Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Srilakshmi

Psychiatrist, Hyderabad

500 at clinic
Dr. Srilakshmi Psychiatrist, Hyderabad
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Srilakshmi
Dr. Srilakshmi is a popular Psychiatrist in Begumpet, Hyderabad. You can visit him/her at Roshni Counselling Centre in Begumpet, Hyderabad. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Srilakshmi on has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Roshni Counselling Centre

Plot No. 326, Laxmi Nilayam, 2nd Lane, Near Grand Kakatiya Hotel, Begumpet, HyderabadHyderabad Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Srilakshmi

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I m 25 yes old and suffering from depression after confirmation from doctor. please suggest me wat to do?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, take kali phos 30 ch, 5 drops once daily. If your bp is normal then take ginseng 1x, 1 tab once daily after meals. Revert me after 10 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old. I feel very depressed when something goes wrong. My confidence is deteriorating. What should I do?

M.Sc - Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
Learn to accept life as it comes. Ups and downs are common in everyone's life. You have to increase your coping skills. Engage yourself in activities that interests you. Read good books, listen to music. Avoid watching tv for long. Go for walk regularly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

He understands everything but he can not TALK. We TAKE him to speech therapist but no improvement.

B.H.M.S., M.D. (Homoeopathy)
Homeopath, Surat
Hello, homoeopathic medicine can help you best. I have recovered my patients from such condition even in adult age. Do not worry, give homoeopathic medicine along with speech therapy. He will start speaking soon.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 32. I feel like i'm going crazy ever since my son was born. He's 4 now. I recently read somewhere about postpartum depression. How do I know if I have the same or what are the symptoms? if I do, i'm unsure how to put forth the same to my husband because he behaves like a lawyer most of his life.

Masters in counseling psychology, Counseling psychologist, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapist
Psychologist, Mumbai
I can really understand what you must be going through. Many women feel this after delivery. Not necessary you have depression, but feeling pressurized and overwhelmed due to this whole situation is obvious. Have an honest discussion with your husband without sounding like you are complaining. Share with him what you are feeling. Ask for help from your family or in-laws. You need support and help so ask for it. Nothing wrong in it.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 42 years old male. Actually I might be in depression from long time due to not settled in life. But unfortunately I have settled now. I have married six years completed no baby. My problem is I am a alcoholic since 14 years. I consume alcohol 180 ml evening everyday. Now I have decided to quite the alcohol. But I tried twice l was unable to stop please suggest any tablet for stop craving.

Psychiatrist, Indore
Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I have read your case and can understand your situation. There is systematic program for de addiction which involves detoxification and then rehabilitation. This requires you to be admitted under surveillance of doctor / trained professional. First 3 to 4 days, you would be detoxified in which you would be started with I V fluids, multivitamins (B1 mainly) and benzodiazepines. This would correct electrolyte disturbances, replete vitamin deficiencies and would avoid harmful withdrawal symptoms. After this you would be started with anti craving drugs like Acamprosate, Naltrexone, Topiramate, etc to decrease the craving for alcohol. This would be then continued for 4 to 5 months to make sure you don't get into trap of alcohol use again. Hope I could solve your query. Feel free to write back. Regards.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother has right side paralysis. She lost he voice since May'16. Please suggest how her voice can be recovered.

D.H.L.S, B.A.S.L.P, M.A, B.Ed .SE . ( H.I )
Speech Therapist, Delhi
advice;- nuro expert speech and language therapist properly speech therapy Properly Regular speech therapy
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I am angry, my hands feel painful sensation with stiffness. What type of disease to me?

Acupressurist, Chandigarh
Do not worry. This is only stress at that time. You should take nux vomica 30 thrice a day only three drops in water once a week.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a female 22 years old. I am suffering from a social anxiety disorder from last 1 year. I have got many jobs but I wasn't able to continue because of my hesitation to talk to people. Why I am suffering from this?

