must be consumed in small quantities but in multiple servings.
Limit the amount of phosphorus in food: Phosphorus is found in abundant quantities in food items such as peanut butter, milk, dried beans, cheese and nuts. Along with skin itchiness, phosphorus can weaken the bone as well. A dietitian might share special instructions on how to cut down the amount of phosphorus and the substitute food to counter the effect of the above-mentioned ones.
Avoid salty products: It is extremely necessary to cut down food items that contain an excess amount of salt in it. Food products such as the canned soup, frozen dinner, and fast food are the major culprits in worsening the condition. Processed meats and cheese are equally bad.
Preventive measures to avoid kidney failure:
- OTC pain medications: It is necessary to check the label of over the counter pain medications. Consumption of too many OTC medications can result in kidney failure. A pre-existing kidney condition can further aggravate this condition.
- A healthy lifestyle: A sensible lifestyle with simple diet can do wonders for a kidney to be healthy in the long-term. Some of the other things to keep in mind include doing regular exercise, refrain from alcohol or drug abuse and remain active throughout the day.
- Consult a doctor: Even a hint of a kidney problem should be discussed with a doctor to ensure that even the smallest of problems can be addressed at the earliest.