Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sridevi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SrideviYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, I am suffering from full headek in the 10 days back im consult the doctors, take the medecins but not any action.
With information being bombarded at us from every side, it often becomes difficult to sift through myths and facts. Indigestion is something many people commonly suffer from and probiotics have become an increasingly popular way to treat this condition. Like everything else probiotics are surrounded by a number of myths and misconceptions. Here are the top 3 myths you shouldn’t fall for when talking about probiotics.
Only people with digestion issues need probiotics
We think of probiotics only when suffering from indigestion and stomach upset, but probiotics do much more than cure the occasional stomach cramp. Probiotics can improve a person’s overall health by reducing sugar cravings and strengthening the immune system. It also helps improve the quality of sleep and boosts energy levels. Regular intake of probiotic supplements has also proven to be beneficial for weight loss. By aiding the digestion process, probiotics also help rid the body of toxins and thus, promote clear and healthy skin. These supplements are especially useful when unwell and should be taken along with antibiotics to fight off possible indigestion that may occur as a side effect of the medication.
All probiotics are the same
Walk into a supermarket and you’re bound to see at least half a dozen different types of probiotics. Probiotics can be had in many forms ranging from yogurt to probiotics supplements. Even if you consume yogurt on a daily basis, it may be a good idea to supplement your meals with a probiotic in cases of chronic indigestion. However, not all probiotics are the same. Probiotics vary in terms of potency and the strain of bacteria they concentrate on. Some of these supplements need to be refrigerated while others do not. However, the method of preservation does not affect the efficacy of the supplement. Also, the same probiotics may affect two people in different ways. This is because there are millions of potential combinations for gut flora. Hence, it is important to find a probiotic that works well for you.
Probiotic – prebiotic – they’re the same thing!
Probiotics and prebiotics both work to improve digestion, but the difference between them is more than a single alphabet. While probiotics refer to the bacteria itself that will multiply in your gut and aid in digestion, prebiotics contains fibre and starche that will nourish bacteria and help gut bacteria flourish. Thus, in a way, prebiotics ‘fertilize’ probiotics. Unlike probiotics that are affected by temperature changes and gradually expelled from the body, prebiotics are not destroyed in the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are white spots on my both hand or on my both legs. How can we for away from it. Please help me.
I am constantly experiencing vivid hallucinations which often consists of encounter with celestial beings like fairies etc. What type of psychological disorder is this. Please throw some light on the matter in detail. I am experiencing vivid auditory, visionary and sensory hallucinations. Please enlighten me on this serious matter.
I'm 20 year old! my white hair are increase compare to black hair! so please suggest me how can I decrease my white hair!
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!