Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas ChakravarthyYour feedback matters!
I have oily skin. I used garnier men face wash since four years. But in summer my face is getting oily and dark. And on my face there are lots of marks. So how can I remove my marks on my face. And make it clear.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have dark lines around my mouth since 6 years and they have not reduced. I dnt know if it is pigmentation or because of shaving. Please help me get rid of them.
Sweet's syndrome is when you suffer from fever as well as painful skin lesions. These skin lesions usually appear on your head, arms and neck. The cause of Sweet's syndrome is still not known. However, it is known that certain medications, illnesses and infections are a possible trigger for Sweet's syndrome. Sweet's syndrome is such a condition that the symptoms usually go away in a few days but it may come back later on. To know exactly what causes Sweet's syndrome and what the symptoms of it are, read on.
Causes and Risk Factors:
As mentioned earlier, the exact cause of Sweet's syndrome is not known. However, there are certain factors which put you more at risk of getting it than others. Here they are:
- Gender: It has been proven that women are much more likely to get Sweet's syndrome than men.
- Age: The young and the elderly are at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome. However, if you are in between 30 and 60 years of age you are especially at risk.
- Illnesses: If you have an upper respiratory infection or inflammatory bowel disease then you are more likely to get Sweet's syndrome compared to others. Flu-like symptoms also put you more at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome compared to others.
- Pregnancy: It has been seen that pregnancy increases your risk of getting Sweet's syndrome.
- Drugs: As mentioned earlier, certain antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as well as azathioprine are all linked to Sweet's syndrome.
- Small Red Bumps: As mentioned earlier, the main symptom of Sweet's syndrome is that you will develop small red bumps on your neck, arms or head. The size of the bumps tend to increase quickly and then they spread into painful clusters.
- Fever: A fever is also very symptomatic of Sweet's syndrome. The small red bumps usually appear abruptly after you get a fever.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: The small red bumps also appear abruptly after you have got an upper respiratory Infection.
It should be noted that Sweet's syndrome is often associated with cancer and has commonly been linked to leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have black upper lip from my childhood I want to get rid of the blackness can I get rid of it using lemon and honey or it is genetically and cannot be removed? I'm worried please tell me.
How we look our skin fresh when we spent more than 12 hours in front of computers? What are the tips to avoid/recover under eye circle.
Hi m 28 year old n have hypothyroid. Since last three years I have hyperpigmentation and tried all home remedies. Please suggest me dome creams which helps me to get rid of dark patches around forehead and check.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is The Ideal Way To Handle It?"
Going with treatment for fissures and piles but last 2 days I am suffering from itching on outer surface of bumm about 4 to 6 cm from the outlet. I had applied zolef but still itching is there.
I am a diabetic since last 2 years and dr has prescribed me 1-gluformin xl 500 mg 2-cardace am 5 mg my hba1c was 6. 15 and fasting sugar was 90 p. P was 160. My microalbumin was 9. 26. Mg./dl- creatinine was 69. 9 mg/dl. Acr ratio was also 13. 3 against a limit of <30 mg /g and my doctor told me its ok. Kft-report 1-blood urea 30. 0 mg/ ref range 10-50 mg /dl 2-serum creatinine 1. 15 mg /dl ref range 0. 70 -1. 40 3-serum uric acid- 2. 9. Mg/dl ref -3. 5 - 7. 2 4-sodium -131. 6 mmol/l ref range 135-155 5-potassium-4. 11mmol/l ref -3. 5 - 5. 5 6-chloride-102. 8mmol/l ref -98 - 106. I am also diagnosed with mild prostrate problem. My problem I am suffering from excessive urination during day time from morning 10 am till 8 pm after that its normal during night sometime I go for urination once only that too if I had taken more then 2 glasses of waterbefore going to sleep. Now my question is. Am I suffering from any kind of kidney problem or its because of prostrate problem I have also noticed foam in my urine but not always. Please tell me how to check. Please advice some medicine for controlling my excessive urination which happens after 2 hour. I am also suffering for penis erectile dysfunction. Please help me and advice suitably to over come these problems and also tell me how to check the kidney functions.
