Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SrilathaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old 9 week pregnant. I'm working so I daily travel in bike, train and share auto. Is it risky to travel in all those in daily basis. What precautions need to be followed. Or shall I quit the job. Thanks in advance.
We always think of wearing something cosy to bed to get a good night's sleep. We even dress up kids to be comfortable and bundled up so they can get a sound sleep. Studies have shown that contrary to popular belief, sleeping nude is the best way to a sound sleep.
In addition to good sleep, there are other benefits that have been identified too, as listed below:
- Improves sleep quality: While most of us think of keeping ourselves cosy in our nightwear leads to good sleep, science believes otherwise. A reduced core body temperature is what leads to better sleep. This happens when you sleep with no extra layers of clothes to keep you warm. Research conducted showed better depth of sleep and reduced number of awakenings when there are no extra clothing layers.
- Better skin and hair health: Melatonin and growth hormone are essential for anti-aging and they are released when the body temperature is cooler, which happens when sleeping in the nude. Growth hormone is essential for bone mineralization, improved immunity, and muscle mass building. Melatonin is a good hormone regulator, and manages the functioning of other hormones essential for our body. The armpits and groin area are always covered, and sleeping without clothes can help these areas breathe and feel fresher. The chances of yeast infection are also reduced.
- Reduced stress levels: The stress hormone cortisol is also optimal, both in release and function, when the body gets a good sleep. This is essential for better immunity and cognitive function, better sugar regulation. Reduced stress leads to reduced chances of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc. Therefore, sleeping without clothes helps to better equip you with fighting stress.
- Weight loss: Our body has two types of fat, both brown and white. While fat helps to keep the body warm, sleeping without clothes burns more of this fat and thereby, increases weight loss. Another mechanism is the good sleep that you get when sleeping without clothes helps improve metabolism, reduce fat and sugar cravings, thereby further adding to weight loss.
- Improved relationships: Needless to say, getting into the habit of sleeping without clothes will help your sex life. The science behind it is the improved release of oxytocin, which is the cuddle hormone.
- Better sperm quality: The testes produce better sperm quality when body temperature is cooler, thereby improving male fertility. Warm clothes at night also has a bad effect on testosterone, which is essential for boosting libido and other male sexual features.
There you go, a lot of valid scientifically proven reasons to drop those night suits and pajamas off what is more, there is also a cost saving here!
Had pregenancy test twice after xxx its negative, last periods were on 9th march, got normal spotting on 19th april. Bt no proper bleeding. What I am going through? am I pregnent. Or having polly cyst syndrome. Please help. i am just dying out in fear.
Hello, We are a newly married couple. My wife mostly have some pain or infection in and around her personal parts. Some times it pains while we doing sex. Please advice.
I have pregnancy test it was negative my last period 25th May till now I didn't get period I have no health issues no sign of pregnancy symptoms.
The word metabolism is the manner in which food is processed and used by the body. Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions, which are caused due to altered metabolism. They increase the chance of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity in a person.
When a person has one of these, it puts them at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome. However, lifestyle changes can help the onset of metabolic syndrome and reduce the gravity of the situation.
Factors that put you at risk of contracting a metabolic syndrome
There are 5 major risk factors, which can indicate if a person would develop a metabolic syndrome.
Increased blood sugar: If the fasting blood sugar is consistently high, it could be the early indication of diabetes.
Increased blood pressure: When the heart constantly exerts pressure to pump blood through the arteries, it can be damaging in the long run.
Excessive fat around the waistline: Fat around the belly (pear shaped body) is more harmful than fat around the hips. This abdominal obesity is an indicator of metabolic syndrome.
Abnormal cholesterol level: There are good and bad cholesterols (HDL and LDL respectively). When the HDL level is low, the chances of the heart to build plaque are increased, which can lead to heart failure, stroke, etc.
High level of triglyceride: Increased triglyceride levels also put one at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
Complications: Some of the complications of having a metabolic syndrome include hypertension, diabetes, stroke, heart failure and fatty liver. It is a complicated and vicious cycle where there is increased pressure on all the vital organs, but they are unable to perform to their optimal levels. There is a narrowing of the blood vessels due to the plaque accumulation, which slows blood flow to all organs leading to the sluggishness of the whole system.
While the bad news is that metabolic syndrome is on the rise with changing lifestyles, the good news is that with some planning and effort, it can be prevented and severity reduced. It requires discipline, commitment, and dedication.
1. Diet: Eating healthy with more of whole grains, less of red meat, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and a heart-healthy diet can go a long way in managing the metabolism.
2. Exercise: Regular moderate exercise can help avoid accumulation of fat and burn the extra calories consumed.
3. Smoking: One should quit smoking, as it can help in many ways and helps in managing the body’s metabolism is one of them.
4. Alcohol: Avoid consuming excessive alcohol as it helps in managing body’s metabolism.
5. Stress management: Finding good ways to manage stress (be it music, meditation, yoga, or exercise) can help control harmful ways of stress management like drinking alcohol and smoking.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.