Ph.D - Ph.D in Psychology, Ph. D - Education
Psychologist, Kakinada
You lack confidence and you are insecure about what others may feel about you. So you tend to avoid people. They cause apprehension in you. Start working on relationship building. Get confidence. Increase Circle of friends. Expand friends. Remove social phobia.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My chest looks like female. I'm very much depressed I am afraid to remove my shirts in public places such as rivers, falls etc. Is there any solution to my problem. Plzzzz help me.

L L. B..,, M.Sc psychy,, N L P, P.G.D.G.C, M.S psychotherapy,, M.A child care, M A, clinical psy, M.A,social psychiatry,, M.Phil., psychology., Ph.D .,psychology
Psychologist, Vijayawada
it is called inferiority complexion. dont go to any medication or need of remove shirt out side. you are not a public figure. feel always flexible. dont concentrate too much on this problem. if you marry your wife enjoy this aspect. she touches or suck your chest you feel better relaxed and get good satisfaction. so dont feel and irritated. be calm and enjoy the every situation of life.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello my dad has pain in every part of his body first it started with back pain and now it is spread into all the parts of the body please advise on this.

If so, Your dad must undergo some blood tests to find out the exact cause for the pain. For time being he can take homoepathic medicines Rhustox 30/ 2 dram 3 pills three times a day for 2 week, and report back aftr 2 week.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Master of Clinical Psychology, Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counselling
Psychologist, Pune
Once you identify your negative emotion, accept it that it is natural to have such a emotion and then try to release it from your mind instead of holding and blaming yourself. Take responsibility to help yourself by releasing your troublesome negative emotions.

I am suffering from weakness. My body pains a lot and I could not get proper sleep. Sometimes I feel like dying. Can you please solve tge issue?

Homeopath, Greater Noida
U have to tell your proper history such as you have any disease in past or any history of addiction or how it started. Take proper symptomatic treatment in homoeopathy, some medicine such as arnica 200, china 30 has good result in this type of cases.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I think I have anxiety, depression, phobia etc since long. Every now and then I decide to see a psychiatrist but never show up. I am always in this confused state of find. This is pulling me back and my consistency, confidence, performance as lowered vis-a-vis the potential I acquire. Kindly assist.

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
You need to go for a proper systematic homeopathic treatment for at least 3 months. If possible, please try to consult me for that. Take care. :)
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am 24yrs. I m having problems of anxiety and deppression for last two months. Please help

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear, you must be able to distinguish between mental disease and mental disorder. Your problem is a mental disorder. Not a mental disease. These mental disorders are usually treated with a combination of medicines and other means like awareness, meditation, psychotherapy techniques, life style changes etc. I think two or three counseling sessions and psycho therapy techniques should solve your problem. Let me know if you are willing to undergo counseling sessions and tailor made psycho therapy through mobile. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I lost my girl friend. She was my heart and someone just took her away from me for the lifetime and I wanna suicide. Just give me a solution.

General Physician, Mumbai
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Is bath with hot water is good if you have body pain what should I do it seems kuch krne kaa maan nhi hoo rha body pain and is it good or bad if I take apple and banana with hot milk in breakfast Reply plz.

General Physician, Cuttack
You can have apple and banana with hot milk in breakfast. For body pain 1.Take paracetamol 500mg, one tablet sos upto a maximum of three tablets daily after food 2.cold spoonging Sos 3.Drink plenty of water 4.Consult doctor for further advice
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctors, I'm a science student in 12th now. I had a gf, but unfortunately she is no more. But I am suffering from a strange problem, my mind is not listening me. My mind always will To have sex, even to the girls I respect and don't wanna lose from a good relationship. What should I do?

Masters in Clinical Psychology
Psychologist, Lucknow
Hi lybrate-user, You need to control your mind and not let your thoughts disturb you. Practice Mindful Breathing The primary goal of mindful breathing is simply a calm, non judging awareness, allowing thoughts and feelings to come and go without getting caught up in them. Sit comfortably, with your eyes closed and your spine reasonably straight. Bring your attention to your breathing. Imagine that you have a balloon in your tummy. Every time you breathe in, the balloon inflates. Each time you breathe out, the balloon deflates. Notice the sensations in your abdomen as the balloon inflates and deflates. Your abdomen rising with the in-breath, and falling with the out-breath. Thoughts will come into your mind, and that’s okay, because that’s just what the human mind does. Simply notice those thoughts, then bring your attention back to your breathing. Likewise, you can notice sounds, physical feelings, and emotions, and again, just bring your attention back to your breathing. You don’t have to follow those thoughts or feelings, don’t judge yourself for having them, or analyse them in any way. It’s okay for the thoughts to be there. Just notice those thoughts, and let them drift on by, bringing your attention back to your breathing. Whenever you notice that your attention has drifted off and is becoming caught up in thoughts or feelings, simply note that the attention has drifted, and then gently bring the attention back to your breathing. It's okay and natural for thoughts to enter into your awareness, and for your attention to follow them. No matter how many times this happens, just keep bringing your attention back to your breathing.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 year old now. I don' t hava a proper job nor good friends. I always feel lonely and frustrated in my life and it' s effecting very much in my small family. I' m controlling all my negativity things of my life. Please suggest me to live a normal life.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
Controlling the negativity is not the solution: go and face the world. Find a better job, make new friends, and socialize a lot. These things will get you out of your state, of what seems like, a depression. You need to lead an active life anyway and strengthen yourself to face the difficulties that life shoves on you, regularly. Negativity is there all the time for all the people. You have not been specially chosen to be troubled by it. If others can cope, you can too. Don? T believe in the negative: be positive. In fact I suggest the following to you always: be respectful, be responsible, and be functional.
6 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My father is of 50. He was suffered from major heart attack on 18 april. Then angiography was done and 2 veins blockage came 90 % and 60 %. Before standing or surgery he suffered from tubercular meningitis, Pott's spine and sepsis. Now following medicine is going on : R cinex 450 / 300 Combutol 1000 mg PZA 750 Pyri 10 Deplatt A 75 Avas 20 Cardace 1.25 Meconerv forte Is this medicine ok? Can we do ayurvedic treatment to remove blockage of veins? What can be done to remove the blockage ? Which should not effect adversely, keeping in mind all the diseases.

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Please follow anti tubercular treatment as scheduled. But all of anti tb medicines are toxic to liver specially r cinex, therefore need to do liver function tests every month or earlier if some changes like loss of appetite / jaundice symptoms felt. We advise liver toxic food like fats & other heavy medicines known to be toxic to liver and kidneys. Atovas is used to lower cholesterol but fats are not given to patients on treatment for tb, emphasis is on high carbs & more simple proteins. There is no need to give this medicine which is toxic to liver. He is being given ace inhibitor to bring down bp-this medicine can lead to cough confusing symptoms of tb. Change to safer beta blockers after consulting with your doctors. Regarding medicines to dissolve blockages, our system has not much to offer for old blockages, be careful about interactions with ayurvedic medicines also. I can suggest simple things which may help dissolve blockages & help the liver also. Juice of pomegranate, spoon of honey + juice of a lemon in warm water on empty stomach, apple cider vinegar plus honey. Avoid all fats except good fats like a spoon of pure ghee only plus a katori of assorted nuts to get much needed protein plus good fats. He must be on bed rest, get some physiotherapic advice to improve the blood circulation otherwise get massage done on entire body. If person is not eating bad fats, the levels of lipids remain within limits and there is no need for medicines to lower cholesterol. Give him high protein diet like simple things like toned milk, curd, chhachh, boiled eggs, clear fat free soups of vegetables and pulses. Get back here for more guidance with latest reports of liver function tests, cbc & total lipid profile. Good luck. Continue giving multivitamin in the list of medicines above.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed