Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Chakravarthy
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas ChakravarthyYour feedback matters!
My new spectacles have caused a dark spot on my nose. It is very visible and affects my looks. I have worn my spectacles for an year now. It is a dark mark and is like a spot. No pains on the spot. It has not faded ever since.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.
Sometimes I eat betel leaf (pan) , is it any affected to health. ? Not regularly but monthly mostly 3,4 times . And I listen it's good for health , please say me what's that good effects to body or skin.Please tell.
These days I am feeling a pain in my eyes and in my head and there is a redness on my face also please tell me what can I do.
My hair is very thin. And the texture of my hair was also bad like it is a bit rough. I've started keeping heena pack twice a month and aloevera juice once a week. To improve my hair growth what kind if food and hair packs or medices I have to use?
I have dark circle on my face my skin is dark I want to remove my dark circle and want fair skin. And I have dark lips is there is any cream for pink lips.
Hello doctor, I'm having rashes on my inner thighs and that has made me very uncomfortable so please let me know that what should I do and can I take a cetrizine for it if not please tell me something any instant remedies.
My skin is getting dark. I am 21 years old. Can you please tell me which cream effects for whitening my skin.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
1. In the crease under breast
2. Underarm (axillary)
3. Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are, however, pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon.