Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas Botla
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas BotlaYour feedback matters!
My mother 64 years is suffering from hereditary parkinson having unbalanced body, hand shaking, absent mindedness, loss of memory, difficulty in speech, excessive urination during night, lost control over urine and stool, no feeling of pain in lower legs and mostly winters are the most difficult times. So kindly suggest the remedy for parkinson
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir/Madam, I discovered my pregnancy Today (12 Feb). I have migraine and I used feliz s plus (clonazepam 10mg and escitalopram oxalate 0.5mg) four times in last month. My period cycle is January 1st to January 30. Kindly let me know if this will effect the fetus and whether I should continue with the pregnancy or go for abortion. Thank you in advance for your advice.
My hands are shaking while eating or holding an object. Though I can't notice it. My friends do. Please help me if I have any problem.
My mother 63 years is suffering from parkinson (PD) since 2013 is on syndopaplus (7 am&12 pm) and syndopa (3 pm) medication 3 times a day when syndopa withdraws thereby inducing stiffness & rigidity resulting in seizure thereby finding very hard to move and not even able to getup from bed or chair without assistance. Neurologist has now prescribed Bromocriptine 2.5 mg along with syndopa (twice 7 am & 7 pm) to mitigate syndopa side effect. Can this be taken at 7 am and 3 pm instead of 7 pm as the last syndopa taken is at 3 pm or any other alternatives suggestions is welcome.
I have migraine. I have been using homeopathy medicine from last 6 months but it is not up to the mark. So what shall I do now.
I have great fear to take a cup or glass of hot things like tea. Whenever I try to do this, my hand as well as whole body tremble. Before some month I was taking a plastic cup of tea. That time my hand trembled and hot tea fell on my hand. And there was some burn on my hand. From that day I feel very much fear to take a cup or glass of hot tea.
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disease where the protective cover around the nerves is lost. This affects the communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Symptoms commonly experienced by patients suffering from this condition include partial or complete loss of vision, weakness or numbness in one or more limbs, double vision, tremors, slurred speech, tiredness and lack of energy, and issues with bladder and bowel movements. In the early stages of this disease, these symptoms come and go. Allopathy has no cure for this disease but can help patients manage the symptoms and slow the speed at which the disease progresses.
What causes MS?
Damaged nerve signals can cause debilitating symptoms, including:
MS affects everyone differently. The severity of the disease and the types of symptoms vary from person to person. The exact cause of MS is still unknown. However, it is belived that the aforementioned factors may play a role in the development of the disease.
- Numbness or weakness in one or more limbs
- Partial or complete loss of vision
- Prolonged double vision
- Tingling or pain in parts of your body
- Electric-shock sensations that occur with certain neck movements
- Tremor, lack of coordination or unsteady gait
- Slurred speech
How Homeopathy Can Help?
Homeopathy is also a very effective way of managing the symptoms of this disease. This is a constitutional form of medication that takes into account the patient’s overall physical and mental health, emotional state and symptoms being seen to prescribe a remedy. Unlike allopathic remedies, homeopathy not only addresses the symptoms being presented but it also addresses the root cause of the disease. It has negligible side effects and can be prescribed to children and adults of all ages. The goal of a homeopathic treatment for multiple sclerosis is to reduce the severity and number of flare-ups and slow down the disease’s progression rate. It also seeks to improve the patient’s outlook, attitude, and energy levels thereby improving his or her quality of life.
There is no standard homeopathic remedy for this condition. As mentioned earlier, a homeopathic doctor takes into account many different factors to prescribe a remedy. Thus, two MS patients may be given different remedies if they have different physiques, personalities etc. For this reason, it is not advisable to self-medicate with homeopathy. Homeopathic treatment also requires patience as it takes a while for the body’s immune system to adapt. That said, it is important to note that homeopathy cannot be considered a miracle cure for patients suffering from advanced stages of multiple sclerosis. As with allopathic medication, the earlier a homeopathic remedy is prescribed, the more effective it will be.
In addition to following a homeopathic prescription or MS, the patient is also usually advised to make a few lifestyle changes. Stress is one of the biggest triggers for an MS episode. Hence, it becomes important for MS patients to de-stress and avoid high-stress events. A healthy diet and vitamin supplements can also help to strengthen the body.
Piles and fissures mouth bleeding... I am very nervous about operation... Right now I could not walk even sleep is painful...
How To Control Nerve Pain?
Nerve pain or peripheral neuropathy, as it is medically known, is characterized by pain, numbness and weakness that arise out of nerve damage. This pain is usually restricted to the feet and the hands.
What are the common causes?
Diabetes is the most common cause for this condition. However, other causes, such as injuries, infections and prolonged exposure to certain toxins can also trigger nerve pain.
How can you control nerve pain?
Nerve pain can be managed and taken care of at home taking into consideration the points that have been mentioned below:
Topical Painkillers: Certain over the counter ointments and creams can help relieve nerve pain. These medications act as local anesthetics; that is they numb the area of the pain. Capsaicin, a derivative of chili peppers, is one of the major ingredients used in these medicines. Others use botanical oils as the major ingredients.
Supplements: The lack of Vitamin B12 is considered to be a very important cause, and at times, a catalyst for nerve pain. In a case such as this, Vitamin B12 supplements or injections might be administered. Although more research needs to go into this, but certain supplements, especially gamma-linolenic and alpha-lipoic acid can help soothe nerve pain caused by diabetes.
Acupuncture: This time honored Chinese approach is a proven alleviator of nerve pain. Acupuncture releases chemicals which numb the pain, or prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain.
Physical Therapy and Massages: Physical Therapy can especially heal and strengthen weak muscles that can stem from acute nerve damage and pain. Though more evidence is needed, according to a few sufferers of this condition, massages can be helpful with the tremendously painful muscle spasms that can so often result from nerve pain.
Relaxation Techniques: In combination with the above mentioned approaches, relaxation techniques can go a long way in relieving debilitating neural pain. Besides being helpful with dealing and reducing a few stress phases of life which can cause nerve pain, these techniques might actually root out the actual pain itself.
Lifestyle Modifications: This one’s always a winner! Eating a well-balanced diet that guarantees all nutrients in uniform amounts can never go wrong. Regular exercises for about 30-45 minutes can remedy different types of pain; nerve pain being one of them. Try and limit alcohol intake (a peg once a week won’t harm one, but binge drinking can play the ultimate spoilsport and make all health plans go topsy-turvy!). Abstain from smoking or chewing tobacco as this is usually the primary contributor towards any medical condition or disorder.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!