Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas ChakravarthyYour feedback matters!
Caesarean section or C-section is fairly common today and most mothers do not realize that once their incision has healed completely, the scar tissue problems can still occur. Unfortunately, there are no instructions for how to heal and care for C-section scars after they go home. The general post-operative instructions from hospital include a list of activities to avoid like lifting heavy articles and driving.
Caesarean scars can cause pain well after they've healed. This happen at the site of incision, but in other areas as well. It's important to remember that the scar you see on a mother's lower abdomen is just one spot that scar tissue has formed. There are also internal scars which can spread throughout the body over a time period. This scar tissue can cause lingering pain and dysfunction well after labour and delivery.
When our body tissue gets damaged, scar tissue forms. After a C-section, scar tissue forms along the abdomen and uterus as part of the natural healing process. Caesarean scars can be painful and mothers feel pain or tightness in their scars when they are reaching, leaning, lifting or standing up straight. The scar can cause muscle, connective tissue, and nerve damage in areas adjacent to scarred area. Over time this can lead to pelvic pain, bowel problems like constipation and irritable bowel syndrome and painful sex.
C-section scars are typically located in an area where they can entrap nerves. This can cause pain and also create an urgency or frequency to urinate. The best thing for a new mother is rest and recovery and doing too much, too soon, after a caesarean is a health risk. It is important that to keep incision clean, eat well and avoid lifting heavy articles to support healing. It is recommended that mothers have lymphatic and myofascial massage two days prior to surgery and as soon as possible post-surgery. Lymphatic massage is a light massage assisting in drainage and allows the collagen to align with the incision.
At three months post-caesarean mothers can begin scar tissue release therapy that involves massaging of the scar tissue so it becomes softer and more flexible like the surrounding skin and internal tissues. It needs to be done with three dimensional focus, slowly and gently separating the adhered tissues in all directions. The scar tissue release therapy painful with a burning sensation for some mothers, while some only feel mild discomfort or no pain at all.
Regardless of the age of the scar, one could get benefits from scar tissue release therapy from injuries to burns to surgical scars. Surface and internal scarring from surgeries could be contributing to many of the issues. Sometimes scarring is just a piece of the puzzle of your pain and so a pelvic floor physiotherapy in addition to scar tissue release therapy is recommended. The scar tissue release therapy reduces the appearance of C-section scars. It softens tissues and increases circulation, which all lead to a lightening in colour of the C-Section scar.
I am a mother of a 32 weeks premature baby, am unable to breast feed my baby as m not getting milk, used an electric feeding pump too but of no use, what I have to do for breast feeding my baby.
I got married since 1 year and, 5mnt ago still awaiting for our first child. My wife doesn't want for doctor consultation as she Dnt like for that. I would like to know continues sex can result in pregnancy at least how many times we need to play in a week. Kindly suggest any table or syrups for effective.
Hi we are married since 1year and stayed together for 4months only bzc I moved out of city. Now v r going to live together and we need baby. Some one guided me to have sex on 9-12th day for pregnancy. But my question is that if we continue sex after 12th day also how to detect pregnancy? So please adv when to do sex when to stop?
I am not having periods for 65 days now and my pregnancy kit test was also negative. I took 2 tests one was 8 days back. I m not understanding what to do?
Its about my sisters health she is having Fibroids in Utters she says no for operation pls suggest me she is suffering from 7 years.
Hello doctor, Can you help me by telling any of infertility specialist near by faridabad who can treat blocked tubes (one tube is blocked and other is partially blocked shown in HSG test). As my tubes are blocked due to D&C did in march 2015. As my first pregnancy turned into miscarriage in march 2015 and I had conceived in jan 2015 and married in dec 2015.
Tubal ligation involves a surgical procedure in which the fallopian tubes of a woman are either cut or tied. The procedure is aimed at preventing the passage of eggs from the ovaries to the fallopian tubes, where they are usually fertilized by a sperm. A gynaecologist is the one who performs the surgery, and it is a permanent birth control method for women.
Tubal Ligation Methods
The different ways in which tubal ligation can be done are:
- Laparoscopy: This is usually done with general anesthesia wherein surgical tools and viewing instruments are inserted through two small incisions made in the abdomen and then the tubes are clipped.
- A Postpartum tubal ligation: This is usually done within 24-36 hours of childbirth. The fallopian tubes are at a higher position after childbirth, so a small incision is made under the belly button and the tubes are stitched closed.
Expectations after Surgery
- You will need no more birth control backup method after the surgery.
- The gas used during the surgery might still be left inside your stomach; as a result your stomach might be a bit swollen as a result, but it goes away usually in one or two days.
- You should make sure not to rub or disturb the incision for about a week while you take a bath.
How well does Tubal Ligation work?
Tubal ligation is a form of permanent birth control as it is quite efficient in stopping the passage of eggs to the fallopian tubes. Statistics show that about 5 out of 1000 women run the chance of pregnancy after the surgery; most of them were either pregnant during the time of the surgery or the surgery wasn't done correctly.
Possible risk factors
There are no major complications in case of tubal ligation. But there are certain risks which should be considered:
- Minor risks-Either wound separation or infection.
- Major risks-There can be some cases of heavy blood loss or organ injury due to faulty surgical techniques.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tubal Ligation Advantage
Being a permanent method of birth control, it allows you to be sexually active without anxiety of pregnancy.
Tubal ligation doesn't stop you from contracting sexually transmitted diseases, so make sure to protect yourselves against them.
After taking trigger my follicle on day 15th and 16th the dominant follicle got partially ruptured (its only shrink in size. Dr. told me there is a mild fluid in POD and haemorrhagic cyst. Do I need another trigger for rupture? Is there is a chance to become pregnant in this cycle?
I am 22 year old girl. If I suck my boyfriends penis, is there any chance to get pregnant? Please advice.
Contrary to popular belief, not all bacteria are harmful to us. Within our body, each 'human' cell is complemented by 10 microbial cells. These range from bacteria in the gut to viruses and fungi in other parts of the body. Gut bacteria help us to digest food, produce vitamins, communicate with the immune system and create small molecules that help the brain to function.
Thus, it is essential to have a healthy gut, by which we mean a gut with plenty of friendly bacteria. There are many different types of bacteria living in the gut. Each of these thrive on different foods. Thus to have a healthy gut, your diet should include a variety of cereals, fruits, and vegetables, etc. Here are a few tips to keep your gut bacteria healthy.
- Increase your fiber intake: A diet that is rich in fiber is the best way to promote the growth of diverse microbes in the gut. This includes fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, cereals and nuts. Fiber also helps prevent constipation and has been linked to lowering the risk of cancer. To prevent the buildup of gas and bloating it is advisable to increase intake of fiber and drink plenty of water with all your meals.
- Include probiotic foods in your diet: Probiotics need not only be taken in the form of supplements. This can easily be incorporated into your daily diet. These can be defined as live bacteria and yeasts that help the digestive system. Yogurt is one of the most common sources of probiotics. Kimchi or fermented vegetables, miso, cheese, buttermilk, fermented condiments and lentil sprouts are other examples of probiotic foods you should include in your diet.
- Try having some carminatives in your meals: Carminative foods soothe the digestive system of the body. Some common carminatives are cumin, ginger, oatmeal, cardamom, cinnamon and fennel. While cumin helps with the digestion of black beans, cooked oatmeal lines the stomach and soothes it.
- Eat weight loss friendly food: Being overweight not only affects how you look, but also affects the digestion process. When you lose weight one of the first things you would notice is a lowered amount of abdominal discomfort as your gut begins to feel healthier.
This is because weight loss lowers the pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter. This does not allow the valve to open more than necessary and hence prevents food and stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus. Along with increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables, switch your cooking oil to olive oil and notice the difference.
I am 37 weeks pregnant. Did my ultra sound this week. My baby weighs 2.5 KGS. Drs considered it to b a low weight n prescribed me with aminofit tablet. Is it necessary to use this tablet? Or can I increase my baby's weight through my food?
Asking your doctor if an antiobiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection; and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.
I feel alot of pain during sex m newly married and my husband try to sex with me but we have to stop at the beginning because I feel excess of pain any medicine to reduce all the pain during and after sex.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition.
In short just 'Eat by the season' to stay healthy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My spouse got cracked nipple problem. She has 15 month baby with breastfeeding. She is using nipcare cream and some antibiotics which was prescribed by her doctor but not getting relief.
I want to ask that I do sex with my partner without protective equipment. But after 48 hours later I give ipill to her. I have question that is there anything about worry. She is of 15. Plzz ans. Me.
