Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sri Lekha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sri LekhaYour feedback matters!
Am breastfeeding my 2 month old baby. I have hypoechoic lesion in my right breast of 1.1*0.8 cm well defined hypoechoic lesion is seen on uoq of breast. Minimal vascularity in ultrasound breast. .skin. Subcutaneous and retroparenchymal spaces normal. Do I need to take mammogram. When can I take. Does the radiation affects baby. Bilateral axillary show multiple lymph nodes of 1.0 to 1.5 cm each. Does it cause future cancer. Please help me. Am very much worried..
So you love you job and don't mind working after-hours every once in a while. Are you plagued by hypertension, stomach disorder and sleeplessness often? It's probably about time that you started paying more attention to the dual functioning of your body and mind. Straining on one while neglecting the other will only bear dire consequences in the near future and render your body weak and your mind restless.
The regulation of the mind-body dualism is the most integral aspect of your being. Your mind has the potential of affecting your health in more ways than one. Having a better outlook towards life helps deal with health issues such as depression, headaches, pain and stress. The dual functioning of mind and body is bound to have greater implications on your health and one needs to be well aware of the facet of it:
Your mind reflects what your health has to say!
The brain creates gamma globulin and endorphins which toughen your immunity and serve as natural painkillers, respectively. The production of these substances depends significantly on how you're feeling at the moment. Having a positive outlook even when you're down with fever, pain or stress enables your body to create better regulatory hormones which accelerate healing. On the other hand, if you're being too hard on yourself as a result of work overload, emotional crisis or any personal mishap, and adopt a negative perspective towards most things, your body will know and slow down its mechanism for creating endorphins and gamma globulin. This means you'll take longer to regain normalcy.
What you're doing to your body affects how your brain works?
On the flipside, if your body is under extreme pressure to perform and as a result you're missing out on your regular healthy regime, your mind is guaranteed to function differently. Eating differently, losing sleep, exercising less, and burn-outs will affect your mental well-being, mostly negatively. The fight-or-flight reaction and blood pressure levels are considerably influenced by how you're feeling and how you are dealing with things in life. As a result, you might feel depressed, moody, restless or sick.
Therapies to increase the mind - body functioning!
Practicing therapy and exercising to improve the dual functioning of your brain and body are therefore indispensible for keeping well. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) suggests some integrative measures that are sure to have a positive impact on your over-all well being:
- Cognitive-behavioral management
- Yoga and relaxation
- Proper diet and regular physical exercise
- Active involvement in music, art or dance
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
Despite everything else, if you're still willing to work beyond your deadline, at least don't forget to eat the salad that you had packed for lunch! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Preconception planning and health care focus on things you can do before and between pregnancies to increase your odds of having a healthy child. For a few women, preparing their body for pregnancy takes a couple of months. For others, it may take longer. Here are a few things you should consider in your preconception planning:
- See your doctor: Before getting pregnant, consult a doctor and talk to them about the preconception healthcare needs. The doctor will need to examine your family history and any other medical conditions you may have at present that could influence your future pregnancy.
- Medical conditions: In case you have any medicinal conditions, make sure they are under control and being dealt with properly. Some of these conditions include: STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), diabetes, thyroid, phenylketonuria (PKU), seizures, hypertension, joint inflammation, dietary issues and other chronic diseases.
- Lifestyle and behavior: Consult a doctor or a specialist in case you smoke, drink liquor or use drugs; live in an unpleasant or oppressive environment; or work with or live around harmful substances.
- Medication: Consuming certain medicines during pregnancy can bring about genuine birth defects. These include some remedy and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and dietary or home grown supplements. In case you are planning a pregnancy, you need to examine the requirement for any medicine with your specialist before becoming pregnant and ensure you are taking just those medicines that are vital.
- Take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day: Folic acid is a vital nutrient that the body requires, especially during pregnancy. If a woman has enough folic acid in her body at least one month before and during pregnancy, it can prevent some birth defects of the infant's brain and spine.
- Quit drinking alcohol, smoking, and using drugs: Smoking, drinking liquor and consuming drugs can bring about numerous issues during pregnancy for a woman and her child which may include untimely birth, birth imperfections, and newborn death.
