Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sri KanthYour feedback matters!
My son is 2 months old now. I have already administered him some doses of vaccines as given by the hospital. Now after some reading I am doubtful about painless vaccine. If I go for painful now will that disturb the schedule?
Infant of 1.5 month passing white stools, with increasing crp and decreasing hemoglobin. Child has previous history of intesinal obstruction due to cyst and malrotation of gut and got operated for it while she was of 20 days almost.
My daughter is 5 year old, many time see feel moderate stomach pain for last 1 year, please suggest me test for useful of know the reason.
My wife is 25 years old and having an 9 month baby. And she regularly breastfeeding, so I want to know the best suitable oral contraceptive for her in this condition.
My sister is 16 years age with 5feet height but she has 65 kg weight. She is too much worried about her increasing weight.
I have kid aged 1.3 years, when ever he had some junk food outside, he will get loose motions continuously for days together. Sometimes he feels burning there. Sometimes not. We used to apply easy nappy ointment also. So kindly Suggest a good homeopathy medicine for this. Thank you.
My 4 months old daughter is crying every day and night with only few hours of rest. Please suggest the remedy for this cause.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
My newborn is 14 days old today and had mild jaundice of 8.9 on 8th day. Doc has asked to feed him every 2.5 hours. I have following queries 1. Sometimes he keeps on sleeping beyond 2.5 hours and does not wake even after trying hard. Is it ok to let him sleep a little more until he wakes by himself. Sometimes at night I feel so sleepy that I let him sleep for more than 2.5 hours. Please suggest if its fine. I feed him properly during the day. 2. Shall I keep tab on 2.5 hours or let my baby wake on his own when hr is hungry. I have tried it once or twice and noticed he wakes up anytime between 2 to 4 hours by himself. 3. How to know that my baby is recovering from jaundice? Docs say it takes anytime between 20 to 30 days. Shall I be taking blood test to confirm?
My Brother has got premature baby born at 26 weeks pregnant, now he is 47 days age, he has go brain bleeding problem after 10 days of birth, they have used lot of antibiotics during the treatment for the lung infection, now he has not yet put any weight, same the weight of 850 gm, he is active and movements are okay. Starting he was on ventilator, but now he is taking his own breath, the heart beat rate is 96, In brain CT scan it showing that everything normal except gross hydrocephalus with thinned brain parenchyma, doctor said its not the position to do any operation on him, so paediatrician it self pulling out water by injection method with the guidance of Neurologist in video call. So please provide us if there are any other options and suggestions for us.
My 11 month baby has something black on his bottom teeth. Is this due to calcium deficiency? Kindly suggest.
My daughter is around 7 years but she always refuse food n fruits wht should I do to improve her diet.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day.