Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Chilukuri
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas ChilukuriYour feedback matters!
Prostatitis is a very common infection of the prostate. However, it is worth to note that prostatitis can also be an inflammation of the prostate without infection. Only 5 to 10 percent of prostatitis is caused by bacterial infection. Prostate cancer does not normally have its chances increased by prostatitis. There are several forms of prostatitis, including acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis and chronic nonbacterial prostatitis (which is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
The exact cause for prostatitis is not known, but here are some factors which increase its risk, particularly acute bacterial prostatitis.
- Medical instrumentation: Putting an instrument like a urinary catheter may well cause prostatitis.
- Rectal intercourse: This is basically another name for anal sex.
- Abnormal urinary tract: The urinary tract comprises of the bladders, kidneys, ureters and urethra. If any one of these organs gets infected, then prostatitis is much more likely.
- Bladder infection: A bladder infection may well spread to the prostate.
Prostatitis has a variety of symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Constant need of urination: This is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis.
- Difficulty when urinating: Just like the constant need of urination, difficulty urinating is also a sign that you may have prostatitis.
- Pain while urinating: This is because the prostate gland is a part of your urinary tract and if it does not work properly, there will be pain.
- Chills and fever: This is a rarer symptom, but may indicate prostatitis if it is coupled with the other symptoms.
- Pain in perineal area and genital organs: If you are experiencing pain in genital organs, than it may indicate prostatitis.
- Painful ejaculations or relief of perineal pain after ejaculations: If you are having painful ejaculation or the pain arises after ejaculation, then it may be due to prostatitis.
- Hematospermia: Pinkish or brownish semen.
If these symptoms are persistent or bothersome, then a proper consultation is required. Evaluation includes physical examination along with few simple tests. This can be followed by proper treatment for cure or relief of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a Ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through Ayurveda are mentioned here.
- Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many Indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in India since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
- Green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant: Green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is not only used in Ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.
Hello Doctor, I am using mosquito's agarbatti since two months. It's smoking cause any cancer. Please tell me. I have stomach ulcers during this period. I am suffering from cancer please tell me.
Can leukoplakia turn into cancer if tobacco and smoking is stopped will it regress. What is the treatment. Please advice.
Hello sir my mother is granulosa cell tumour cancer patient. She is 70 years old is doctor rejected to give chemotherapy. Is there any laser treatment to remove the tumour if that is the case to whom we have contact.
What are the symptoms of colorectum / anal cancer? What are the possibilities of a healthy 23 year old who does not smoke drink vegetarian and no family history of cancer of any kind having colon rectum n anal cancer? I have the following problem since yesterday. I traveled to a place which was super hot and I dint keep myself hydrated at all bcuz of this when I went to pass motion I had to strain myself a lot. Then the 2 other times that I used the toilet, there was no pain the stool was ok with no blood but had little mucus. But after I cleaned the anal area with water I saw a little bloody mucus coming out and when I put water I get a pricking sensation. I had Anal fissure a month back which was cured with medicines. I read about colon rectum n anal cancer on Google. And now m very scared bcuz the symptom they mentioned are same as mine. Can I get a clear guidance from a doctor on this? I know this problem is something that should be examined. And I will go to a doctor in person. But as off now only this one question is bothering me whether the symptoms I mentioned suggest cancer?
Good morning everyone, my name is Dr Ninad Katdare I am a cancer surgeon and I specialise in gastrointestinal cancers and gynaec cancer and something called as peritonial cancers. So today I will be telling you about ovarian cancer so basically I am a surgical oncologist I work at 5 different hospitals in Mumbai first is Global Hospital second is Raheja hospital at Mahim third is H.N. Reliance hospital at Charni Road and BSES MG hospital in Andheri and SCG hospital at Borivali. So let's start our lecture on ovarian cancer, basic early ovarian cancer is one of the most common cancers in women and you must know about it and it is the most deadliest of the cancers the maximum number of women would die from gynaecological cancer are due to ovarian cancer. So I will speak mainly on the various aspects the staging and the treatment protocols, so to begin with ovarian cancer can be in four stages. There are stages by something called as the Figo staging which you will see in next slide. So the Figo Staging stages the cancer according to where it is localised to the ovary or whether it has spread to the pelvis or out side of the pelvis into the rest of the abdomen and the last stage 4 stage is when it spread beyond the abdomen. So in the first three stages you can potentially cure the patient. So there are very vague signs and symptoms to ovarian cancer they can be persistent distinction of abdomen, wake pain in the abdomen, constipation for a pro long duration of time, vague, aches and pain in the abdomen. So if you have any of this problem you should get it evaluated by a gynecologist or surgical oncologist. The first most commonest test which we do is a tumor marker called as CA 125 and sonography of the abdomen if there are any suspicious finding then the second investigation which is commonly done whether it is CT scan or an MRI. So based on these two test and on the clinical examination you are able to stage the disease, if there are some doubtful findings where the ovarian masses can be secondary to cancer in other organs of the body like the stomach or a colorectal cancer then the endoscopy of the stomach or the colonoscopy of the colon will required. So once the diagnosis of ovarian cancers confirmed for stage 1 stage 2 and stage 3 the first step is always surgery, contrary to the routine treatment protocol which are done in India especially for stage 3, we always prefer a surgery this surgery is called as cytoreduction. Basically, even if there is water in the abdomen which is called as ascitis, but if the diseases is of table which is evaluated by the MRI and by the laparoscopy. So even in statge 3, the chemotherapy should not be given first because if you do the surgery first and we are able to remove all the disease the survival of the patient is much higher. Though cytoreduction is a not possible in each and every patient but in selected patients if you can remove the whole disease the survival live in the stage 3 ovarian cancer is almost more than 50%. So basically what we do in the cytoreduction, is we open the entire of abdomen and remove all the diseases not only the ovaries we remove the uterus and also something called as a omentum we remove the appendix and if required we remove the inner lining of the abdomen called as peritonium and any other diseases which is present in whole the abdominal cavity is removed through very supra major surgery called as cytoreduction which may last for anywhere between 6 to 10 hours. But if you are able to remove each and every part of the disease visible to the naked eye then the cure its even a stage 3 ovarian cancer are very high and once the surgery is done and the patient recovers from that you can give chemotherapy. Even in stage 4 cancer we have new technologies available where in we can try for a cure, this therapy is called as a Hipec therapy. What is Hipec stands for, it stands for Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. In this basically the cytoreduction which I mentioned previously is done and once the procedure is over you have to use this technology and circulate the heated chemotherapy in the abdominal cavity and once this is circulated for anywhere between 60 to 90 minutes and then the abdominal cavity is washed and close like in a normal surgery. So with this Hypec and one more new technology called as Pipec, you can even get better cure its in stage 3 and in somewhere cases of stage 4 cancer. So these technologies are all done by me in various hospitals where ever. So this is how even with the advanced ovarian cancers nowadays we can get good success rates, thank you. If you want any more information you can contact me through lybrate.com.