Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sri Lakshmi Kolluri
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sri Lakshmi KolluriYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 22 years old. I have very less facial hair. I wanted to grow full facial beard. please give me advice to gain full beard on my face.
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina