Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srikanth KasturiYour feedback matters!
My 4 years old son has viral 3rd day, has passed lose motions twice and has complained stomach pain. Wht med can I give him. He's on crocin ds & meftal p alternately.
My son is of 14 years old he has allergy problem I nebulize him two times in this harvesting season is it safe or not to nebulize everyday ?
Having a child is one of the most physically and emotionally trying situations that a couple will go through? This is especially true for a mother. The mother goes through a roller coaster of emotional and physical changes as well as other changes in her job and relationship. So, if you are going back to work after having a baby, read this article to gain some perspective!
- Deciding When: Timing is the first thing that matters in such cases. Remember to discuss this aspect with your partner and get some much needed advice from someone who will be sharing the child's responsibilities with you. Also, emotionally the mother has to be ready to leave the child for that duration in order to go to work and be productive. Feelings like guilt and helplessness may overwhelm you at first, but you have to have your coping mechanisms in place when it comes down to it.
- Coping Mechanisms: Speaking of coping mechanisms, let us discuss what all you can do to make a smooth transition from new mother to working mother. Finding support is crucial to begin with. The babysitter or family members who will be the caregiver for the child in those hours when you working, should be someone who you can trust implicitly. It may help to interview and spend time with a new nanny or babysitter before the child is born. This will help in setting a pace, understanding expectations and adjusting to each other even as you build trust. Another coping mechanism includes having someone you can talk to a friend, your parents, your spouse or a co worker. It can be anyone who will be willing to listen and offer you advice when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Breastfeeding: If you do plan to continue breastfeeding your child, it would be best to discuss this with your boss or a counsellor at your place of work before you decide to get back to work. Ensure that you are given a separate room that is hygienic and well lit so that you can carry your breast pump and operate it there. Or, you can opt for day care within the office premises so that you can see your child and breastfeed him\her at regular intervals.
The choice of going back to work or staying at home after having a baby may not exactly be an easy one to make, but knowing your options and working your way around them with the right coping mechanisms and support can help you in gaining the right perspective that will help you focus on both areas with vigour and love.
My son 5 years old.(birth wt 2.5 kg, normal delivery, 38 weeks). He is very thin and weak. He tired early during any activity (running, jumping, cycling etc.). Also he said that he tired and can't do that. He also feels low self esteem when see other child to doing these activities. Also when he get coughing, it goes away approx 20 days every time. We consulted paediatrician/physician also 3-4 times. Following test carried out: Echo test/Chest xray- normal TB gold test:-ve ESR-10 mm/HR TLC/DLC-normal, RBC-3.7 Hb: 9-10 (four times repeated, every 3 month gap during last 1.5 years. Dr. Given following: Iron + folic acid syrup, Zinc+Multivitamin + multiminerals syrup. We also give him chapati/rice/milk/paneer, egg/almond/kismis/banana, other fruits etc. But his weight & Hb is not increases. We are (parents & son) vegetarian. What test is to be carried out to find any problems for not gaining weight and strength. What food (veg/non veg) & supplement give to him for increasing weight/Hb?
My new born baby has his feet turned inside by angle of 75what is proper method of treatment. Is plaster them only a solution or any other method of healing is there. Pls suggest me the right path. He is just a month old.
Stomach aches and pains are common in babies, infants and parents are always in search of quick fixer to help their little ones get a relief instantly. Though instant reliefs do not come always, and there are colicky infants and babies with common stomach problems, yet some remedies and treatments always help.
Stomach pain in older kids:
The common home remedies in not so serious pains are as follows:
- Let the child rest and lie down. This may help to ease the pain in 20-30 minutes.
- Give the child some liquid to drink, which is soothing, like light tea, soup, water or diluted fruit juice.
- Let the child go to the toilet and encourage him or her to pass stool. This may help ease off the pain sooner.
- Avoid any bulk food intake in one meal and divide it into smaller meals through the day until symptoms go away.
- Don't give oily and fried food. Give easy to digest food, mostly boiled or light fried.
