Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Chakravarthy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas ChakravarthyYour feedback matters!
I have periods once in 15 days since last month this is the 4th time and have been anemic, tested for thyroid issue but everything is normal but blood count has gone low please help.
Psychotherapy is essentially a conversation which involves listening to and talking with those in trouble with the aim of helping them understand and resolve their predicament. Therapeutic listening is not passive but involves alert and sympathetic participation in what troubles the client. Psychotherapy is not superficial chat and does not seek quick, temporary relief by suggestion. It involves talking honestly and with increasing familiarity and intimacy between people who are equally committed to understanding the sufferer and his problem, with the aim of bringing about the change . It is difficult to draw a line of demarcation between psychotherapy and counselling.
Psychotherapy is classified broadly into three categories: Supportive psychotherapy, Re-educative psychotherapy and Reconstructive Psychotherapy. Though all the categories are equally effective in treating psychological problems, supportive psychotherapy is found to be simple, easy to implement and effective in solving sexual problems.
Supportive Psychotherapy :
The objectives are (a) strengthening the existing defenses (b) restoring to an adaptive equilibrium (c) elaborating new and better mechanisms of maintaining control.
Approaches applied under supportive psychotherapy are : Guidance : It aims at a specific disturbing problem that interferes with the adjustment . This includes education about the problem and social relationship.
- Tension control: Tension provokes a variety of psychological symptoms that divert the person from concentrating on the tasks. Of the methods used to control this tension are self relaxation, self hypnosis , meditation and yoga. All these methods have basically 4 principles namely , minimization of external stimuli , focus on single stimulus , a state of passivity and comfortable position.
- Externalisation of interests : By providing varied types of activites such as sports, crafts, games, fine arts the client is enocouraged to resume activities that were once meaningful to him. This contributes to lessening of the neurotic symptoms .
- Reassurance : it is particularly valuable in cases of severely distressed clients who lack the capacity to handle their anxiety through their own resources.
- Prestige suggestion : the suggestion is accepted when it comes from prestigious authority. Hypnosis is important for reinforcing prestige suggestion.
- Ventilation : this is most common method of relieving emotional tension. One talks over his problems with a professional person. The beneficial effects are due to the release of pent up feelings and emotions.
- Somatic therapy : this is an adjunct rather any from of psychotherapy, and has a positive effect on the morale of the client. It includes pharmacotherapy, psychosurgery, convulsive therapy etc.
Will the follicle rupture every month? When I did follicular study, I had injection (HCG) to rupture it. Does that mean that I have issues in ovulating? Will it be because of any hormonal imbalance?
I have red itching spots on inner side of my thigh near genital area. Have slight pain in vagina during urination and foul smell and few blood drops.
Believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The various minerals and vitamins (A, B, C, K) in papaya help improve immunity and prevents infections. It also promotes healing of burns and wounds.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants, flavonoids and fibre help in cholesterol/plaque accumulation in the arteries. The lipid and triglyceride content can also be reduced with regular consumption of papayas.
- Digestive benefits: The enzyme papain contained in papaya is quite effective in reducing the damage caused by eating junk and oily foods. It helps in breaking down proteins and is, therefore, useful as a home remedy for indigestion. It is also rich in fiber and helps relieve constipation.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content in papaya combined with the low calories (a medium sized fruit contains about 110 calories) is a boon to diabetes patients. They can eat to their full content without feeling guilty of the sugar levels. Some people also consume the flowers (sautéed in oil) to control diabetes.
- Arthritis: The various minerals (potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium) in papaya can help keep a check on arthritis and bone and joint pains in the long run.
- Weight loss/ cleansing/ detox: The various minerals and vitamins along with the rich fiber content ensure you get a good detox of the system. Papaya is one of the widely used fruits in people who want to lose weight.
- Antiaging effects: The antioxidants which reduce the rate of inflammation and the multiple vitamins help in looking younger by improving skin, hair, and overall immunity levels.
- Stress buster: Again, the antioxidants and vitamins (C in particular) is a good way to refresh your energy after a long tiring day.
- Anti-cancer.effects: The flavonoids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants help to prevent free radical damage which is the main cause of cancer. They also contain beta carotene which helps control prostate and colon cancer.
- Eye health: The beta carotene, vitamin A, and lutein help in improving moisture in the eyes and controlling macular degeneration.
- Hair health: The scalp produces sebum which is rich in vitamin A. Papaya when applied to the scalp gives the same effect as sebum, which keeps the hair shiny, silky, and lustrous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.