Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sri Hari
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sri HariYour feedback matters!
My job demands 12 hrs of computer usage on day to day basis. I have computer syndrome. My eyes pain a lot someone. I don't feel like watching anything then. Hence, I have decided to go for good AR coated glasses. Also coating which can filter blue rays. I check with crizal lenses. It has crizal prevention. But this is very costly. Hence, I want to check is it worth spending so much or there is alternative in local brands? Some facts: Also in year 2011 I have gone through lasik for correction.
I am 24 years old male, nowadays my eyes start paining what will be the reason I think that my speck number is increased is it like that?
I'm feeling that a layer is starting to cover on my eye, what are the necessary steps to take to avoid that.
Hello, I feel my eyes so heavy and tired. Sometimes, swollen too. I am facing this problem from last year. 6 Month back I come to know that my thyroid gland is inactive. Is this a reason for fatigue?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose. Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes.Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of the spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in the rigorous physical activity. Contacts are free from all these hassles- they not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles are very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect- they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance- they help you to look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!