- Avoid giving a medicine without medical advice.
These steps generally help and the pain goes away without going to a doctor immediately. If the pain is severe and is persistent in any one part of the abdomen, then it may require immediate medical attention. Common causes may be appendicitis or gall stone problem or may be a case of acute jaundice, diarrhoea, food poison, etc. Pain on pressing one part of the belly, or high body temperature with pain, and serious vomiting are serious symptoms which you must not ignore and take the kid immediately to a medical centre or doctor.
Stomach pain in infants:
Stomach pains in infants are caused due to extra air entering the stomach while feeding. This can be avoided by burping the baby manually. There are a few burping techniques which your paediatrician and baby care giver will show you.
If you are with a colicky baby, then you would try administering the baby's nursing bottle first. There are new age nursing bottle designs, which keep off extra air from entering the stomach. The extra air mainly causes the stomach pain, and therefore, the bottle which prevents mixing of air with milk or water keeps the baby safe from colicky pains. Keep baby colic pain syrups at home ready, and give the baby a dose as and when required. It will eventually give the pain a relief.
I have given my daughter carrots in her food (lunch & dinner). But the next day I found undigested particles of carrot in her stool. She is absolutely fine. The quality of the stool was also good. I am afraid that is it indigestion? She has recently suffered from UTI and lost 2 kgs. She also suffers from constipation. Her age is 2 years 3 months.
My 7 months old baby has swollen palm dorsal side (right alone). No pain. Normal movement. What is the reason for the swelling.
My daughter is seven and she gets cold attack every night her nose gets blocked and she freaks out as it becomes very uncomfortable for her to breathe. She doesnotven have cold in a days times that affects her.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
I am feeling that I am somewhat special, if I go in front of mirror, I start to think who is she, my parents are not mine, every thing which is mine it's seeming that it's not mine actually. These type of feeling actually effecting me. what should i do ?
My son is 6 years old mostly complains of stomach pain near naval area specially morning time for having milk. Otherwise he is quite active. Please advise.
Migraine is a complex disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of a headache, most often unilateral and in some cases associated with visual or sensory symptoms collectively known as an aura that arise most often before the head pain but that may occur during or afterward . Migraine is most common in women and has a strong genetic component.
Signs and symptoms
Typical symptoms of migraine include the following:
1.Throbbing or a pulsatile headache, with moderate to severe pain that intensifies with movement or physical activity
2.Unilateral and localized pain in the frontotemporal and ocular area but the pain may be felt anywhere around the head or neck
3.Pain builds up over a period of 1-2 hours, progressing posteriorly and becoming diffuse
4.Headache lasts 4-72 hours
5.Nausea (80%) and vomiting (50%), including anorexia and food intolerance, and light-headedness
6.Sensitivity to light and sound
Features of migraine aura are as follows:
1.May precede or accompany the headache phase or may occur in isolation
2.Usually develops over 5-20 minutes and lasts less than 60 minutes
3.Most commonly visual but can be sensory, motor, or any combination of these
4.Visual symptoms may be positive or negative
5.The most common positive visual phenomenon is the scintillating scotoma, an arc or band of absent vision with a shimmering or glittering zigzag border
Physical findings during a migraine headache may include the following:
*Cranial/cervical muscle tenderness
*Horner syndrome (ie, relative miosis with 1-2 mm of ptosis on the same side as the headache)
*Tachycardia or bradycardia
**Hypertension or hypotension
*Hemisensory or hemiparetic neurologic deficits (ie, complicated migraine)
*Adie-type pupil (ie, poor light reactivity, with near dissociation from light)
Homoeopathic constitutional treatment cures this malady completely since it goes to the root of the disease and removes this tendency permanently.
Some of Homoeopathic remedies used for treating migraine are Belladonna,Spigelia,Sanguinaria,Glonoine,Natrum mur,Phosphorus, Tuberculinum, Iris versicolor,medicine should be strictly selected based on symptom similarity only to get permanent cure.