हृदय रोगों में कई तरह की स्थितियां शामिल हैं, जो आपके दिल को प्रभावित करती हैं। इसमें हृदय की विफलता, कोरोनरी धमनी रोग, अतालता, एनजाइना, और अन्य हृदय से संबंधित संक्रमण, अनियमितताओं, और जन्म दोष शामिल हैं। "हृदय रोग" शब्द का प्रयोग अक्सर "कार्डियोवास्कुलर रोग" शब्द के साथ एक दूसरे के स्थान पर किया जाता है। कार्डियोवास्कुलर बीमारी आम तौर पर उन परिस्थितियों को संदर्भित करती है, जो हृदय में संकुचित या अवरुद्ध रक्त वाहिकाओं को शामिल करते हैं, जो हृदय का दौरा, सीने में दर्द (एनजाइना) या स्ट्रोक पैदा कर सकते हैं।
एक संतृप्त वसा युक्त आहार, गतिहीन जीवन शैली, शराब का दुरुपयोग, उच्च रक्तचाप, मधुमेह कुछ ऐसे कारक हैं, जो हृदय रोगों के खतरे को बढ़ा सकते हैं।
हृदय रोगों के लक्षण
दिल की बीमारी के लक्षण बीमारी के प्रकार पर निर्भर करते हैं। वास्तव में कभी-कभी हृदय रोगों के लक्षणों को ध्यान में रखना मुश्किल हो सकता है, या वे किसी प्रारंभिक लक्षणों के बिना भी पेश हो सकते हैं।
आपके रक्त वाहिकाओं में हृदय रोग के लक्षण (एथोरसक्लोरोटिक रोग)
कार्डियोवस्कुलर रोग संकुचित, अवरुद्ध या कठोर रक्त वाहिकाओं के कारण होता है, जो आपके हृदय, मस्तिष्क या आपके शरीर के अन्य हिस्सों को पर्याप्त रक्त प्राप्त करने से रोकते हैं। पुरुषों और महिलाओं के लिए हृदय रोग के लक्षण भिन्न भी हो सकते हैं। कुछ लक्षण हैं:
- साँसों की कमी
- सीने में दर्द (एनजाइना)
- गर्दन, जबड़े, गले, ऊपरी पेट या पीठ में दर्द
- अपने पैरों या हाथों में दर्द, स्तब्ध हो जाना, कमजोरी या शीतलता, आपके शरीर के उन हिस्सों में जिन में रक्त वाहिकाएं संकुचित है।
कार्डियोवास्कुलर रोग का निदान मुश्किल हो सकता है। यह हो सकता है कि, जब तक आपको दिल का दौरा, एनजाइना, स्ट्रोक या दिल की विफलता न हो, तब तक आपके कार्डियोवस्कुलर रोग का निदान न हो।
असामान्य दिल की धड़कन के कारण हृदय रोग के लक्षण (दिल अतालता)
- हृदय अतालता एक दिल की असामान्य धड़कन है। आपका दिल बहुत धीमा, बहुत जल्दी या अनियमित रूप से धड़क सकता है। हार्ट अतालता के लक्षणों में निम्न शामिल हो सकते हैं:
- आपकी छाती का घड़कना
- दौड़ती हुई दिल की धड़कन (टैकीकार्डिया)
- धीमी दिल की धड़कन (ब्राडीकार्डिया)
- छाती में दर्द या बेचैनी
- साँसों की कमी
- चक्कर आना
दिल के दोषों के कारण हृदय रोग के लक्षण
जन्मजात हृदय दोष का निदान जन्म से पहले, जन्म के तुरंत बाद, बचपन के दौरान या वयस्कता तक किया जा सकता है। बिना किसी लक्षण के साथ भी दोष हो सकता है। कभी - कभी, दिल की बड़बड़ाहट, भौतिक परीक्षा या असामान्य ईकेजी के कारण इसका निदान किया जा सकता है।
- बच्चों में हृदय संबंधी लक्षणों में शामिल हैं:
- फीका ग्रे या नीली त्वचा का रंग (नीलिमा)
- पैरों, पेट या आँखों के आसपास के क्षेत्रों में सूजन
- एक शिशु में, स्तनपान के दौरान सांस की कमी, जिससे वजन कम होने लगता है
जन्मजात हृदय संबंधी दोषों के लक्षण और संकेत जो आमतौर पर तुरंत जीवन के लिए खतरा नहीं बनते::
- व्यायाम या गतिविधि के दौरान सांस की तकलीफ
- व्यायाम या गतिविधि के दौरान आसानी से थकान
- हाथ, एंकल या पैरों में सूजन
कमजोर दिल की मांसपेशी (डाइलेटेड कार्डियोम्योंपेथि) की वजह से हृदय रोग के लक्षण
कार्डियोमायोपैथी हृदय की मांसपेशियों का अधिक मोटा और कडा होना है। कार्डियोमायोपैथी के प्रारंभिक चरण में, हो सकता है आप कोई लक्षण न देखें। जैसे - जैसे स्थिति खराब होती है, आप इन लक्षणों को महसूस कर सकते हैं:
- परिश्रम या विश्राम के दौरान साँस की कमी
- पैर, टखनों और पैरों की सूजन
- अनियमित दिल की धड़कन
- चक्कर आना
दिल के संक्रमण के कारण होने वाले हृदय रोग के लक्षण
तीन प्रकार के हृदय संक्रमण होते हैं:
- पेराकार्डिटिस, जो दिल के आसपास के ऊतकों को प्रभावित करता है (पेरिकार्डियम)
