Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikanth Kasturi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srikanth KasturiYour feedback matters!
My baby is one and a half months old, and feeds on my milk only. I want to know how can I confirm whether I can produce sufficient milk for my baby or not.
My 5yr old complains of pain in the leg often while sleeping in the night, what could be the reason? There is no specific leg or specific place on the leg. Who should be consulted, a paediatrician or orthopedist ?
Hi. I m blessed with a Baby Girl! Glad to see wonderful doctors here As we will be purchasing all baby products like shampoo, soap, creams etc. What is the best brand to go with? Also regarding baby food products, brand advise needed. Hope to get quick response on above. Thanks a lot for Lybrate for staying connected.
My daughter who is 2.5 years old put thread in her nose but no thread found by doctor in basic checkup what will we do?
My baby is one year old. She is very thin. And she is not healthier. What should I give her to make her healthier. Pls suggest.
Hello my 16 month old baby falls ill early. Every month there is some problem like cold, cough etc with fever. Almost every month doctor prescribed him antibiotics. I want to build his immunity. Can I give him chawanprash, dashanda herbs etc. If yes then can I give him daily. Please help.
Are diapers safe to use for children. If not y I have blood cholesterol. So which foods I should eat and which foods or fruits I shouldn't.
Gud mrng drs. My delivery due date is 15th March. I want to pack new born baby's clothes. What stuff of clothes should I pack? please guide.
My new born daughter is prescribed antibiotic for 1 to 2 weeks for infection. Will their be ill effect in future or now? What should be do to make this right?
Dear Sir, My daughter aged 8 years old getting dry cough. Nosy and fever from 2 days onwards. I am giving paracetamol half tab and half for cough. But no result yet, what should I do?
I want to adopt a child and feed my breast without getting pregnant, is there any medicine or any process. please suggest.
My 1 week old baby girl I just want to ask that she is having fever since day before yesterday normal fever. So please let me know what should I do?
My 3 years son is suffering with UTI 3rd time in last 6 months. Want to seek specialist advice in Delhi/NCR as my paediatric is unable to get the root cause of infection. Kindly help at earliest.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.