Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Konda
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas KondaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 23 year old male. Since from the last 4 months I am getting below the knee joint pains and also I am feeling very fatigue for small work's compared to past. Regularly I will maintain 2 eggs and 500 ml of milk with protinex powder in my diet. Please suggest to solve my issue.
I am 26 years old and always think about sex. Is it age issue or what? Because I can not concentrate on my work properly.
I am diabetic and have thyroid problem for which I am taking medicine. I am 58 years. My skin is very dry and wrinkled and I have itchiness which turns into black spots especially my hands and feet. Could you suggest some remedy for the same.
I am getting small bubbles in my tongue. Its itching little so I am trying to burst that. But this again coming in many part of my tongue in tiny size. Its not like usual wounds which occurs inside the cheeks and under the tongue due to vitamin deficiency. Could you please advise me on this.
My daughter suffering a very high problem cough take a day 20-30 times and she is only 3 months old please help us.
I am lean and thin my digesting system is not well it become difficult to digest protein what should I do?
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi Im 25 years old. I'm really worrying about my foreskin. While I masturbate and my penis was erect, the foreskin was going back but not beyond the head of the penis (as shown in many porn movies. Is this is really a problem. Will I have problem in sex after marriage.
Tartar - what is it?
Although you take good oral care at home, there is still bacteria in your mouth. Bacteria mixes with food and proteins and forms a sticky substance called plaque. This forms a coat on your teeth, gets under the gum line and damages the teeth and the gums.
Whenever you eat something, the bacteria releases acids, which damage the tooth enamel and create cavities leading to infected and inflamed gums. If the plaque is removed regularly, permanent tooth decay can be prevented.
However, plaque that settles on the teeth hardens to form tartar that only a dentist or a dental hygienist can remove.
How are teeth and gums effected by tartar?
Tartar makes brushing and flossing harder which can lead to cavities and eventually tooth decay.
If tartar forms above your gums line, the bacteria present in it irritate and damage the gums and overtime lead to progressive gum diseases.
Gingivitis is the mildest form of gum disease. Visiting a dentist regularly alongside brushing and flossing daily can keep gingivitis away from you. Otherwise, the damage can worsen to such an extent that pockets form between the teeth and gums and bacteria infects the gums. This is called periodontitis.
How to control tartar build-up
The best way however is not to let tartar form on the teeth.
1) dental care
Brush twice a day for at least 3 minutes with a soft toothbrush. Ensure that you brush the rear surface and the rear molars too.
Electronic or powered toothbrushes have been proven to get rid of plaque better than the manual ones, but make sure that they are ada approved.
If you choose a tartar control toothpaste with fluoride, you can prevent plaque from hardening into tartar. Fluoride repairs the enamel damage too. Toothpastes that have triclosan also fight the bacteria in plaque.
Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from between the teeth and keep out tartar formation.
2) proper diet
The bacteria in your mouth along with starchy and sugary foods release harmful acids to damage the teeth and the gums. Remember that whenever you eat, you are feeding the bacteria too. Hence, limit the intake of sugary foods, brush and floss after every meal and drink lots of water.
3) quit smoking
People who smoke or chew tobacco products succumb to tartar build-up.
A dentist only can remove the tartar from your teeth. Accordingly, visit a dentist once in 3 months to prevent any further oral problems.