- मयोकार्डिटिस, जो हृदय की दीवारों की मांसपेशीय मध्यम परत को प्रभावित करता है (मायोकार्डियम)
- एन्डोकार्टिटिस, जो आंतरिक झिल्ली को प्रभावित करता है जो हृदय के कक्षों और वाल्व्स को अलग करता है (एन्डोकार्डियम)
लक्षणों में शामिल हो सकते हैं:
- साँसों की कमी
- कमजोरी या थकान
- आपके पैरों या पेट में सूजन
- अनियमित दिल की धड़कन
- सूखी या लगातार खांसी
- त्वचा पर चकत्ते या असामान्य स्पॉट
वाल्व्युलर हृदय रोग के कारण लक्षण
वाल्व विभिन्न प्रकार की परिस्थितियों से क्षतिग्रस्त हो सकती है, जिससे संकुचन (स्टेनोसिस), लीक (रिगर्जेटेशन या अपर्याप्त) या अनुचित समापन (स्थानच्युति) हो सकता है।
हृदय वाल्व रोग के लक्षण शामिल हो सकते हैं:
- साँसों की कमी
- अनियमित दिल की धड़कन
- छाती में दर्द
- आपके पैरों या पेट में सूजन
हार्ट विफलता के लक्षण
दिल की विफलता के लक्षण में शामिल हो सकते हैं:
- साँसों की कमी
- खांसी जो सफेद थूक पैदा करता है
- तेजी से वजन बढ़ना
- घुटनों, पैर और पेट में सूजन
- चक्कर आना
- थकान और कमजोरी
- तीव्र या अनियमित दिल की धड़कन
- अन्य लक्षणों में मतली, कँपकँपी और सीने में दर्द शामिल है।
Liposuction is a process of fat removal from the body through means of suction. This process involves insertion of thin, small and blunt tubes through cuts and incisions on the skin. These tubes are then used to suck out the fats from your body.
There are multiple liposuction techniques such as:
- Laser assisted liposuction: In this technique, low energy waves are used to melt the fat which is then removed via the tubes inserted in the body.
- Tumescent liposuction: This procedure initially involves administration of local anesthesia to the part of the body where the tube will be inserted. A large amount of anesthetic solution is then injected into the fat tissues in the body before embarking on the traditional liposuction procedure. General anesthesia is not required for this procedure.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction: In this technique, the fat is liquefied by using ultrasound waves. Using this technique, it is easier to remove fat from the sides of the body, upper abdomen and the back.
General info: The procedure is an outpatient procedure and generally does not require an overnight stay at the hospital. Usually local anesthesia is used in this procedure unless it is large amounts of fat that need to be worked on.
What is the objective?: The main purpose of the procedure is not to reduce weight, but to reshape certain parts of your body by getting rid of the fat. It is generally preferred for areas in your body which do not respond to either exercises or diet, such as the buttocks, upper arms and the legs. In some cases, it is combined with other procedures such as face lift, breast reduction and abdominoplasty.
What does it take care of?: Certain medical conditions such as fatty tumors, complications in fat metabolism and enlargement of the male breasts are treated by liposuction. You may notice an improvement in your body shape immediately after the procedure. The skin around the area where the procedure has been performed may turn loose and it may take a few months for the area to be normal again. After the procedure, a course of antibiotics may be prescribed to treat any infection that may occur. The recovery period is around a few days to one week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.