Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sree Latha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sree LathaYour feedback matters!
Kuch time pahle my wife abortion about 3 months so mai janana chahta hu aapse kitne month ka gap hona chahiye physical relationship banane se pahle my wife and me so next pregnanency me kitna gap Hona chahiye jisase koi problem na ho future life me please advise.
I had unsafe sex with my girl friend on 5th day of her menses. She did not get her next menses yet she supposed to get it today i.e 23rd Dec, is it mean that she is pregnant if it is, how can we avoid pregnancy?
Can breast bleeding indicate for pregnancy. After know about breast bleeding. What should be do for next to stop bleeding. After pregnancy can any effect on vagina. Lastly during pregnancy can we stop sex daily.
Am trying to conceive. Can I take folic acid tablet without doctor description? If means Per day how many ?before or after food? Please suggest me.
What are ingrown toenails?
1. Ingrown toenails occur when the edges or corners of the nail grow into the skin next to the nail.
2. Ingrown toenails that are not infected can be treated at home, but you should seek medical treatment if the nail has pierced the skin.
3. You are at a higher risk of complications from an ingrown toenail if you have diabetes or other conditions that cause poor circulation.
Ingrown toenails occur when the edges or corners of your nails grow into the skin next to the nail. Your big toe is most likely to get an ingrown toenail.
What causes ingrown toenails?
Ingrown toenails occur in both men and women. According to the National Health Services (NHS), ingrown toenails may be more common in people with sweaty feet, such as teenagers. Older people may also be at higher risk because toenails thicken with age.
Many things can cause an ingrown toenail, including:
- Cutting toenails incorrectly (cut straight across, since angling the sides of the nail can encourage the nail to grow into the skin)
- Irregular, curved toenails
- Footwear that places a lot of pressure on the big toes, such as socks and stockings that are too tight or shoes that are too tight, narrow, or flat for your feet
- Toenail injury, including stubbing your toe, dropping something heavy on your foot, or kicking a ball repeatedly
- Poor posture
- Improper foot hygiene, such as not keeping your feet clean or dry
- Genetic predisposition
Using your feet extensively during athletic activities can make you especially prone to getting ingrown toenails. Activities in which you repeatedly kick an object or put pressure on your feet for long periods of time can cause toenail damage and increase your risk of ingrown toenails. They include:
What are the symptoms of ingrown toenails?
Ingrown toenails can be painful, and they usually worsen in stages.
Early-stage symptoms include:
- Skin next to the nail becoming tender, swollen, or hard
- Pain when pressure is placed on the toe
- Fluid building up around the toe
If your toe becomes infected, symptoms may include:
- Red, swollen skin
- Oozing pus
- Overgrowth of skin around the toe
How are ingrown toenails diagnosed?
Your doctor will most likely be able to diagnose your toe with a physical exam.
What are the treatment options for ingrown toenails?
Ingrown toenails that aren’t infected can normally be treated at home. However, if your toenail has pierced the skin, or there is any sign of infection, seek medical treatment. Signs of infection include:
- Redness and swelling
To treat your ingrown toenail at home, try:
- Soaking your feet in warm water for about 15 to 20 minutes three to four times a day
- Pushing skin away from the toenail edge with a cotton ball soaked in olive oil
- Using over-the-counter medicines, like calpol, for the pain
- Applying a topical antibiotic, such as t-bact, to prevent infection
If the toenail does not respond to home treatments or an infection occurs, you may need surgery. In cases of infection, stop all home treatments and see your doctor.
Total nail removal may be used if your ingrown nail is caused by thickening. The doctor will give you a local pain injection and then remove the entire nail.
According to the NHS, nail removal is 98 percent effective for preventing future ingrown toenails.After surgery
Your doctor will send you home with your toe bandaged. You will probably need to keep your foot raised for the next one to two days and wear special footwear to allow your toe to heal properly.
