Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sreelatha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SreelathaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend has not got periods since 1 month. This has happened before too. What could be the reason?
I got married in jan 2016. Trying to conceive since sept 16. But unable to conceive till now. please help me.
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am a Senior Citizen with normal health & not having any health issues . Just wanted to know about the Daily normal Diet plan to take care of optimum intakes of desired nutrients for people of our age. I am a working Professional .
Me and my girlfriend engage in oral sex often. Is oral sex good, Both in health and relationship way of concern.
Date Palms are the oldest cultivated trees majorly grown in the northern parts of Africa for over 10000 years.Based on the moisture content they hold, are sorted into three categories: Soft,semisoft and Dry.
Below are some Wonders of incorporating Dates in the Regular Diet:
Prevents the risk of developing Heart Ailments:Dates contain high levels of important mineral,Potassium ,which helps in maintaining electrolyte balance and helps in even contractions of heart muscles and nerve impulses.
Cancer Prevention: Polyphenols,Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine) along with Fiber present in Dates are known to provide protection against oxidation process of the healthy cells,hence reducing the impact of carcinogens(cancer producing cells.)
Helps in Maintaining Ideal blood pressure:- Dates are known to have fair amounts of calcium,zinc and manganesium ,which along with potassium help in striking normal blood pressure.It is considered beneficial to hypertensive patients.
The above benefits offered by Date palms makes them an ideal option for those who love to binge on sweets regularly, however they should be taken in supervision by a dietitian or nutrition expert ,as they are relatively high in sugar as well.Diabetics should consume them only, after the recommendation from a Diet expert.
How sonography is done for checking the hormones test? I am worried about it. Doctor ask me to do. Since I have irregular periods. I am 23 yes old.
A lot of people are switching from regular water to sparkling water, which is considered to be more of a fad. Sparkling water is just carbonated plain water. It is equally hydrating, but with a ‘kick’! The bubbles in the water tantalise taste buds. But there have been too many controversies surrounding the consumption of sparkling water. Tooth enamel erosion, calcium deficiency and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are said to be some of the harmful effects of consuming sparkling water. But there has not been any scientific study to back this up.
Most of the rumours surrounding sparkling water arise from the carbonated factor. Carbonation leads to formation of carbonic acid in the water making sparkling water slightly acidic in nature. In addition if the water has sodium bicarbonate or any other chemical added to it for slight salty taste it increases the sodium content of the water, which is not good for people suffering from high blood pressure. There are other harmful ingredients like sugar, preservatives, phosphoric acid etc. in other carbonated drinks, which mightn’t be present in Sparkling water et all.
Although sparkling water has not been found to be unhealthy, but we should remember acid in the sparkling water erodes teeth enamel and gas leads to IBS. There are a few other things one must remember before replacing regular water with sparkling water:
- Stomach problems: Though this issue is extremely subjective, affecting some and not all. Sparkling water just has extra air in it. This air can lead to excessive flatulence, burping and bloating in the abdomen for some. However, it will not affect everyone equally.
- Stealthy sugar and sodium: Bottled soda water and tonic water are some types of sparkling water. These are not healthy. Tonic water contains sodium and sugar. If you are observing your sodium intake, then do not drink sparkling water. However, those who do intensive athletic activities, they may opt for sparkling water. You lose electrolytes through sweat. Sparkling water can provide quick hydration.
- Flavours: People who invest in carbonators, get small little flavouring packets. It is advised, for your well-being, not to use these to flavour the water. They are not always healthy as they contain extra calories and sugar. Consuming soda and sparkling water won’t make much of a difference then. Instead of the packets, you can use cucumber, mint leaves, lime and lemon, or any other fruit, to flavour your water. It adds no extra calories and is actually good for you!
You can, indeed, safely replace regular water with sparkling water. It is a fun way to stay hydrated!