Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sreekanth AppasaniYour feedback matters!
Severine D Souza
He is a good doctor. Listen your problems patiently. First time I visited with lots of doubts about my health. He clarified my problems. Thanks to him
I am a 23 year old male. I happened to develop a bad habit of fingering my anus. Now my bowel movements are not correct. Its like. After every meal I feel like taking a shit. I can not control it. I have to put a lot of pressure and its like all my guts coming out. And the worst thing is. I feel there is always something left to go. So I have to put my finger in and again empty my stomach. I have gas problem too. Stool test showed an infection. I took aciloc. Gas problem was a bit low that time. But bowel movements are not ok still. Also, sometimes a thick fluid comes out my anus. Especially after I masturbate. I need a solution for this. My life is hell because of this.
The gall bladder is a very small organ located behind the liver. This organ stores the bile created by the liver and releases it whenever needed. We rarely pay attention to this organ until there is a problem and most gallbladder related problems are very painful. Unknowingly you may be harming your gall bladder by eating certain types of food like red meats and saturated fats. On the other hand, eating some types of food can improve your gall bladder health. Some such foods are:
- Fiber-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber and a must in a balanced diet. Fiber helps keep the gall bladder healthy and also helps prevent gallstones from developing. An easy way to add more fibre to your diet is to incorporate a salad with your lunch and dinner.
- Water: Water not only helps hydrate the body but also helps maintain the water levels required in bile. Ideally, a person should drink 8 glasses of water a day. This should not all be drunk at one time but should be spaced out through the day. Drinking too much water at one time will result in the body expelling it in the form of urine instead of absorbing it.
- Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.
- Flaxseeds: Eating just one tablespoon of flax seeds a day can boost your health in a number of ways. One of the many benefits of including flaxseeds in your diet is a healthy gall bladder. Flax seeds contain mucilaginous fiber or fiber that forms a gel. This type of fiber aids in the liver’s synthesis of bile acids and thus keeps the gall bladder healthy.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Not all fats are bad for the body. Omega three fatty acids play an important role in producing anti-inflammatory compounds. Some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids include olive oil, avocados and flax seeds.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamins like vitamin C. a deficiency of this particular vitamin can cause gall stones. For this reason, eat plenty of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli that are rich in vitamin C. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.