Avoid movement as much as possible. Your bandage is usually removed two days after surgery. Your doctor will advise you to wear open-toed shoes and to do daily salt water soaks until your toe heals. You will also be prescribed pain relief medication and antibiotics to prevent infection.
Your toenail will likely grow back a few months after a partial nail removal surgery. If the entire nail is removed down to the base, the nail matrix under your skin, a toenail can take over a year to fully grow back.
Complications of ingrown toenails
If left untreated, an ingrown toenail infection can cause an infection in the bone in your toe. A toenail infection can also lead to foot ulcers, or open sores, and a loss of blood flow to the infected area.
A foot infection can be more serious if you have diabetes.
Preventing ingrown toenails
Trim your toenails straight across and make sure that the edges do not curve in.
- Avoid cutting toenails too short.
- Wear proper fitting shoes, socks, and tights.
- Wear steel-toed boots if you work in hazardous conditions.
If your toenails are abnormally curved or thick, surgery may be necessary to prevent ingrown nails.
Meri wife k kuch Dino se continue white pani nikl rha h? Kis vjh se esa ho rha h or is ko kse rok skte h.tell me solution?
Hi I had hypothyroidism from 5 years after 2nd delivery I became 70 kgs I want to reduce my weight only abdomen part is fat I have irregular periods tell me a solution.
Hello. Im 33 years old. My last period was regular, from 17 to 22. 9. From 5 to 10.10 I had protected sex. I was supposed to get my period on 12th october, but it still did not come, so im really worries I might e pregnant since I never missed one since im 15. I went to see a doctor on 17th october, who did a urine test and the results were negative. I took a home pregnancy test which was also negative. What should I do? I am currently traveling the world so it might also be the stress and not enough food.
We are trying to baby but not conceiving for baby. trying from last 8 months. I have check my sperm count, that report is ok. What I can do for conceive.
Plzz recommend a medicine, as I got some infection near vagina it is not inside the vagina and the infected are is very itchy and burning too.
My friend is 18 years old she has taken 7-8 times I pill will it effect her future pregnancy and will she be fine?
My friend is pregnant in one month is not married women want abortion the pregnancy please give help for abortion.
I had done my pregnancy test with prega news n it's showing negative that means I'm not present then why I'm having trouble in periods.
I am suffering from pcod. Now I am on my periods second time same month and there is no bleeding only clots types which is brown is coming out what should I do now? in tge sense should I continue with the tablets?
Today only my periods finished .after 2 months I got periods. So whn I have to do sex so that I can conceive.
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman's life when there is an added focus to take care of yourself and your unborn child. The adage 'You are what you eat' takes on a whole new meaning during this period as it becomes the soon to be mother's responsibility to pack in extra nutrition to nourish her growing bump. Doctors often add in a dose of vitamins to ensure that the both mother and child are well nourished. But beyond that, the food choices you make will maintain a healthy weight gain for you and your baby and eventually even help when you want to shed the extra weight after your child is born.
Here are some tips to have a perfect diet during your pregnancy
Load up on the good stuff: Even if you've always been eating healthy, it is time to crank things up a notch and include more proteins, vitamins, minerals especially folic acid and iron and some extra calories for energy and increase it as you progress in your pregnancy. But eating to get more nutrients doesn't have to mean eating more in general. If you are already at a healthy weight, then you don't need extra calories in the first trimester. In the second trimester, you need about 340 extra calories a day and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester. The numbers will change if you are underweight or overweight.
Say no to some: During pregnancy, give a skip to food items like raw sea food and undercooked meat and poultry. This could lead to potentially dangerous infections. Other foods to steer clear from include unpasteurized milk and soft cheese. All of these are possible sources of bacteria that can be harmful to an unborn child. It is always good to give your fruits and veggies a good extra wash, as always. Try to avoid the known culprits like popular local fruits that may be laden with artificial ripeners. Also avoid food with excess oil or preservatives. You will also have to say a complete no to alcohol or smoking during this period. While most sites suggest that you also ditch your caffeine fix, you can best keep it less than 200mg or 12 ounces in a day. Stick to decaffeinated tea and sodas when possible. Some other foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy are packaged food, cold drinks, preserved food items as they contain preservatives, which are harmful. Also, chinese food should be avoided as it contains monosodium gulmate, which is again harmful due to teratogenic chemical.
