Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinivas T
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivas TYour feedback matters!
Highly professional and we received the best treatment fory entire family. Listens patiently to our problems. Wr are very pleased to have one such great doctor in our locality.
I am 23 yr old and I am having dark circle, also my eyes are looking very tired. What should I do for it?
I have dark circles below my eyes And face having problem of oil and very pain in eyes and mind not focus on any thing eyes get very pain on concentrate on any thing please help me what should I do.
My right eye getting red from last 2 days and watering and white substance coming out from it. I am worried please suggest me what to do.
I start get itching when I drive on bike and if it's a bit windy and air passes though body and skin while driving. It really itches and by the time I reach home it spreads across the body and sometimes there are red rashes all over. To get some relief I usually take bath with hot/ warm water and feel better. There is no other pattern to it. This is more prevalent in months when it's rainy season in Bangalore and winter months of Dec and Jan. Also it does not happen every time I go outside on bike. Certain times and some days. It goes off and and there are no scares left anywhere on the body. Ankur 988080082.
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.
Diabetes is a condition characterized by an elevated level of the blood glucose due to the insufficient production of the Insulin by the Beta cells of the pancreas. The high blood glucose level can also be an outcome of the inability of the body cells to utilize or respond to the insulin produced - a condition termed as Insulin Resistance.
Today, Diabetes has become a raging problem affecting almost every second individual, irrespective of their age, sex or ethnicity. What is even worse is the fact that the metabolic disorder affects a host of the vital body organs including the eyes. In many diabetic patients (diabetes left unmanaged and uncontrolled for long), the high blood sugar or Hyperglycemia can give rise to many eye complications such as:
- Diabetic Retinopathy (Hyperglycemia that triggers progressive damage of the blood vessels of the retina that can eventually even lead to blindness).
- Incidences of Cataract (a condition that causes clouding of the clear eye lenses affecting one's vision) and Glaucoma (a severe eye problem that results from the damages to the optic nerve of the eye) are on a rise in diabetic patients.
Thus, it becomes essential to carry out the preventive measure to deal with diabetes-related eye problems and the associated complications.
Protecting the eyes from Diabetes
- Controlling Diabetes: Amongst different eye care or preventive measures, foremost is to make sure that diabetes and the blood glucose level are within control. A glucometer can help to monitor the blood glucose levels at home. Regular lab tests for Fasting and Post prandial(FBS, PP2BS) blood sugar tests should be done at a frequency advised by treating physician along with HbA1c. Eliminating the underlying factor can work wonders to avoid the various eye problems resulting from diabetes.
- Regular eye-checks: People with diabetes need to be careful. Consult your family physician or a specialist at the earliest for discomforts and symptoms such as a headache, watery eyes, blurred, distorted or double vision. Regular eye-checks and screening tests are equally important to safeguard the eyes from the harmful consequences of diabetes.
- Keep a check on other medical disorders: Conditions such as Hypercholesterolemia (elevated levels of blood cholesterol), high blood pressure, along with diabetes, are the worst nemesis that can result in a myriad of eye disorders. Make sure the blood pressure is within the control (to avoid complications, try to maintain a blood pressure below 140/80) and so is the level of bad cholesterol or LDL (Low-density lipoprotein).
- Keep your body moving: Exercises and physical activities (morning or evening walks, jogging) can play a pivotal role in keeping diabetes under control, thereby shielding the eyes from problems such as cataract, glaucoma. Keeping the body weight within the healthy and recommended range can also work towards managing the blood glucose level.
- Healthy dietary modifications: Diabetic patients should be careful with their choice of foods. Dark chocolates, lean meat, whole grains, fish, cinnamon, turmeric, fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, blueberries, spinach, walnuts, sweet potatoes, asparagus, apricots, apples, to name a few are healthy options for a diabetic patient.
- Smoking can spell doom for the eyes and is best avoided.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!