Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srinath.G
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Srinath.GYour feedback matters!
Dr. Srinath is such a humble person, he calms down patients and listens to their complete problem and symptoms. I was suffering from 44 mm cyst in my ovary which got completely cured after his treatment. Am so much thankful to him, he is a great doctor.In today's time where doctors hurry up ever where, he is such a person who just listens to you. All the best doctor for your great work!!!!
I don't know how to calculate my menstrual cycle. So if I had my period BTW 31of may and 4 of June. When will my next period show up.
I am getting blood in my teeth, sometimes during brush time and during eating. What should i do? Please advise.
My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the last 10 years no relief after taking so many types of medicine including ayurveda please advise.
I have hair fall issues. How can it be reduced. Also wanted to know how we can put on a little weight? Please advise.
Hlw Sir, I am Rudra Mandal. I am a student. Sir, I am suffering with critical back pain. How can I get rid of it? Please help me.
I am a 28 years old female I have cold, sneezing, running nose, problem frequently due to dust, cold climate or sweat for about 5 years i am not able to take fruits and have backache problem past 2 months, and how to improve my skin how to brighten, what treatment can I take.
Sir I am under weight how I am increase my weight tell me please I am taken each and every thing like fruit and food and also taken dry fruit after all my weight is not increase so, please tell .
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.