- Dodge toxic substances and environmental contaminants: Dodge lethal substances and other ecological contaminants and destructive materials at work or at home. For example, engineered chemicals, metals, bug sprays, fertilizers and animal faeces.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Women who are overweight have a higher risk for some serious conditions, including complications during pregnancy, coronary disease, type-2 diabetes and certain other diseases (endometrial, bosom, and colon). Women who are underweight are likewise at risk for other medical issues. The way to accomplish and keep up a sound weight is not about short-term dietary changes. One should maintain it throughout in order to stay healthy and fit.
- Family history: Gathering your family's health history can be critical for your child’s well-being. Depending upon your family history, you might be recommended to genetic counselling by your doctor. Women go for genetic counselling owing to different reasons such as having had premature deliveries in the past, an infant’s death, infertility, or even a hereditary condition or birth defect that happened during a past pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Panchakarma Process (NETRA BASTI) TARPAN Very Effective in this case.
Sir my wife have white discharge regularly. Our married life is 10 months. Her age is 26 my age is 35. Is there any problem to be pregnancy for white discharge. Suggest me please If yes then told me the medicine.
I have done sex with my partner during my ovulation period without using condom so he ejaculated semen in my vagina but I have inserted cu-t in june 2016 so is there any risk of pregnancy I had also checked my iud it was on place before sex.
There are times in cooking when you will need to use a parsley substitute, probably because of its unavailability. Parsley is a flavorful herb and if you fall short of it, dried forms of it can also be used. It is an extremely popular herb around the world, both in fresh and dried forms, but if you’re halfway through a recipe and realize you’re missing such a flavorful ingredient, don’t worry. In most cases, fresh forms of herbs are replaced with dried forms of the same herb, just in smaller amounts, but there are also other plants and herbs that can mimic the flavor and effect of parsley and are great parsley substitutes.
In some cases, you may be preparing a meal for someone with a known allergy to parsley, but you still want to achieve the same effect in the taste of your recipe. Regardless of the reason you need a parsley substitute, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Best parsley substitutes are basil, chervil, cilantro, rosemary, and mint, among others.
Many people naturally turn to basil as a replacement for parsley due to the similarity of their appearance, but the flavors are notably different. Basil cuts through more blatantly in a dish, so if you are making a dish with a subtle spice balance, basil may throw off the end result. However, if you are preparing highly flavorful foods, such as italian cuisine, the inclusion of basil may not be noticeable in exchange for parsley.
One of the most popular parsley substitutes is chervil, as it also boasts a rather mild taste, similar to parsley. However, the sweetness of chervil is often compared to aniseed, a licorice flavor that can often blend in nicely with parsley. Chervil also belongs to the same family as parsley, and in europe, is one of the most common substitutes for this in-demand herb.￼
Although cilantro or coriander isn’t quite as bitter as parsley, this flavorful leafy herb is a popular parsley substitute. Cilantro is particularly good if you are trying to replaceparsley as a garnish since its appearance is strikingly similar. For people who are adventurous in their herbal replacements, cilantro can be an interesting choice for a dish, but if you are worried about your food being overpowered, cilantro may not be the best choice.
4. Dried parsley
When you are replacing any fresh herb, the first thing you should try to find is a dry variety. In the case of parsley, most culinary experts say that the potency multiplies 3 times in the dried form, so if your recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, use 1 teaspoon of dried parsley instead. The flavor match will be almost identical, although some slight changes occur when the herb dries.
Oregano shares the same earthy flavor as parsley but is slightly warmer than parsley in terms of taste. It is also stronger as a spice, but can easily replace parsley in stews, soups, and curries.
Known as one of the most aromatic herbs, with a pungent and unmistakable flavor, rosemary should only be used to replace parsley if you want a stronger bite in your dish, and are going to be cooking the spices, not just using them as a seasoning. As a whole, the flavors of rosemary and parsley are complementary, despite being quite different.
