Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am experiencing backache, frequent urination, nausea without vomit and hunger kind of feel. My MC date is 01 Nov Last period date is 1 oct. Do m pregnant? But I checked Through prega news it shows negative. please tell what should I do?
My creatinine level is 1.2 and had nephrectomy in 2001. So far my creatinine levels were maintained. I take regular medications for cholesterol and HTN.
From past 8-9 days I am getting abdominal pain. 1 month before I got relief from kidney stone. Is this again sign of kidney stone.
I missed my period in January (Jan 28), but I wasn't sexually active so I ignored it. I had unprotected sex on Feb 11 and took ipill within 24 hours and got my period the same day I.E Feb 12. Had sex again on 18th Feb, condom broke so took pill again. After 10 days had period like bleeding for 3 days on 28th Feb. Last had sex on March 9 (protected, but I doubt). No sex after that. Did urine test on 4th, 18th & 30th march. All negative. On someone's advice I did blood hcg on 30th march again negative. But I'm confused that I bled on 28th Feb for second time. Was that my period or the one I got on Feb 12th? If 28 is my actual period date then Have I got that blood hcg done too early? Or should I rely upon the tests?
I have problem of urine pass when I go for pee it takes time to come out and I remove my pant down it goes hang automatically when I stay in underwear even it stay in same condition but after put effort its come out this problem is coming to me from so many years I cheek it to one urine specialist but I don't get effect even my reports were god my ultrasounds was clear even when it's not come out I start water by the voice of water it comes what kind of problem. Is this please suggest me m suffering from this problem. Very long time even I wear very loose fit pants now sometime it comes frequently when I go to bed for sleeping.
In ultra sonography 4 mm size kidney stone detected while after 2 days when CT test done for abdomen no stone was observed please tell which is reliable. Should I go for any medication.
Did Stone in any where in urinary tract from urethra to kidneys lead to weight loss? And Did stone can block urine (10% urine comes) without pain in bladder? Thank You.
My age 49 years under labs tests yesterdays. Creatine serum shows 0.58 does it mean that I have kidney problem. My triglycerides are 400 and total cholesterol is 201. Currently I am not using any medicine. Kindly advise on the above analysis.
Suffering from feeling Stinging Pain while Urinating since more or less almost 3 years. Consulted Many Doctors, No Treatment Worked. Did all the tests like usg, mri etc. No specific problem detected. But, I am also seeing 3 Dark Colored, Round Shaped, Painless, No Lump/Lieson type Spot on the skin of the Penis Glans. I am seeing it since years. But, First it was only one, now it is 3/4. What are they? Is there any relation between those Dark Marks and the Stinging Pain (Needle Picking type) that I feel while urinating? What are the available treatment to remove those Dark, Round Shaped, Painless, No Lump type Spots?
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.