I am 24 years old female. Suffering from bruises like spot s on my skin. They appear and stay for about 4-5 days. They painless but looks exactly like bruises. What is that.
Are your dark knees and elbows bothering you from being fashionable and exploring yourself? Here comes the solution for the problem. We list out the best Home Remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows. Most often Home Remedies are preferred as they are low cost techniques, natural with no side effects.
Major causes for dark knees and elbows are: -
Dead skin accumulation
Exposure to friction
Changes in Hormone levels
How to get rid of dark knees and elbows:
Wet your skin and use soap or a cleanser to remove the dirt. Then scrub gently to exfoliate and retain the glow. Use scrubs such as rice bran, oats, almond, salt mixed with water or milk. Massage for about 5 – 10 minutes and wash the skin. Then use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and soft. Best natural moisturizing agents are aloevera gel, almond oil, seaweed paste. Later evenly apply sun screen lotion through out the skin. Use skin whitening and bleaching agents to get a lighter skin tone.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Knees and Elbows:
Ingredients: Aloevera, Honey
How to use: The best homemade remedy used for years now. Prepare fresh aloevera juice and add honey to it. Blend well and mask the affected areas with this mixture. After 20 minutes, wash with water. This is the best mixture that rejuvenates the skin giving a healthy and fresh look.
Ingredients: Gram Flour, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using gram flour and milk. Apply gently and massage for 15 minutes. Allow it to dry and wash off with water. Gram flour acts as a scrub in removing dead skin cells.
Ingredients: Almond, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using almond and milk. Use this oil mix every day for best results. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, Helps in eliminating toxins from your body.
How to use: Take cucumber, cut into pieces and mash it. Apply and leave this paste for about 10-15 minutes then wash it off. A perfect remedy to boost your skin tone.
Ingredients: Orange Peel, Honey
How to use: Take dried orange peel and grind it into powder. Add honey to it and make a fine paste. Massage on the skin in circular motion and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it off.
Ingredients: Sandalwood Powder, Rose Water
How to use: Sandalwood is an antibiotic and acts as a cleanser. Make a paste using sandalwood powder and rose water in required proportions. Apply on skin, allow it to dry and rinse it off.
How to use: Milk is widely used as a skin bleacher. With cotton dipped in milk, rub gently and evenly on the skin. Wash with warm water after 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Lemon juice
How to use: For many years lemon juice is used as a bleaching agent. It is rich in vitamin C and citric acid. Daily rub lemon juice to your knees and elbows and wash it with warm water.
How to use: Potato used as an ideal tan removing agent. Used widely as a bleach to skin. Peel the potato skin and grate it. Make it into a paste by adding rose water. Apply to face and wash it after 20 minutes.
There is an old saying “Prevention is better than cure”. Below mentioned are simple techniques to prevent dark knees and elbows.
Scrub: The act of Scrubbing is called exfoliation. Scrubbing removes dead skin and dirt that darkens skin. Too much scrubbing results in dry and damaged skin. Use gentle and mild scrubbing agents.
Sunscreen lotion: Before sun or water exposures apply sunscreen lotion. Long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays damages the skin and results in premature aging of the skin. Whenever it is too sunny apply sun screen lotion for every 3 hours. Try to wear full sleeves and full pants to cover yourself from damage. Ensure that your Sunscreen lotion contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor) or higher than that.
Healthy diet: Eating right food at right time is the best mantra for a perfect skin. Ensure your diet is having many fruits and vegetables with adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Healthy diet helps skin to glow.
Water: Apart from using moisturizing and hydrating agents, it’s good to hydrate skin from inside. Have loads of water daily to keep your skin healthy and fit.
Minimize usage of deodorants/perfumes