Diet a big no: Another big no during pregnancy is dieting or controlling the intake of food to lose weight. Pregnancy is the time you actually, for once, get to legally gain weight and be happy about. Don't mess up your natural system with forced diets.
Keep the food coming: Pregnancy is the time for food craving at all odd hours - and the time to give into them without an ounce of guilt! If you are dealing with nausea and food aversion, try to stick to small meals throughout the day. Replace the chips with carrot sticks and the pizza slice with soup. If that sweet tooth starts acting up, give it a frozen fruit desert or shake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My Age is 39, too much hairfall . TSH is 3.54 progesterone on day 21 is 40, haemoglobin 12.4,glucose pp is 136 I am unable to conceive for last six months trying for it. doctor gave me thyronorm, glycomet tablets for one month to balance hormones. Keraglo tablets for hairfall. Am I following right medication? Prolactin is 1.2 and AMH is 3.14.
Due to my scanty periods I was advised to go for: 1: pelvic ultrasound before my periods, 2: OGTT on the second day of periods 3: LH/FSH on the third day of periods, I had my periods on 26/12/2015 exactly 28th day from my last periods as usual. The ultrasound suggests that both ovaries show multiple small follicles arranged peripherally with increased stromal echogenecity. Impression being: polycystic pattern of ovaries. For OGTT three blood samples were taken. First was while fasting then I was given 75gm of glucose, second sample was taken exactly 1 hour later and the last blood sample 1 hour after that. Results are: Fasting: 99.76 mg/dl 1 hr glucose: 156.80 mg/dl 2 hr glucose: 185.83 mg/dl LH: 3.28 mIu/mL FSH: 5.21mIu/ml The tests were advised because the doctor doubted PCOS. I won't be able to visit the doctor as of now. Can you please help me if I have this problem and what is the next step I have to take? And any medicines suggested? For further reference I stand 165 cm tall and weigh 75 kgs. And always get my periods on time. But they are very scanty. Just 2-3 days of cycle.
Turmeric or haldi in combination with milk can have unimaginable effects on your health. It is also an amazing mixture for personal care. Haldi milk for long has been a great naturopathic remedy to counter your day-to-day issues related to health. The benefits of this concoction must have been drilled into your head by several bollywood flicks that use it as a potent trope. In case you are still unaware, go through the following points.
You can experience the advantages of haldi milk in these many ways:
- It helps to treat common cold: A running nose and a clogged throat can be gotten rid of by drinking warm turmeric milk. Common cold is a recurrent problem bothering most people. It cures the soreness in one's throat and is also sought after because of its antibacterial or antiviral properties.
- If you suffer from body aches, this drink will give you relief: Athletes are particularly fond of this golden drink as it adds strength to a person's overall structure. Haldi milk makes the joints of your body sturdy; especially your spine.
- It is great for the health of your liver: If you have a problematic liver that keeps giving you a hard time, you should try drinking haldi milk. Haldi is known for its positive effects on one's lymphatic system. It can purify your blood by eliminating impurities in it, thus further accelerating liver function.
- You must see how it stalls the growth of cancer cells: Cancer is one threatening disease that once contracted, is hard to be curbed. Haldi can effectively stall the growth and multiplication of cancer cells in case of breast, lungs, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Painful menstruations can be taken care of now: If menstrual cramps turn you into an irritable, curled up mass, you should surely go for turmeric milk. There is no point in bearing with intolerable pain for ven a few days of the month when a solution as handy as this is available for you. It acts as an antispasmodic and pregnant women drink it to ensure smooth delivery.
- Sleepless nights can be kept at bay: Amino acids are required for a good eight hours of sleep. Haldi milk contains tryptophan which is a sleep inducing amino acid.