Mint has a recognizably sweet taste and is slightly more pungent than parsley, so it could give savory dishes more of a sweet bite than you want. However, it has a number of similar health effects and works equally well as a garnish. In middle eastern and asian cuisine, given the other spices being used, the replacement of parsley with mint won’t be as noticeable.
Do you know that the future health of your baby is decided before you even conceive? Your preconception health is very important. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy.
These are a few tips which can do wonders
1. Relaxation at Work and Household Backup - Plan out your work schedule. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
2. Finances - Get your finances settled and insurance plan changed accordingly.
3. Lifestyle Modification - Eat healthy. Stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking. Set aside a time for regular exercise if possible. Try to lose that extra flab and stay very active.
5. Take Folic Acid - Take 400 mcg of folic acid tablet daily. It helps prevent birth defects of brain and spine in the baby.
6. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats.
7. Up-to-Date Vaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination against rubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap of at least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.
8. Optimize your Medical Condition - If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medical condition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure and sugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug may need modifications.
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mental retardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist to determine which problems to look for and how to prevent it.
I had started sexual activity from last five months. So I want to. Know whether my vagina has become loose or tight. Moreover if I stop it from now onward will again my vagina will regain its tightness or it will not because after two years I am having my marriage? And please tell me is it easily visible to the partner that I am virgin or not? Or should I continue doing that.
My wife is carrying now just 7 weeks over. She is getting white discharges. For that what we need to do? Then for me feeling sexy mood with my wife. Now we can get in contact is right or wrong. In which position we can do?
I am 21 yrs old female and I frequently notice that my vagina to be wet and there's a bad odour also. Please help me.
My wife gave birth to a baby six months back and since then she is having irregular menstruation periods. Some times it comes after twenty days and some times in fifteen days and now almost 35 days have gone since her last periods. Although we haven't any sexual intercourse still We have done the test which has shown negative result? Please provide appropriate answer for the problem. Do we need to consult a gyne? My wife is breastfeeding the baby could this be the cause please clarify?
I am 27 weeks 5 days pregnant. Sometimes I don't feel the baby's movement for 5 to 6 hours is this normal.
Hi i'm 25 years old and my weight is 45 I was pregnant but had to do abortion because there was no heart beat in the baby so can I know how to go a head for the next baby and any tips to avoid all this for next time ?
Mam! My date was 28th March before 2 days. Now can you tell me which days would be the best for us to plan for our baby? And what other tips can you suggest me for the Best results.
Bacterial vaginosis is a condition which is characterized by an infection in the vagina. The vagina consists of both good and bad bacteria which remain in a state of balance. Bacterial vaginosis occurs when the balance of bacteria in the vagina gets disrupted. The count of bad bacteria in the vagina tends to increase as compared to the count of good bacteria.
It occurs when the balance of bacteria in the vagina is upset. There are certain factors that may make you prone to this disorder; some of them are:
Douching: Douching is a process of cleaning the vagina with water or cleansing agents. This process leads to an imbalance in the amount of good and bad bacteria in the vagina.
Multiple Sex Partners: Women who have multiple sex partners are at an increased risk of getting affected by bacterial vaginosis.
Lack of Good Bacteria in the Vagina.
The usual symptom of this disorder is a foul smelling vaginal discharge. The color of the discharge may be yellow or gray. The foul smell emanating from the vagina may intensify post coitus.
Given below are the treatments for this disorder –
Clindamycin: Clindamycin is a cream that helps treat bacterial vaginosis.
Metronidazole: This medication may be either administered orally or applied in the form of gel. It is advised to stay away from alcohol during the course of this treatment, as it reduces the efficacy.
Tinidazole: This is an oral medication administered to treat bacterial vaginosis. Akin to metronidazole, it is advised to avoid alcohol during the course of this treatment.
Following certain tips can help prevent bacterial vaginosis.
Avoid Douching: Douching can upset the balance of bacteria in the vagina; hence it is best to avoid it entirely.
Do not use scented toiletries: Using scented toiletries is not good for the vagina as it can disrupt the balance of bacteria in the vagina.
Practice safe sex: Use protection while engaging in sexual intercourse to prevent STIs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.