Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srilakshmi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SrilakshmiYour feedback matters!
My father is 84 year old, he is staying with me from 2013 after my mother's death. Before that he with with my elder brother family where they had dispute. My elder brother expired in march 2015, .now my father always in fighting mood, make argument ,on use of only one toilet, bathroom, we are all 5 in family, he want to stay in old age home. Please help.
Dear Sir, madam, from two days I am getting useless thoughts in my brain and not getting sleep due to that. can you give help me out on this.
I love a one girl truly. During college time we used to have conversion one day I had proposed to her but said I will let you know after 3 month she got married. Prior to one month she blocked me from social networking. And stop talking with me. I don't know why she did this. After 2 years of her marriage still I can't forget to her. I tried every possible way. Can you please tell me what should I do?
Sir, I am suffering from stammering since childhood age. Presently I am 27 years old and even suffering from severe stammering, due to which I am unable to find out suitable job for me. And In daily life stammering bothering me. I am in too much tension and need your help. Waiting for your reply hopefully.
I am a 26 year female who is sexually active. I am happy with my boyfriend (29), but only thing that bothers me is that he gets too anxious if I don't have mood to have sex. He gets frustrated and he couldn't able to sleep till he gets his sexual need fulfilled. He is not able to concentrate on anything at that time. I don't know what to do? Is there any medicines which can calm him down in this case or any other things which can be done without any side effects. I am in big depression.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
Since past two months I have been suffering from panic attacks & consulted a psychiatrist & been using escitalopram & Clonazepam as per d Dr's recommendation & feeling far better than earlier. But still d negative thoughts (mild of something might happen to me) and bit panic in heart are not getting out of me. I do regular exercise (walking) daily being an cardiac patient & light meditation & always try to keep myself busy, but still unable to come out of the situation. This has an bearing on my performance at office & my personal life too. Request to kindly suggest how would I come out this condition & enjoy my normal & regular life soon.
Hi I would like to quit smoking but I am not able to as I have been smoking for the last 27years. I am a 41years old.
When I see anygirl I want to get intimate with her. And its not matter who is she and how she is this? what can I do please help me.
My mother is 83 years old. For the past she has started having memory loss. Is this okay or should we consult a Neurologist. She does not have complete memory loss but sometimes. Thanks
I had smoke baba (gangaa) , flake and tobacco for nearly one month and one day while smoking gangaa I got a strong headache. And fainted over there and I was going to die. But suddenly I got vomiting. After this incidence I had stop all this. This incidence was held 1 month ago. Now my question is what are the side effects to my body ? And how to over come?
Hi I am aman sethi. My issue is that I get a hard on lady other than my spouse. It is irritating my spouse. I have gone into depression. What should I do as I am only 38 years old.
Hi I am in 7 yrs relationship but now the man is changed and I am suffering from personal life carrer and from home please I have tried comitt sucide
Stress increases cortisol hormone in body which may increase hunger pangs, which makes you eat without hunger.
What to do.
1. Take 6-9 hr sleep daily
2. Do not drink alcohol
3. Chill. Don't take stress.