Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas JuluriYour feedback matters!
The study shows the test which monitors the blood levels of dna fragments from dead cancer cells helps in tracking the severity and potential spread of the skin cancer
What are the basic symptoms of blood cancer and treatment and control of the blood cancer? If any person is suffering from blood cancer at that time what type of food is suitable for him?
I have done oral cancer surgery in my right upper jaw. Removed. I am not able to open my mouth adequately. It is only 2.4 CMS open. One finger measure. What to do open the mouth fully i.e three fingers breadth?
My father is having rectal cancer which we diagnosed after 1 month. The doctor has done the surgery but now the cancer has reached stage IIIb nd 4 lymph nodes are infiltrated. The doctor is now saying tht we will have to do 6 chemotherapy in every 21 days. Is there a danger to wait 21 days as the tumour is spreading nd we do not want it reach stage IIIb or stage 4. Please suggest something.
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My mother has lump in left breast Dr. Advised for fnac and mammography all the results are normal but Dr. notice beginning of going (thyroid) in neck and recommended the following medicines 1 primosa very costly contain promos oil 1000 mg and fatty acids one capsule cost 16 rs 2 chymoral forte 3. Evian 400 mg Is this treatment ok please suggest how to treat lump in breast and going in neck pls reply in.
There has been a lot of speculation about bread so should we continue eating bread or not because in the news they are telling that it causes dangerous diseases like cancer please help?
My wife 's cousin suffering from breast pain and she is 15 years old she is living jakarta with parents could please tell me there is a doctor who join lybra+e and they comfortable to talk.
I am 25 year old and I want to know about skin cancer, my forehead skin getting black these days. What should I do? is it a symptoms of skin cancer? Please help me.
I am an 18 year old girl from India. I spent the whole day (10am to 4pm) in the direct sun without sunscreen and without covering my face, hands or legs. Will I get skin cancer?
I am 65 of sound health without any illness n medicine intake history. What test should I undertake to know I am Cancer free? My maternal side has Cancer history including my mother hence the scare.
Hpv vaccine update
Three different vaccines, which vary in the number of HPV types they contain, are available
- A bivalent vaccine, targets hpv types 16 and 18
- A quadrivalent hpv vaccine, targets hpv types 6, 11, 16, and 18
- A 9-valent vaccine, targets the same hpv types as the quadrivalent vaccine (6, 11, 16, and 18) as well as types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58
- If cost and availability are not issues, use 9-valent vaccine for individuals for whom hpv vaccination is indicated
- Infection with human papillomavirus&nbsp;(hpv) types 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 is implicated in approximately 90 percent of invasive cervical cancers.
- Two types associated with genital warts are (6 and 11)
- Routine immunization should be offered to boys and girls aged 11 to 12, but can be administered as early as nine years of age. Catch-up vaccination should be offered to males between the ages of 13 to 21 and females between 13 to 26 years who have not been previously vaccinated. Repeat vaccination with the 9-valent vaccine is likely not warranted for individuals who have completed a series with a different HPV vaccine.
- Persistent viral infection with carcinogenic HPV types causes virtually all cancer of the cervix and most cases of anal cancer. The carcinogenic types, HPV 16 and HPV 18, which are targeted by the current HPV vaccines, cause approximately 70 percent of all cervical cancers worldwide and 72 percent of anal cancers. Hpv types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 are estimated to cause an additional 19 percent of invasive cervical cancers. Hpv 6 and HPV 11 cause approximately 90 percent of genital warts.
- Hpv immunization is most effective among individuals who have not yet been infected with HPV (eg, before sexual debut).
- The quadrivalent vaccine and 9-valent are administered in three doses at time zero and at two and six months of follow-up. The bivalent vaccine is administered in three doses at time zero, and at one and six months of follow-up.
- Cervical cancer screening is recommended for any woman 21 years of age or older.
- Clinicians should be aware that HPV immunization is not effective in clearing cytologically evident disease or HPV infection that is already present.
My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago, with stage1 (2.2cm). Her nodes were clean. After complete breast surgery she was given chemo. Now at the same time, there was a lump of 5 mm on lower left lung which has now grown to 1.1cm. Doctor has taken that out now. Now the histopathology of the tissue is concluded at metastatic breast cancer. My question if the old tumor was removed at a stage 1, how come it had spread to lung? Metastatic takes place in stage3 /4. Is it possible the biopsy is wrong? What should we do here?
Dr. what are the symptoms of cancer how we can identify it in earlier stage. And does it curable if we identify it.
I am 68 years old taking treatment for type 2 diabetes and bp. I had undergone prostate enlargement operation, bye pass surgery and operation for stones in kidney in the year 2009. Now my sugar level is less than 200 and bp is130/80. The problem is I go for twice in a week for bowls and it is hard please advice.
I am 64 years old man. I have undergone cabg in 2012. Now my tsh level is 6.5. Earlier 6 months back it was 14. I have been taking tablet thyronorm 25 mcg since last 6 months. My weight is 58 kg. Taking following medicines: nebicard 2.5 1-0-0. Ecosprin75mg 0-1-0. Stiloz50mg. 1-0-1. Crevast 5mg 0-0-1 and also taking flodart plus for B.P.H. (middle lobe enlargement) psa less than 2. Please give your free medical advice on this medication.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.